The lonely engineer...

DerDoktorMabuse
466 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Tanks take more damage now from other tanks and i like that change, but doesnt it further nerf the engineer class? The AP-Pistol seems to have undergone a ninja nerf too dealing only 5 damage to a heavy tank now. They nerfed the ability to fire longer with static weapons what nearly killed the german SAA in its current state now. They made people less depentable on extra ammunition when they buffed the amount of bullets when spawning. The engineer lacks further the choice of interesting gadgets, as every gadget used by the enigneer is available to all other classes.
The only thing the engineer excels at, is bulding cover, building static weapons, ammuniton boxes to replenish gadgets and MMGs as most LMGs work more like assault rifles... what do you think dear reader?

Comments

• Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don´t really care of "but muh assault has better weapons and cool stuff". I play Support, because I want to play Support. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The only thing the engineer excels at, is bulding cover
    Many excel at blocking their entire tank regiment off from helping their side by building utterly pointless anti tank blockades on the side facing their homebase, or cutting off bridges that their tanks desperately need to use to get to depots and to get back to helping the front line.  
  • VOLBANKER
    1719 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And building obstacles that prevent your medics from reaching you when you’re downed.
  • sasqch10
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s why the whole idea of relying on squad or team to do anything is terrible. Team work is one thing but the lack of brain cells in most matches is beyond pathetic. Probably get confused by laces on their shoes so to rely on randoms will most often end in disappointment and deaths.
  • CT1924
    1354 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LMGs just need better range than ARs.
  • BlackRabbit9090
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They need to change this class role entirely and give it something new and useful! Its garbage really!
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    466 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don´t really care of "but muh assault has better weapons and cool stuff". I play Support, because I want to play Support. 

You may play as you want, but what do you contribute to your team you couldnt do for example with an assault dude?
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Which class is the engineer?
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

You may play as you want, but what do you contribute to your team you couldnt do for example with an assault dude?

I throw ammo, I counter-repair tanks and spot with supression fire. All of them still works good enough and my squad benefits from it.

People call things always worse than they actually are, just for the sake of "but muh stats and muh better weapons than this!".
  • dariarty
    206 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I throw ammo, I counter-repair tanks and spot with supression fire. All of them still works good enough and my squad benefits from it.

People call things always worse than they actually are, just for the sake of "but muh stats and muh better weapons than this!".
    I don't know, I put in some time with Assault for this weeks ToW (Christ I hate Grind) and they are ridiculously good, at everything. 
    Seriously being a Support main followed by Medic I was shocked by how easy this game is when you run Assault. 
    K/D isn't everything it's true, but shouldn't balanced guns just be a part of good gameplay design? 

Support does need something to give it a little spice.

I quite like the idea of any fortifications built by us are tougher to take down and provide protection from being bombed by planes and tanks. It would improve gameplay immensely and narratively it makes sense, it was built by the professionals. 
  • The_BERG_366
    2817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    tank vs infy is completely broken since they buffed tank armor (or nerfed damage of at gadgets to tanks). I mean an AT mine now deals 20 damage to a tiger 😂😂😂, what a joke. on top of that sometimes mines bug out and don't deal any damage to a tank when they are flipped around or another mine is on top of them. finally pacific tanks just fly aways from the blast of an explosion. if you place 3 mines under a sherman and blow them up the tank will fly off away from the explosion taking no more than 60 damage or so. its honestly ridiculous. the only decently effective tool against tanks is the lunge mine which is a ton of fun to use as well. at least there's one positive I guess...
  • ElToroFFM
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    tank vs infy is completely broken since they buffed tank armor (or nerfed damage of at gadgets to tanks). I mean an AT mine now deals 20 damage to a tiger 😂😂😂, what a joke. on top of that sometimes mines bug out and don't deal any damage to a tank when they are flipped around or another mine is on top of them. finally pacific tanks just fly aways from the blast of an explosion. if you place 3 mines under a sherman and blow them up the tank will fly off away from the explosion taking no more than 60 damage or so. its honestly ridiculous. the only decently effective tool against tanks is the lunge mine which is a ton of fun to use as well. at least there's one positive I guess...

I agree. The amount of mines you need to blow up anything is ridiculous. More often than not a transport drives over three mines without getting destroyed. Three mines should destrroy anything, MAYBE apart from a heavy tank, but 4 should be absolute max. Right now they are next to useless.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1184 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I made a thread about the Bazooka being a bit strong (imo obviously) but the changes have really taken it the other way. It's gone from easy 15 - 20 hits to loads of deflections and hits regularly well below 10. As for the grenade pistol.