Pistol Carbines need a serious buff

Synderz123
80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
They aren't good at close range, they aren't good at long range, and they still get outclassed at medium range.

They are terrible at everything.

Comments

• WalcalkhIII
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd have to disagree. After 6.2 and even before that, I've had no issues with dispensing enemies with Pistol Carbines. Also two, the whole point to them is to allow the Recon to have better mobility and to get stuck in the action with Assaults and Medics. They aren't meant to be good at long range anyways, and tbh they have a four shot up to 30m where anything full auto needs 5, and where most full autos would need 7, these are pumping out 6 BTK. 
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OP - it's a pistol!
  • NASTYNEIL357
    201 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are good for what their intended for. Only 3btk under 10m with massive magazines.
  • Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    they need the RoF of the Grease gun
  • xXHappy_PuppyXx
    195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OP - it's a pistol!

What does that have to do with any thing? All the smgs use pistol cartridges.

That's the issue with how DICE balances. It doesn't balance its damage on the caliber of the ammunition. It's some odd arbitrary formula they use. You can have the same barrel length, same ammunition and wildly diffrent damage. A good example is the LMGs like the Bar uses the same caliber of ammunition as the M1 and Springfield but does 1/3 of the damage.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They are all numbers, nothing more and nothing less. However, since the low rof smg's already are at a disadvantage currently, the even lower pistol carbines are at an all time low as far as attacking with it.
    It's all fine when connection to a server is straight on, but most of the times the server puts me further ahead in the queue, and then it becomes a struggle.
    Still, trench carbine isn't bad at all. Could be better though.
  • L3wY_9507
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They are in a good state right now, only the LMGs need a little buff.
  • WalcalkhIII
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    OP - it's a pistol!

What does that have to do with any thing? All the smgs use pistol cartridges.

That's the issue with how DICE balances. It doesn't balance its damage on the caliber of the ammunition. It's some odd arbitrary formula they use. You can have the same barrel length, same ammunition and wildly diffrent damage. A good example is the LMGs like the Bar uses the same caliber of ammunition as the M1 and Springfield but does 1/3 of the damage.
    It really isn't arbitrary. Matter of fact, plenty of video games have followed a similar balance. 
    BAR yes uses same bullet but does less damage because it is fast firing, while the M1 Garand is semi-auto (has two different damage models too depending on the specs,) and the M1903 is bolt action. It's all in the name of weapon balance. 
  • GrizzGolf
    1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They feel fine. I can wreck with them 
  • Hawxxeye
    7750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 26
    GrizzGolf said:
    They feel fine. I can wreck with them 
    The right person can wreck with anything other than the liberator. That does not mean that something is balanced to the level of everything else.
    If one is wrecking with with 350 rpm pistols it is more telling of the skill level of their enemies if anything
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1774 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They are fine. Self loading rifles on assualts on the other hand are dominating again as they are still nearly recoiless (on pc) that's the only thing I feel they need to focus on right now weapon wise. Leave the damage alone though.

• iwashighwayman
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pistol carbines re weak, if they dont want to change dmg they at least should reduce recoil
  • ChainsBongo
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    in my opinion, they should just increase the ROF a little bit, in order to give them a sligthly faster ttk