Mega Halvøy

CT1924
955 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Picture this- 200 vs 200 conquest. Either add tank specs for the Germans and British, or disable all level 5 and 6 tank specs.
Add a few flags at key locations.
60 tanks each side. 10 planes.
Fortifications can be added at a later date.
Hook 4 Firestorm servers together for the mode(no one will miss a few). Minimal work. Just disable bunker opening, and remove weapon pickups. Cars and the chopper stay. Add some transports and such at spawn.
@Braddock512 this could be the next chapter. I would buy cosmetics if this dropped.

Comments

  • MjrWalker
    138 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd love that personally. Sadly due to the problems BFV has on a technical level far across the game, I'd say it would end up being a glitchfest.

    I can see 200 level 80-300s on one team, and 200 level 0-100s on another due to the ongoing unbalanced team issue.

    Nice idea though.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    Picture this- 200 vs 200 conquest. Either add tank specs for the Germans and British, or disable all level 5 and 6 tank specs.
    Add a few flags at key locations.
    60 tanks each side. 10 planes.
    Fortifications can be added at a later date.
    Hook 4 Firestorm servers together for the mode(no one will miss a few). Minimal work. Just disable bunker opening, and remove weapon pickups. Cars and the chopper stay. Add some transports and such at spawn.
    @Braddock512 this could be the next chapter. I would buy cosmetics if this dropped.


    as much as i would enjoy that i very much doubt its gonna happen. servers can barely handle 64. and then just imagine the sheer amount of work to redo the map to work on conquest. if you want a larger scale combined warfare game may i point you towards planetside. it even is f2p
  • CT1924
    955 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

    as much as i would enjoy that i very much doubt its gonna happen. servers can barely handle 64. and then just imagine the sheer amount of work to redo the map to work on conquest. if you want a larger scale combined warfare game may i point you towards planetside. it even is f2p

    Yeah, but... battlefield. Ya know? Maybe for the next game...😭
  • WeylandYutaniCo
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield has gotten stale, more same-y stuff and trying to copy the competition. However the sad part is the competition was trying to copy YOU. I liked battlefield for the massive amount of players, vehicles and team strategy but nowadays it’s all about soft-core competitive 1v1 sniper gameplay. I’d love to see massive 200 player battles, with squadrons of bombers and tanks just laying waste to everything, but this game can’t handle it and dice won’t upgrade and evolve. Honestly, the net code would just implode with 200 people.
  • xKusagamix
    1103 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield has gotten stale, more same-y stuff and trying to copy the competition. However the sad part is the competition was trying to copy YOU. I liked battlefield for the massive amount of players, vehicles and team strategy but nowadays it’s all about soft-core competitive 1v1 sniper gameplay. I’d love to see massive 200 player battles, with squadrons of bombers and tanks just laying waste to everything, but this game can’t handle it and dice won’t upgrade and evolve. Honestly, the net code would just implode with 200 people.
    It's not that the game or DICE can't, it's because the game engine wasn't built for that kind of game. Ofcourse they can brute-force the game engine to make it happen, but sacrifices must be made, and that sacrifices are the base ideas that they came up with Frostbite engine: Destruction.

    Having the same gameplay as it is now with 200 people will require a monster of CPU process, and that isn't the thing that everyone has.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    Picture this- 200 vs 200 conquest. Either add tank specs for the Germans and British, or disable all level 5 and 6 tank specs.
    Add a few flags at key locations.
    60 tanks each side. 10 planes.
    Fortifications can be added at a later date.
    Hook 4 Firestorm servers together for the mode(no one will miss a few). Minimal work. Just disable bunker opening, and remove weapon pickups. Cars and the chopper stay. Add some transports and such at spawn.
    @Braddock512 this could be the next chapter. I would buy cosmetics if this dropped.

    Sounds great... Doesn´t work as you wont have 400 ppl worldwide playing this game at the same time on the same platform!
  • Blackidus
    327 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Or split the map up in 3-4 regular sized conquest maps? 
    Or do one really large Breakthrough map, that way you can still have 64 players on this large map but the fighting still focused on one area at the time.
  • CT1924
    955 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Blackidus wrote: »
    Or split the map up in 3-4 regular sized conquest maps? 
    Or do one really large Breakthrough map, that way you can still have 64 players on this large map but the fighting still focused on one area at the time.

    That could work much better for the time being. Halvöy breakthrough, with sectors spread out a little more. Go from the bunker beaches(use the Higgens boat), and progress inland through as many biomes as possible.
  • Tullzter
    1216 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My PS4 already sounds like an A380 powering up lol imagine the noise itll make on a 200 v 200 map
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter said:
    My PS4 already sounds like an A380 powering up lol imagine the noise itll make on a 200 v 200 map


    i reckon it would just purst into flame or commit suizide.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2525 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield has gotten stale, more same-y stuff and trying to copy the competition. However the sad part is the competition was trying to copy YOU. I liked battlefield for the massive amount of players, vehicles and team strategy but nowadays it’s all about soft-core competitive 1v1 sniper gameplay. I’d love to see massive 200 player battles, with squadrons of bombers and tanks just laying waste to everything, but this game can’t handle it and dice won’t upgrade and evolve. Honestly, the net code would just implode with 200 people.

    Yeah I just mentioned this on twitter.  Westie was hyping up a WW1 shooter of 50vs50 called Beyond the wire.  Looks like a Battlefield game.  But I said i'm kind of tired with these games with tons of players on the server like Battlefield and Battle Royale games.  I rather go back to 8vs8 1 life rounds like PS2 Socom Navy Seals with objectives and best of 9 to 11 rounds.
  • CT1924
    955 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yeah I just mentioned this on twitter.  Westie was hyping up a WW1 shooter of 50vs50 called Beyond the wire.  Looks like a Battlefield game.  But I said i'm kind of tired with these games with tons of players on the server like Battlefield and Battle Royale games.  I rather go back to 8vs8 1 life rounds like PS2 Socom Navy Seals with objectives and best of 9 to 11 rounds.

    I rather like the chais though. More players means more variables, and thus more experiences.
Sign In or Register to comment.