Does Headshot multiplers on autos needs to decreased?

talhaONE
684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 21
In bf1 Automatics had 1.7x headshot multipler which leads more consistent time to kill rather then one frame deaths we have in bf5. Most people thinks one frame death happens because of bad netcode but its half correct. It also happens because of the 2x headshot multipler that allows automatics to decrease their btk by one for each headshot.

Lets be honest here. No one aims to head exception of with BARs or the enemy is head glitching. All of those headshot kills happens because recoil kicks to head. Since you dont aim purposely to head, you shouldnt be rewarded for 1 less btk for each headshot either.

With decreased headshot multipler on automatics they wont able to melt at close range with a lucky shot to head. This will result a more consistent gameplay.

Bf1 did that and it was also very successful.

Comments

• llPhantom_Limbll
    6049 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    High headshot multiplier is one of the reasons people die too quick in this game. And I don't think it was a good idea overall to increse that damage.
  • gantinxxx
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If anything it should be no more than 2 hits to the head. Had to headshot a guy three times with a bar.
  • talhaONE
    684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    Dude, do NOT go down this road of claiming people don't really aim for headshots and that it's all just luck. It just makes you sound like a bad player trying to drag everyone else down to your level.

Speaking for myself, I absolutely aim for the upper torso and head with automatics when the situation calls for it. Think about it. If I aim at a guy's chest knowing the vertical recoil will raise my point of aim a few inches upwards, is it really luck when I pull the trigger and shoot the guy in the head with my next shots? Or is that just weapon knowledge, recoil control, and common sense? Come on.

If anything, headshot damage should be buffed. Players shouldn't ever be tanking multiple headshots.
    Its mostly luck especially guns with high rof and high horizontal recoil. I do mostly aim to center of mass (I play on ps4 btw) and i get tons of unintentional heashots. It boost automatics to decrease their btk an result in a one frame deaths. The netcode is already bad and we dont need a mechanic that shortens the btk that much. COD games have very low headshot multiplers for automatics thats why their gun play is very consistent like the Bf1. Bear in mind Bf5 is an arcade shooter so realism already thrown out the window.

Also SARs have 1.8x and SLRs have 1.7x headshot multipler for not to boost their btk. Same should be applied for Automatics.
  • TFBisquit
    2115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol, seriously. I get one shotted by pistol that sound like a 720 rpm suomi. At full health mind you. There is no doubt in my mind that it IS the servers and netcode. All shots in one packet means your client doesn't register the first hits.
    They all come in one, resulting in 1 frame deaths.
    Reducing heeadshot damage isn't gonna change that.

• CT1924
    955 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »
    Dude, do NOT go down this road of claiming people don't really aim for headshots and that it's all just luck. It just makes you sound like a bad player trying to drag everyone else down to your level.

Speaking for myself, I absolutely aim for the upper torso and head with automatics when the situation calls for it. Think about it. If I aim at a guy's chest knowing the vertical recoil will raise my point of aim a few inches upwards, is it really luck when I pull the trigger and shoot the guy in the head with my next shots? Or is that just weapon knowledge, recoil control, and common sense? Come on.

If anything, headshot damage should be buffed. Players shouldn't ever be tanking multiple headshots.

I would string headshots together on the LS26. I use a longer-range build of the FG42, and am still getting used to the recoil, but I usually get a few headshots on each enemy.
    In regards to decreasing the headshot multiplier-no. That would make the guns even worse at range.
  • InS_Hypno
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because you can't aim for the head doesn't mean no one can aim for the head
  • talhaONE
    edited March 22
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    Its not about going much for going headshot or not. Lucky headshots change the outcome of the battle too much imho. Id rather prefer a more consistent gameplay. Most COD games and Bf1 did that and they had a lot more consistent gun fights.
  • InS_Hypno
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    Its not about going much for going headshot or not. Lucky headshots change the outcome of the battle too much imho. Id rather prefer a more consistent gameplay. Most COD games and Bf1 did that and they had a lot more consistent gun fights.
    How do you even know they're lucky headshots?
    You don't
    Only thing that is gonna come out of this is shotguns are gonna be even more the uncontested kings of cqc
  • talhaONE
    (Quote)
    How do you even know they're lucky headshots?
    You don't
    Only thing that is gonna come out of this is shotguns are gonna be even more the uncontested kings of cqc

How do i know? Because i play the game thats how. Im playing on ps4 and usually aim for torso and still get tons of headshots because recoil kicks to head.
  • InS_Hypno
    edited March 22
    I'm gonna go on limb and say we shouldn't balance thing as important as head shot multipliers based on the experience of people who spend most of their time waiting prone in a corner
  • gantinxxx
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Play cs go for awhile, that game will train you to go for headshots. There is no luck when it comes to headshots.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6049 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22
    InS_Hypno said:
    But here is the thing: you also can't be 100% sure people aim for the head all the time. The majority of playerbase can't even aim at enemy's direction most of the time and you're saying people have an idea what decent aiming is. In most of situations some guy just sprays at your direction and lands a headshot because it happened that way.
  • InS_Hypno
    InS_Hypno said:
    But here is the thing: you also can't be 100% sure people aim for the head all the time. The majority of playerbase can't even aim at enemy's direction most of the time and you're saying people have an idea what decent aiming is. In most of situations some guy just sprays at your direction and lands a headshot because it happened that way.
    With that flawless logic is anyone aiming at all while were at it?
    The HS multiplier is essential to close fights balance, its what allows a better player with a worse weapon to still be able to be on top of a bot running with a noob tube
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    InS_Hypno said:
    InS_Hypno said:

Knowing this community it's really hard to tell. The amount of random stuff is actually bigger than you can imagine.
  • InS_Hypno
    InS_Hypno said:
    InS_Hypno said:

Knowing this community it's really hard to tell. The amount of random stuff is actually bigger than you can imagine.
    To the point its needed to tweak head shot multipliers?
    No, probably not
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    InS_Hypno said:
    InS_Hypno said:
    InS_Hypno said:

No, probably not
    Those were lower in all previous games and I see 0 reason for them to be higher now. It was changed only because of Dice's dumb soft-core approach while developing BFV. And it still hurts the game and makes it less fun for everybody.
  • InS_Hypno
    InS_Hypno said:
    InS_Hypno said:
    InS_Hypno said:

No, probably not
    Those were lower in all previous games and I see 0 reason for them to be higher now. It was changed only because of Dice's dumb soft-core approach while developing BFV. And it still hurts the game and makes it less fun for everybody.
    "Those were lower in all previous games and I see 0 reason for them to be higher now."
    It makes headglitching less strong, give a chance for people with quick reaction to kill campers, actually makes how good you are important rather than what weapon you are using
    "And it still hurts the game and makes it less fun for everybody."
    There's a billion thing to fix before anyone can even pinpoint that
    Network is definitely more likely to result in a one frame than a HS
    I've literally have been having people tell me I OS them with a magnum even tho I've shot them twice since launch
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    InS_Hypno said:
    InS_Hypno said:
    InS_Hypno said:
    InS_Hypno said:

No, probably not
    "Those were lower in all previous games and I see 0 reason for them to be higher now."
    It makes headglitching less strong, give a chance for people with quick reaction to kill campers, actually makes how good you are important rather than what weapon you are using
    "And it still hurts the game and makes it less fun for everybody."
    There's a billion thing to fix before anyone can even pinpoint that
    Network is definitely more likely to result in a one frame than a HS
    I've literally have been having people tell me I OS them with a magnum even tho I've shot them twice since launch
    Well I've never said netcode is good in this game. Still in many situations you get screwed over not by crappy servers but by a random spread and a hit in the head.
    It's also obvious that the game has too many important things to be addressed but pointing out other flaws is a good thing to do.
  • jroggs
    1151 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Its not BS, your stats are public and most of your top 10 guns need a bipod to be effective
    Anyway, anyone claiming "no ones aims for headshot" shouldn't be listened too because that is as ignorant as a statement can get
    So what if i mained MMGs? Do you think your Stg44 and 1916 are takes skill to do good with?

And yes majority of the player base especially on console aim center of the target, not to head.

Pro tip (or just common sense, really) - If you're using a bipod, your head generally is at or near your visible center of mass. Also, you're a very easy target because you're not moving.