LMGs need a buff

2»

Comments

• firemsn
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What I WOULD like to see is the stupid "suppressed" (not really suppressed though) system they have now removed and go back to the BF4 style suppression.  I actually thought I was doing something "suppressing" someone until I was "suppressed" and still managed to shoot several people easily before dying.  I no longer ever try to go for suppression anymore.  It simply invites death.

• X_Sunslayer_X
    1293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    would prefer that SARs would get a slight nerf, alternatively all full auto weapons and pistol carbines should get their inital DMG values of 5.0 up to their max BTK restored and then past 100m an additional bullet like the SARs. giving every weapon a bot more range to combat the SARs and eachother.
  • M_Rat13
    1499 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well let's look at what is still strong to know where we need to go. Madsen is good at range, with flat BTK. Lewis is good at spray and pray with the bigger mag. BAR is powerful in CQC, but has a mode that makes it like the Madsen also. So, how do we balance other LMGs to be like these 3?
  • zenn_nme
    831 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 26
    M_Rat13 said:
    BAR has a mode that makes it like the Madsen also.
    Actually, they changed the damage value of this to be the same as the fast ROF, so now it's only slower...
    Post edited by zenn_nme on
  • bran1986
    5864 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They need to bring automatics to where they were the patch before the ttk change, and then leave SARs and SLRs alone.
  • CT1924
    955 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 wrote: »
    Well let's look at what is still strong to know where we need to go. Madsen is good at range, with flat BTK. Lewis is good at spray and pray with the bigger mag. BAR is powerful in CQC, but has a mode that makes it like the Madsen also. So, how do we balance other LMGs to be like these 3?

Madsen has a slower ttk than sar and slr.
    Lewis gun is a lewis gun. You cannot nerf 97 bullets(pls noDice, not a challenge).
    As for the bar, it has more horozontal recoil, so is fine.
    Honestly, give it all 4-6 btk, and call it a day.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2107 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bring bring back useful suppression. Not rng rubbish but blurred screen, more sway, or something so that you can't  just soak up 4 or 5 rounds and still nail some easily with a BAR.maybe just lose ADS for a short time or something. 
  • talhaONE
    682 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 26
    M_Rat13 wrote: »

Madsen hasnt got flat btk anymore. It gets 6 btk around 70 meters i dont remember its exact value.

Lewis already has high horizontal recoil for its rof.

BAR has only 20 rounds with high horizontal.

Whats your point in this comment?
  • dariarty
    98 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 27
    M_Rat13 said:
    I don't think the BAR actually is all that in CQC.

It's been bugging me why I rate the FG so much more than the BAR so I took them out on Fjell and Devastation for a fairly solid mix of distances, on Fjell and CQC on the latter.

Yes the BAR has a phenomenal rate of fire but given how iffy hit reg can be it's never possible for me to be clinical in timing how long I need to fire for and with that rate of fire and only a 20 round mag it's essential as I'll more than likely have multiple opponents.

The FG's slower rate of fire means I have less chance of wasting bullets but it's still fast enough to compete with most other CQC options.

And most essential for any CQC gun that only has 20 bullets, the reload time on the BAR is insane, far too long.

At distance the BAR does have a slower rate of fire mode, but given how powerful SAR's and SLR's now are the amount of time it takes to put someone down is largely a waste of time. 
    Whereas with AA sights on the FG I was able to put down opponents from Fjell B over to that mountain pass near A where all the Snipers camp. The FG is controllable enough to fire in pretty spectacular bursts.

I find the Madsen to also be too slow to kill at range in the current meta. So for me this LMG is largely pointless now.

The Lewis is just phenomenal.

So for me it's give the CQC LMG's more bullets per mag and buff the ranged LMG's.
  • DingoKillr
    4009 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dariarty wrote: »
    (Quote)

It's been bugging me why I rate the FG so much more than the BAR so I took them out on Fjell and Devastation for a fairly solid mix of distances, on Fjell and CQC on the latter.

Yes the BAR has a phenomenal rate of fire but given how iffy hit reg can be it's never possible for me to be clinical in timing how long I need to fire for and with that rate of fire and only a 20 round mag it's essential as I'll more than likely have multiple opponents.

The FG's slower rate of fire means I have less chance of wasting bullets but it's still fast enough to compete with most other CQC options.

And most essential for any CQC gun that only has 20 bullets, the reload time on the BAR is insane, far too long.

At distance the BAR does have a slower rate of fire mode, but given how powerful SAR's and SLR's now are the amount of time it takes to put someone down is largely a waste of time. 
    Whereas with AA sights on the FG I was able to put down opponents from Fjell B over to that mountain pass near A where all the Snipers camp. The FG is controllable enough to fire in pretty spectacular bursts.

I find the Madsen to also be too slow to kill at range in the current meta. So for me this LMG is largely pointless now.

So for me it's give the CQC LMG's more bullets per mag and buff the ranged LMG's.

This is what I am saying.
    The BAR has high ROF and high recoil thus using bullet quickly but has a slow reload. So a short range weapon that has to main issues, draw time and reload.

There are main stupid balance ideas that never get fixed.

How can STG with lower recoil, faster draw, large Mag have a quicker reload. This is why the attrition setup is bad, ammo(size and reload) to weapons role favors some to much

Another is bipod on MMG and AMR these are needed to ADS however the delay to deploy is a massive issue.

To much of BFV benefits Assault and Planes.
  • CT1924
    955 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    dariarty wrote: »
    (Quote)

This is what I am saying.
    The BAR has high ROF and high recoil thus using bullet quickly but has a slow reload. So a short range weapon that has to main issues, draw time and reload.

There are main stupid balance ideas that never get fixed.

How can STG with lower recoil, faster draw, large Mag have a quicker reload. This is why the attrition setup is bad, ammo(size and reload) to weapons role favors some to much

Another is bipod on MMG and AMR these are needed to ADS however the delay to deploy is a massive issue.

To much of BFV benefits Assault and Planes.

LS26 vs stg44 is one of the clearest examples. Just compare same rof ar and lmg.