This is simply the best game ever made by EA.

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    (Quote)
    If you died a lot before and still do then that is your baseline and you wouldn't. I reached a stage where I didn't die much but now rarely go up against anyone in a straight up fight with bolt actions, they stutter, I stutter, the end result is the same, my shot goes wide and I get hosed. That just didn't happen when the game ran smooth.

Hate to hear that but I have very few issues with the game and it runs fine for me. Honestly I’m not sure I have ever seen stuttering in BF1.

Oh you're on console, nevermind then, this is a PC issue.
  • BADGRANDPA6969
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yup! Hands down! I haven't played BF1 in almost 500 years and went to BF 5 and stayed there for quite a while. But, out of same old same old from BF 5 ( & I played all the BF series before), I found going back to BF 1 with the new maps were beautiful and the immersion on the game, graphics, landscape, cruising around in the old tanks and planes was incredible! I had to reload on BF 1 so I stared from newbie lvl 1 but love it so far and will stay for a while! IMO, waaaayyyyyyyy better than any other BF series and especially the COD series.
  • disposalist
    8944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    (Quote)
    If you died a lot before and still do then that is your baseline and you wouldn't. I reached a stage where I didn't die much but now rarely go up against anyone in a straight up fight with bolt actions, they stutter, I stutter, the end result is the same, my shot goes wide and I get hosed. That just didn't happen when the game ran smooth.
    Hate to hear that but I have very few issues with the game and it runs fine for me. Honestly I’m not sure I have ever seen stuttering in BF1.
    I've only had it when I had latency variation issues locally or the first few days of the French DLC when they introduced a stutter to do with mission tracking.

Very rarely get stuttering otherwise.
  • SlugSniper
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Celsi_GER said:
    Sarcasm. The thread title can only be sarcasm.

• ssjsnoop
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Battlefield 1 is the best BF game of all time and will never be topped.
  • normzzzzzy
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just deleted BF V as I just have had enough of that shitshow...

And just came back today to BF1, and man did I enjoy it - So smooth and well oiled compared to BF V.
    It is IMO, not the best BF game ever (BF 2, BF1942, and BF 3 IMO were the best) But it is a damn good game in its own right, and definitely in the top 4-5 for me. Not sure if I liked BFBC2 better or not. 

Like others have mentioned, it does have its faults especially in ops, like the Muromets and the nade spam (Man I totally forgot how bad the nade spam is).  But overall, just a way more pleasurable fps experience than V, and not at all as random - Do not find myself getting killed as much by random bs or players being random places. 

On another note, coming from V, you are gonna reck in BF 1, just had 3 straight games as the top of my team and it felt easy, it is a lot more rewarding for skill plays IMO. If I am being smart and I make a good flank I am gonna get rewarded and not get shot by some rando hiding in a bush, or a Zero strafing me. 

Hear hear!

I did miss using the support class without having to go prone to ADS. The mighty parabellum lives on
  • Hercules728
    234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The sliding and the horse footsteps are so lame. It's like a real bad cartoon . 
  • NelAraby4
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    GrinddalDDG wrote: » 
    I did miss using the support class without having to go prone to ADS. The mighty parabellum lives on
    I cannot agree more. I got over 1k kills on that beast. It excels long range and in close quarters.
  • normzzzzzy
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NelAraby wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I cannot agree more. I got over 1k kills on that beast. It excels long range and in close quarters.

The thing is a pure bullet hose and excels on maps like Argonne and fort de vaux!

The Lewis gun is also massively underrated. Probably one of the best weapons for that class in my opinion.
  • CFPA_Football
    36 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PackersDK said:

I only play Ops so some, not all, my pet peeves are to be seen in that light. They may not be an issue on other modes.

Ilya Muromets
    Out of bounds Mortar Trucks
    Bayonet charge
    General explosive spam
    Terrible spawns (one thing BFV did slightly better)
    Joining completely empty servers
    Joining finished games (“0 battalions left” screen)

I could go on...

What do you hate about Ilya Muromets? For me, it feels like an albatross, it is so slow to turn around that most of the time it goes out of bounds for me. I can't see where the bombs are targeted to, so that when I drop bombs with it, I have a really hard time seeing if and where they will hit enemies. It's the opposite of a normal crosshairs and a normal mortar red dot when it comes to targeting with bombs. You basically have to fly over a target while maybe not seeing the target at the same time that you drop your bomb and also with no mark on where the bomb will fall.
  • Forkbeard84
    1847 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    What do you hate about Ilya Muromets? .....

Careful or you’ll trigger him!

(All in good fun @PackersDK ). :-)
  • PackersDK
    883 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited June 30
    (Quote)
    What do you hate about Ilya Muromets? .....

Careful or you’ll trigger him!

(All in good fun @PackersDK ). :-)

Don’t get me started. My therapist says I shouldn’t partake in any Muromets threads whatsoever. It’s bad enough I meet them ingame....

• Ronin9572
    1269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PackersDK wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Don’t get me started. My therapist says I shouldn’t partake in any Muromets threads whatsoever. It’s bad enough I meet them ingame....

Lmao! I spawned on a squad mate the other day in one. He was cursing and yelling that the plane sucked and bailed out! I took over as pilot and ppl just kept spawning on me to jump out. I haven't used the plane in sometime, but not I remember the 1st few times I tried to fly it and I was thoroughly frustrated as well!
  • PSJackman4
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is an excellent BF game. It is probably the best BF game ever!

The time period is very interesting, and the guns are very cool to use. The maps and visuals are amazing, and the campaign wasn't that bad at all! Easily the best historical shooter of all time.