Keeping objectives tagged, seriously FIX it!

Major_Pungspark
1508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I mean, anyone that actually been squadleader will realise that keeping objectives tagged are really horrible, I am sure most people when they taken an objective would prefer to have it tagged. When I end up as squadleader I probably die once a game trying to re tag a flag I had ZERO intention of not holding, I mean, it is like someone thought I would be neat to have the order system work against you constantly so they remember to tag objectives!

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    11542 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bf1 was the same. It removes the tag when the enemy team takes over the objective.

Annoying yes, but I have never died from it.
  • olavafar
    2170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree. This is disturbing and also I have died many times while trying to set order on a flag. Especially the situation when you set a defend order because you see enemy going there, then they start capping it and the order goes away when the flag turns. As if I now don't think I want to re-take the flag I felt so important to defend 1 minute ago.

In modes like Rush and Breakthrough it is even more annoying when you are defending and the order has to be renewed over and over and over.
  • PhantomDJ
    157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed.  This is extremely idiotic and needs to be fixed.  Sadly, its just ONE of MANY annoyances in BFV.
  • TheNewDevilry
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes it is annoying but if you give "defend" order and enemy captures the flag, you need to give a new "capture" order. Defend and Capture are two different orders no?
  • Major_Pungspark
    1508 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just noticed that I used a word in capitals in the topic, guess I will have a ban or something soon.
  • Psychopski
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Drives me absolutely insane and I do die often as squad leader having to constantly reapply the objective on the same objective several times a minute
  • TyroneLoyd
    1616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 26
    Doesn't bug me at all.
    It doesn't take more than a second ish to use the rose on pc.

Depending on the situation if they already full capped I may or may not set the attack obj . This is where game sense comes into play and your options on flanks / retakes. Maybe someone doesn't want to directly take a site with 8 people on it. I'm fine with it removing itself as it requires no time really to set.
  • olavafar
    2170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Doesn't bug me at all.
    It doesn't take more than a second ish to use the rose on pc.

Depending on the situation if they already full capped I may or may not set the attack obj . This is where game sense comes into play and your options on flanks / retakes. Maybe someone doesn't want to directly take a site with 8 people on it. I'm fine with it removing itself as it requires no time really to set.
    It is no a game breaker, I agree to that but it is still annoying and it worked well in BF4.  I do not agree on the whole game sense argument as there is no order named 'no orders at all atm because I want the sqd members to think for themselves a minute'. The second the order completes, one need to decide the next order. Just sitting down and think about it is not an option really (one will/should get an order request pretty quickly). So, either one sets the order to the old objective again (which I think should be done automatically), or one sets the order to another point (if there even is one, which is not always the case in some modes). One could of course add more 'advanced' orders like 'hide outside cap area of C until enemy leaves' but we do not have those ad one could then still select that instead of the one automatically set.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1616 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    (Quote)
    It is no a game breaker, I agree to that but it is still annoying and it worked well in BF4.  I do not agree on the whole game sense argument as there is no order named 'no orders at all atm because I want the sqd members to think for themselves a minute'. The second the order completes, one need to decide the next order. Just sitting down and think about it is not an option really (one will/should get an order request pretty quickly). So, either one sets the order to the old objective again (which I think should be done automatically), or one sets the order to another point (if there even is one, which is not always the case in some modes). One could of course add more 'advanced' orders like 'hide outside cap area of C until enemy leaves' but we do not have those ad one could then still select that instead of the one automatically set.

I don't know how you play but honestly I feel there's plenty of time.
    Def doesn't take a minute to assess a situation.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its so ridiculous. Im usually squad leaded and im fidgety... but it gets old having to re-select the same objective over and over and over. And no its not merely when the enemy takes a flag.
  • olavafar
    (Quote)

I don't know how you play but honestly I feel there's plenty of time.
    Def doesn't take a minute to assess a situation.
    Well if it does not take a minute then the less the reason is to play with no order in effect which is the whole point with having an order go away in the first place (if there even is a point). It's as if you believe the order need to be erased for you to put it on another objective but this has never been the case. At any time one can change an order. You are not new to BF though so I think you know this. The main argument you have is that it is no problem for you if you have to set the 'defend A' order 15 times during a round (where A is the only objective to defend) and that is fine by me. I think it is annoying, and you don't. Just don't drag 'game sense' into it because it is not related.

If we go personal, which we should not really, a part of my annoyance is my own fat fingers. I am VERY right handed and my left hand is not reliable... I have the rose on 'b' due to a long history of keybinding I will spare you. Often enough when going for 'b' I hit (also or only) 'v' or 'g'. 'v' silently puts many automatic weapons in single fire and my next gunfight will be a surprise. 'g' will throw a grenade, or, if I'm in a tank or plane, make me exit the vehicle. So, for me, having to set the objective is annoying enough in itself. Doing it while in a dogfight or just generally being busy inside an objective area will sometimes end up in a minor disaster but that is just me being bad at multitasking.
  • PuckersMcColon
    113 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't see a problem with it automatically transitioning from defend to attack and vice versa. Maybe an option to toggle it off for those that want to be more hands on.
  • TyroneLoyd
    (Quote)
    Well if it does not take a minute then the less the reason is to play with no order in effect which is the whole point with having an order go away in the first place (if there even is a point). It's as if you believe the order need to be erased for you to put it on another objective but this has never been the case. At any time one can change an order. You are not new to BF though so I think you know this. The main argument you have is that it is no problem for you if you have to set the 'defend A' order 15 times during a round (where A is the only objective to defend) and that is fine by me. I think it is annoying, and you don't. Just don't drag 'game sense' into it because it is not related.

If we go personal, which we should not really, a part of my annoyance is my own fat fingers. I am VERY right handed and my left hand is not reliable... I have the rose on 'b' due to a long history of keybinding I will spare you. Often enough when going for 'b' I hit (also or only) 'v' or 'g'. 'v' silently puts many automatic weapons in single fire and my next gunfight will be a surprise. 'g' will throw a grenade, or, if I'm in a tank or plane, make me exit the vehicle. So, for me, having to set the objective is annoying enough in itself. Doing it while in a dogfight or just generally being busy inside an objective area will sometimes end up in a minor disaster but that is just me being bad at multitasking.

Negative I just believe it's such a minute task that it really doesn't matter. I don't change keybinding so holding q and pulling is all I do. (I also have large hands). Usually when it unbinds from the objective it gives me a mental note that hey something is up at "A" . Then I decide if I want to take it (or take an adjacent site) etc. You may think it's an annoyance but I use it as a indicator (part of my game sense) thats all I'm getting at. I'm not making it personal at all but we just differ in the methods we use. No biggie.
  • VOLBANKER
    1437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 26
    Maybe DICE could add it so as a squad leader, you can mouse click on any one of the flags in the top of the screen in order to set defend/attack objective?

EDIT: Then you wouldn’t have to fiddle around with keys on the keyboard at all, I mean
  • TyroneLoyd
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    Maybe DICE could add it so as a squad leader, you can mouse click on any one of the flags in the top of the screen in order to set defend/attack objective?

EDIT: Then you wouldn’t have to fiddle around with keys on the keyboard at all, I mean
    Would be cool to see q pings on the spawn screen before jumping in. You can see enemy movement though very tiny.
  • olavafar
    VOLBANKER said:

I assume you mean that this is done in spawn screen. I think it is a great idea. It would be like being BF4 commander for your squad (while anyway waiting for the spawn timer).
    While at it, they should also bring back the number of squads targeting a specific objective. I think that was at least some help when setting orders and avoiding that the whole team zergs home to take the A flag, just to lose all the others.
  • Major_Pungspark
    There are so much stuff missing, than just some stupid flag that needs to be tagged over and over again even though there still is fighting there.

I mean a basic thing as showing what objectives different squads have set would be nice.

• VOLBANKER
    1437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar said:
    VOLBANKER said:

I assume you mean that this is done in spawn screen. I think it is a great idea. It would be like being BF4 commander for your squad (while anyway waiting for the spawn timer).
    While at it, they should also bring back the number of squads targeting a specific objective. I think that was at least some help when setting orders and avoiding that the whole team zergs home to take the A flag, just to lose all the others.
    Thanks. Well, it would be nice to be able to use it in-game also, not just in the spawn screen. Number of squads targeting a specific objective would be great.