Sherman with HEAT-T can 2-shot a Type 97.... from the front

DukeSan27
1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Comments

• MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    But just not at angles so positioning is back. I love it, other tankers just sit there square on facing me, I'm angled, and moving, and always win. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Also the type 97 two hit kills too with it's AT path. I love flanking, it really rewards you now. I think it's 67 dam per hit square on sides, and 82 rear? Something like that. Love the cannon drop over range too, stops a lot of camping. 
  • DaMutha1
    1471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I need to relook at my spec trees.  I've been getting owned a bit too much this week
  • DukeSan27
    1297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    But just not at angles so positioning is back. I love it, other tankers just sit there square on facing me, I'm angled, and moving, and always win. 
    Agreed.

But 50 is too much. If you get surprised by the first hit, it’s like a 3 second TTD. And quick repair becomes even more critical, so more frequent trips to the depot.
  • MBT_Layzan
    DukeSan27 said:
    Agreed.

But 50 is too much. If you get surprised by the first hit, it’s like a 3 second TTD. And quick repair becomes even more critical, so more frequent trips to the depot.

The window to get out of dodge is tight now no doubt mate. 
  • DukeSan27
    DaMutha1 said:
    I need to relook at my spec trees.  I've been getting owned a bit too much this week
    I think the meta just changed from anti-Infantry load out to anti-Tank load out, since Tank v Tank is deadly now. 
  • MrCamp121
    1168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I think the meta just changed from anti-Infantry load out to anti-Tank load out, since Tank v Tank is deadly now. 

Noticed this as well. Only time i can recall dying to a tank as infantry since the update has been when audio is bugged and its a silent tank
  • Imadis64
    141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Good to know. Been getting wiped recently while in a tank. I play mildly to moderately aggressive. 
  • DaMutha1
    1471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Imadis64 said:
    Good to know. Been getting wiped recently while in a tank. I play mildly to moderately aggressive. 
    I would describe myself as recklessly aggressive
  • DukeSan27
    This is getting hilarious now. Destroyed a full health Type 97 with a single HEAT-T round to the rear. He must have been pissed. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    DukeSan27 said:
    This is getting hilarious now. Destroyed a full health Type 97 with a single HEAT-T round to the rear. He must have been pissed. 
    He must have been damaged no? I think a shot like that does about 82 damage. 
  • WalcalkhIII
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well yeah. Type 97s IRL have pretty weak frontal armor, so a HEAT-T shell would slice right through it like butter and bust everything in there. 
    Similarly to how the Type 97's Type 5 75mm HV cannon can destroy Shermans from the front in two hits. 
  • DukeSan27
    DukeSan27 said:
    Can’t say. He was camped up in Iwo first sector and I managed to flank him. But 2x multiplier with 50 should be be 100? Or is the multiplier no longer 2x to the rear?
  • DukeSan27
    Well yeah. Type 97s IRL have pretty weak frontal armor, so a HEAT-T shell would slice right through it like butter and bust everything in there. 
    Similarly to how the Type 97's Type 5 75mm HV cannon can destroy Shermans from the front in two hits. 
    IRL may be fine, but in-game its pretty brutal for casual Tankers.
  • MBT_Layzan
    DukeSan27 said:
    DukeSan27 said:
    Can’t say. He was camped up in Iwo first sector and I managed to flank him. But 2x multiplier with 50 should be be 100? Or is the multiplier no longer 2x to the rear?
    From what I can tell, a rear hit does about 82 damage now. Sides 67, and front 50 if they are flat on.  
  • DukeSan27
    DukeSan27 said:
    DukeSan27 said:
    From what I can tell, a rear hit does about 82 damage now. Sides 67, and front 50 if they are flat on.  
    I see, my recording was off. Will check next time. So sides is also 2 hit and worse than front?
  • MBT_Layzan
    edited March 16
    DukeSan27 said:
    DukeSan27 said:
    DukeSan27 said:
    I see, my recording was off. Will check next time. So sides is also 2 hit and worse than front?
    Yea, direct AP hits will do 67 damage I believe to the sides. Any normal hit with AP will do 35 damage now if they are at angles.    
  • DukeSan27
    Reverse but also from rear, Type 97 does 83 damage to Sherman:

https://twitter.com/DukeSan27/status/1239444526365900801

• DukeSan27
    So 82/83 makes sense with 1.67 rear multiplier. The earlier rear multiplier was 2.2, at least on launch. 
  • Hawxxeye
    7775 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 16
    This is what happens when it is breeding season for the Sherman tanks.
    HEAT-AT .... breeding season.... get it?
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on