Ping lock

Bequiet46
13 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 2020
There we go again..
Dice really need to consider to put a ping lock on the servers, or/and get better quality servers.
Let's say 100 ping max. and that is pretty high already.
I'm from EU and for at least 2 months now when i join a EU! server at least 30% of 64 players have a ping of 140+ and up somtimes even saw 500+
I think this is gone out of hand and is not fun to play anymore if i have to switch at least 8 different server before i find a server with no or less high pingers on it.

I know this post will get burried because dice nor EA care to reply on it and give some good feedback to us about there servers, but at least i tryed ;)

Comments

• NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't care those high ping players are on OOR servers, as long as they don't get so much compensation they kill the servers.
    Srv tick values go through the roof when a couple of high pingers join a server and hitreg etc is gone for "normal" ping players.

And it should be impossible to be on top of the scoreboard with triple the number of kills and almost no deaths with such high pings.

If they decide to not add ping limits/RSP where we can set a ping limit, they should at least tweak the Netcode/compensation so the servers can handle a decent game performance.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA and Dice don't care. No matter how loud and often we ask for ping limits, they will never add such restriction. A lot of players are sick to death seeing 150+ Asian players on EU and NA servers but nothing will be done. At all.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2249 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They wont do it because otherwise they would have to supply a lot more servers for the more far flung places around the world.
  • WetFishDB
    2377 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree Dice and EA will never do this, but this is one of the many why the RSP is SOOOOO important.  It enables the community to implement things to meet the demand (like ping limits, turning off OP stuff, or whatever there is a demand for - including Hard Core modes perhaps.  But rented servers need to be way more visible, still gain XP etc, and get quick match traffic somehow.
  • Bequiet46
    https://imgur.com/a/hJsQtim this is the norm now a days
  • RayD_O1
    1145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    HcLing37 said:
    Totally the norm, I see that daily on German servers, it is beyond a joke.
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2020
    HcLing37 said:
    Ha, thats nothing. I can beat that easily!

I´m playing as a german on a german server, btw. 

• NASTYNEIL357
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Playing on Xbox eu with 20 ping I’ve always got the little warning in the screen corner either server performance or latency.
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Playing on Xbox eu with 20 ping I’ve always got the little warning in the screen corner either server performance or latency.

Ditto.
  • Bequiet46
    And EA/DICE ?? any response????
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    460 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why should they? The netcode works the way that high ping players still can enjoy a "normal" game and thats how it is wanted. That way they can shut down all servers in australia and still enable those people to play elsewhere in asia with higher pings/ latency...
  • sasqch10
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s often other players on PS4. I have 30-60 usually but when strange glitchy things happen you’ll usually find multiple people running in the 200s which is awesome
  • spychodelics
    450 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a ping of 5-10ms, i am on wired stable connection and i got all sort of icons since the past month. I really dislike these servers. 
  • dariarty
    206 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have noticed that @Braddock512 and @PartWelsh (linking you lads in to give you a chance to comment) refuse to answer questions around the quality of game performance. 

V seems to be poorly designed and would probably run sub par no matter what. But I played a couple of matches on BF1 the other day (still hits me how bloody beautiful that game is) and the quality seems to have dropped there also. Have they switched to Amazon servers too?

• The_BERG_366
    2817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

latency or jitter? I don't think you will get a latency indicator with a 20 ping. jitter entirely possible, especially if you play over WiFi
  • The_BERG_366
    2817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dariarty wrote: »
    I have noticed that @Braddock512 and @PartWelsh (linking you lads in to give you a chance to comment) refuse to answer questions around the quality of game performance. 

V seems to be poorly designed and would probably run sub par no matter what. But I played a couple of matches on BF1 the other day (still hits me how bloody beautiful that game is) and the quality seems to have dropped there also. Have they switched to Amazon servers too?

they clearly downgraded on the server side. I mean hitreg delays are so bad now that when I play in my region now (about 15 ping), it feels like it used to feel when playing oor (with like 100 ping)
  • ElliotLH
    9773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2020

I believe they did change to Amazon AWS for BF1. Something in the back of my mind is telling me that it wasn't all servers though, but might be getting mixed up.
  • NASTYNEIL357
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

latency or jitter? I don't think you will get a latency indicator with a 20 ping. jitter entirely possible, especially if you play over WiFi

Pretty sure it was latency i saved a photo of all the icons to keep an eye on it. Will check again tonight though.
    Playing wired connection with 100mb when I wrote that it’s been upgraded to 200mb since and still getting warnings.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1183 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

they clearly downgraded on the server side. I mean hitreg delays are so bad now that when I play in my region now (about 15 ping), it feels like it used to feel when playing oor (with like 100 ping)

Sometimes the hit markers are really delayed, almost to the point where you give up shooting and then they appear. Is that a server issue, a shooter issue or the person on the receiving end though?