[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• Carbonic
    1759 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    VPN connections are easily identified by an admin worth his weight, and connections dropped. (amazon and netflix do it) .
    It's not easy, it's highly complicated to spot a proper obfuscated VPN connection. Amazon and Netflix, due to their size, manages to do it with the most popular VPN providers some of the time but it's a constant battle going back and forth all the time. Saying that it's "easily identified by an admin worth it's weight" is simply not true, Netflix etc. has sophisticated VPN detection algorithms. Also, cheaters could easily rent some instance in the cloud outside of Asia somewhere and setup a VPN by themselves, it's really not that hard.

If people NEED a VPN to play online, they are breaking laws in their home countries.
    Sometimes it's people with restrictive governments sure but that's hardly all of them. For example, there are students in campus housing having to use VPNs to get through the campus network, people with work PCs that are allowed to use them for private use but not allowed to turn the VPN off, soldiers in military bases, people using VPNs to circumvent stupid ISPs routing their connection badly, people who don't want their ISP to spy on them and sell their data etc. etc. who all rely on VPNs in some form or another to play games.
  • SaullTigh
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22
    the fact that nothing is being done is a complete joke! last ea/dice game i ever buy...and im not alone, i have many friends who quit playing this game because of the failure to do so
    Exactly my thoughts....I am done with EA. They don't even care about it. Since beta BFV was full of cheats. Guess what changed. Nothing.
  • STOPchris
    589 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GenCuster said:
    Entering a game where cheats are legal ?????
    The self-esteem of myself would say to throw myself in a ravine before unloading cheat!
    Playing WITHOUT cheats is a matter of pride and honor for me.
    Who uses cheat is only a person with obvious self-esteem problems,
    and profound problems of not considering himself at the height of the other players.

What is this? Are you kidding?

• kid_n4pper
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Asian servers are literally unplayable.. every damn game has some  pos cheating and they don't even care that people know they are cheating because guess what? your anti cheat is clearly not working.

I mean c'mon you devs aren't stupid, you know this is happening but why are you allowing it to happen. By doing this you're only punishing the honest players who just want to kick back and have some fun.

After working my ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ off with this darn pandemic going on, I was looking forward to having a nice Sunday to enjoy some BF V but nah... I'm greeted by this pos, doesn't even bother hiding the fact that he's cheating, was making snarky comments throughout the game since he thinks he was outsmarting everyone else by cheating and getting ahead.

check out the k/d in almost every single one of the games he's played, it's ridiculous.

It's just heartbreaking to see a game I love turn into this. why is the dev team so complaisant about this issue? I mean is it cause you've already made your money, or is it cause on the rare occasion that they get banned they'd just end up buying another cd key and keep playing, which means more revenue right?
  • BlueTrollPriest
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People have said everything that needs to be said. Cheaters are prelevant and whoever tells me they are actually working on preventing cheating is either lazy, incomptent or lieing. I just uninstalled the game after giving it 100 hours. Im said to see such a big tittle down in the dirt. Regards
  • kid_n4pper
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    switch to BattleEye
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All they need to do is go to the leaderboard.

• GenCuster
    126 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    STOPchris said:
    GenCuster said:
    The self-esteem of myself would say to throw myself in a ravine before unloading cheat!
    and profound problems of not considering himself at the height of the other players.

STOPchris said:
    GenCuster said:

I didn't use the "quote" function to reply to a previous comment.
    Sorry.
    You probably missed it.
    1-Entering a game where cheats are legal ?????
    -It was in response to those who proposed to introduce the use of pre-loaded cheats in the game.
    2-The self-esteem of myself would say to throw myself in a ravine before unloading cheat!
    -Personal comment.....
    3-Playing WITHOUT cheats is a matter of pride and honor for me.
    -Enter a game and try to help the team,
    with tactics, strategy, and team logic,
    it's pride for me.
    Having good players in front of you, good in tactics, strategy and team spirit, and of course being able to beat them,
    is an honor to meet them. 4-Various articles of psychologists, reported on important newspapers that have dealt with the problem they give these motivations on the use of cheats,
    summarizing: The use of an instrument that can lead to be considered equal or better than the others (sense of inadequacy). 5-Who uses cheat is only a person with obvious self-esteem problems, and profound problems of not considering himself at the height of the other players. -Or what I had already commented on. I think the concept is clearer now ....
    P.M. if no.

• JONxJITSU
    All they need to do is go to the leaderboard.

Yep; that's the formula you just discovered to find cheaters. It's quite simple; however, DICE will never find out. For the others who are interested: Go to battlefield tracker, go to leaderboards, then by sort by Kills/Mins, and check the profiles with under 500 rounds played.
  • kid_n4pper
    People have said everything that needs to be said. Cheaters are prelevant and whoever tells me they are actually working on preventing cheating is either lazy, incomptent or lieing. I just uninstalled the game after giving it 100 hours. Im said to see such a big tittle down in the dirt. Regards
    You did the smartest thing you could do. If everyone who is unhappy with the state of the game would quit playing EA would get the hint. But go ahead, keep playing and it only shows them everything is ok.
     Crimeny, how many pages here and on reddit? How many comments from Dice/EA that they are working on anti cheat? Not many right? Now go ahead and stop playing and don't give them the satisfaction of your preorder for the next game until you see proof of them doing something about cheaters.

I mean yeah that's an option but.. people are on here complaining because they like the game and don't want to see it go to [removed]... I've been playing since the original Battlefield and a pattern I've noticed is that towards the end of their lifespans it was swarming with hackers (I suppose at this point the devs moved on to making the newer titles).. with BF V I'm starting to see that same thing happen now... It's really sad.

With proper support from the devs and constant updates this game can keep going for years.. I mean look at Rainbow Six Siege, crap game imo but the devs are supporting it and retaining their players.. something to learn from that.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @GenCuster

I think "stopchris" means that to us, your text looks like this:

• olavafar
    2170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think I saw a somewhat new development in EU this weekend. The majority of obvious rage cheaters used to have high pings (>120). We kind of assumed them to be from Asia as the cheating has been a large problem there for long (BF1, BF4 etc).

This weekend I saw the majority of cheaters having pings in the typical EU ranges (< 60). I'm still talking about obvious cheaters here, not eventual ESP cheaters with average scores. Many probably from central EU (close enough to the German servers to have pings < 20). My guess is that it is EU cheaters that has been sneaky before but now gets triggered by the Asian ones and cannot restrain themselves any more but goes full cheat mode. This development has in any case made the cheat infestation a problem magnitudes larger than before in EU as one now has problems finding relatively clean servers to play on also during evenings (at least I had).

• LOLGotYerTags
    13844 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @GenCuster

I think "stopchris" means that to us, your text looks like this:

Yeah I've no idea how he's managing to post like that or the formatting he's using but it looks terrible and more importantly unreadable for the most part.

• Magikf1ngers
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 23
    GenCuster said:

Dude, you need to fix that formatting - I'm surprised the mods haven't removed your posts formatted like this.  It's nearly impossible to read.
    Post edited by Magikf1ngers on
  • CT1924
    955 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol. Got 1 shotted by an M1A1 carbine from 100 meters today. Anticheat please.
  • evriviadis
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ea  and dice continues teling lies about anticheat sustem.They just dont care about this.But the coin has two sides.When this theater close we will not care either.Continue telling lies and fail promisies to the people and the end will be close.And for you who volunteer  enforcing the rules here you are responsible for this too.Volunteer is helping the poor doing something usefull for the society not abusing your power to people who dare to tell their opinion here.Nothing is free here.You suposed to help people here not tell  them what do you want to hear because this would not like to the people who pay you for this.Maybe its time for a real job