Dice, fix this dumb kill farming by planes

Comments

• trip1ex
    5098 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    @trip1ex

Are we playing the same game at all? Tanks are very visible on Solomon and Hamada, and what’s that about “half the time you don’t notice the planes” (on Fjell) - are you kidding me?
    There's only a ~2 tanks on those  maps and on Fjell, over half the time your air dominant or each team's air is occupied with each other.    
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall said:
    (Quote)
    It didn't go over my head,  it just proved my point on how anti AA measures aren't employed often enough because they are a chore. What is "you guys"? I  haven't written anything that I was backing all the reasons someone else put down regarding SAA.

What's up with putting "fun" in quotations? Or do you seriously believe a majority likes doing what you did?

It didn't prove your point, because your point is a subjective gripe. You dictate neither what is fun/enjoyable nor the reason as to why any given player doesn't want to hop on an AA gun. That's why I put fun in quotations, because what is fun and enjoyable to you or not is not some universally accepted and practiced standard. You literally just expressed a subjective opinion about the enjoyability of something in the game and then blindly and baselessly applied your opinions to the entire playerbase.

You say you get my point and laughably insist it proves yours, yet you sit here and say some asinine BS like "do you seriously believe a majority likes doing what you did?"

For the second time - I couldn't give a damn whether you think somethings fun, whether your mom thinks something is fun, whether your neighbor thinks something is fun, whether a random cashier at a grocery store thinks something is fun, or whether any random BF player across the entire globe thinks something is fun.

That was NOT the point I made with my posts and you're acting like it is, repeatedly. My point was that AA guns are capable of their role. I expressed this in a damn thread wherein the discussion ACTUALLY PERTAINED to the balance and capability of SAAs in this game.

But tell me this - since you seem obsessed with stats and shifting the subject to subjective whim - do you REALLY think everyone else thinks it's fun to run around wildly from obj to obj sweating your rear end off trying to achieve a higher KD, KPM, and SPM like you do, in a game where the vast majority of players barely maintain a 1kd and 300spm? Do you actually believe you're the herald of what people do or don't enjoy in these games? Or are you just making blind assumptions while straw-manning by insisting that I'm making assumptions about a topic I blatantly haven't even been talking about and already told you had nothing to do with the posts I made?
     Most people don't want to baby sit on the SAA, and stare at the sky because it isn't FUN. People would much rather be more involved with taking objectives, and it just so happens land based vehicles, and enemy infantry, are streamlined into that process. Really isn't that hard to surmise. You can't even get two randoms to equip FF, because everyone expects the other to do it.

Hmmmmmmmm interesting I wonder why that is?

Also my stats would be WAY higher if I cared about them, don't confuse my higher standards as an obsession. And sweating off my rear end? Trying to achieve greater heights? Being a herald? I'm debating on taking on this persona you conjured up if it takes 50% of the fluff out of your responses.

Btw since your taking requests. I want 10 planes shot down, a burger and a chocolate milkshake thanks.

• Loqtrall
    12279 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    (Quote)
     Most people don't want to baby sit on the SAA, and stare at the sky because it isn't FUN. People would much rather be more involved with taking objectives, and it just so happens land based vehicles, and enemy infantry, are streamlined into that process. Really isn't that hard to surmise. You can't even get two randoms to equip FF, because everyone expects the other to do it.

Also my stats would be WAY higher if I cared about them, don't confuse my higher standards as an obsession. And sweating off my rear end? Trying to achieve greater heights? Being a herald? I'm debating on taking on this persona you conjured up if it takes 50% of the fluff out of your responses.

Btw since your taking requests. I want 10 planes shot down, a burger and a chocolate milkshake thanks.

How many times does it have to be clarified that the discussion at hand and all of my posts have nothing to do with whether or not people think something is fun. It has nothing to do with people wanting to run around chasing objs and thinking that's fun. It has nothing to do with how you or anyone else desires to play the game based on your own subjective and ever changing standards of what constitutes fun.

Does it have to be posted in all caps, bolded, italicized, underlined, and read through a magnifying glass for you to realize that posting "people don't utilize SAA because it's not fun" is completely moot and doesn't pertain to the discussion at hand at all?

Can you even remotely point out to me at one point in this entire thread where even one person even uttered the words that sitting in an SAA is an outwardly fun role to dedicate yourself to? Did you literally just bring it up out of nowhere for absolutely no reason whatsoever?

And sorry to think you're obsessed with stats if you're not, but this is the second time in a row you've had a back and forth with me where in your initial post, YOU brought up stats as the brunt of your point. You sarcastically posted about how sitting in an SAA couldn't be fun most players and SPECIFICALLY listed low achieved stats as the reason why it's considered not fun. As we've had the back and forth and I pointed that out, now you've shifted goal posts to "people would rather be involved in taking objs" and insist again that you don't actually care about stats despite bringing them up every time we have a conversation.

I don't know if it's apparent to you, but after that it reeeeeeaaaaaallllllly seems like you've got a thing for stats. Posting links to a 3rd party BF stats site for 2 different BF games in your sig doesn't do any favors for you in that regard. But then again, I'd go out on a limb and assume you'd claim you did that for transparency or some other weird reason.

If it's not obsession then it seems you just enjoy bringing up your "higher standards" even if the conversation doesn't even directly pertain to it. And sorry to break it to you, but you're already taking on that persona - you've literally posted in response bringing up subjective fun where it wasn't even the topic of discussion, directly and specifically referencing low stats as to why people don't "do what I do", and have consistently made baseless claims about what most of the playerbase likes or dislikes based solely on your own personal opinion and experience (that herald thing I was talking about).

We can keep going back and forth like this if you really want to. I honestly don't care about this glorified elementary school playground of a forum or the fact you've been dragging this thread off topic into a nonsense discussion about what qualifies as subjectively "fun" for completely random people on a forum with a micro-handful of active users. But you're not making any points here toward the discussion and you've disproven or retorted nothing I've actually said on the topic or the evidence I've posted pertaining to the actual topic of discussion.

You can keep spamming "people don't use SAA because it isn't fun" in response to me until the cows come home and the sun implodes - but it doesn't magically make that BS what the topic and my posts are actually about.

I mean, Ffs - this is like a small number of people standing in a group outside a Sports Bar talking about the sport of golf and what clubs are the best at their intended job or not - and you're off beside the group intermittently yelling "The majority of people don't play golf because it's boring" - like it means or proves something pertaining to the actual discussion being had.
  • tagestass
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Time is ticking on and still nothing done bout this problem in the game.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess some people don´t really understand that most people play games because it is fun......fun != sitting on a kind of sucky AA waiting for a damaged plane to pass at, until they get bombed by some really OP rockets or a bomb. 
  • BeastofBourbon84
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Big brain time.
    If everyone whould do his part in a 32 player team and for example man the aa when a teammate got shot out of it a single player like loqtrall wouldnt have to do it all round long.

But no "I want to just do whatever I find fun atm. Planes shouldn't exist at all because they kill my fun.
    What's this? A launcher that does 90 dmg in one burst? Still not worth it cause I can't spam it at infantry".
  • Psychopski
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    “But muh easy mode 63-0 kills” will say the fly boys calling you “lazy” and a “scrub” because you don’t spend 10 minutes and 10 deaths on a stationary AA gun to get one enemy plane shot down.

Meanwhile a single pilot kills 10 infantry per pass with about 10 seconds of effort.

• EXILE157
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been released after a month from forum prison... They need to make it harder for pilots, they are snipers in the air! So stupid giving them Flares and so much Power!... It's so unbalanced it's like the AA on BF4. I get hit one time by Airplane and my Tank is done! I mean I set up the tank heavy and still Tank's are so weak in BFV it's like a feather, plus Tank's easily flips on its side???

All Anti-Air Weapons are so weak against Airplane in BFV, it literally does nothing, you're wasting your time gaming running around thinking you can take it down, t's just ridiculous how these creators think. They don't use "real world" online service gaming and see for themselves how horrible the experience really is, let's not forget the cheating that continues and doesn't help with the situation.

WHEN ARE WE GETTING INDEPENDENT SERVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • EXILE157
    283 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:
     It's more so the fact that using a plane takes barely any skill at all. 
    Stopped reading here.

IE "I'm unable to look at other peoples arguments in a discussion and will accept nothing but people who share the same view as me"
    It has nothing to do with arguments or views ... but facts.

Flying a plane is NOT as easy as some make it look and it takes some skill.
    Have seen more than enough "pilots" that instantly crash at take off or make less than 15 kills in a whole round with a plane with bombs.

Or that get shot down before they have even made one bomb run.
    I'm serious - Please let me know what servers you go into because every other server I go there always 1-2 pilots that go 60-70-80-100-120 Kills and 0 Deaths!
  • EXILE157
    “But muh easy mode 63-0 kills” will say the fly boys calling you “lazy” and a “scrub” because you don’t spend 10 minutes and 10 deaths on a stationary AA gun to get one enemy plane shot down.

Meanwhile a single pilot kills 10 infantry per pass with about 10 seconds of effort.

Agree!... They know it, they abuse it and will defend it saying it ain't easy, trying to use Jedi mind tricks. All Anit-Air Weapons are useless in this game. They can kill you way before you even hear or know there's an airplane in your sight, EA/DICE created a new breed of flying snipers.
  • EXILE157
    We're already going through stupid Flares exposing troops position which is stupid!!! and then Powerful Unstopple Airplanes with Flares?!... Since when can Flares expose anything? Why couldn't they use that for nightshift to light up the area and leave the Sniper Spotting Scope for that?
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall said:
    (Quote)

How many times does it have to be clarified that the discussion at hand and all of my posts have nothing to do with whether or not people think something is fun. It has nothing to do with people wanting to run around chasing objs and thinking that's fun. It has nothing to do with how you or anyone else desires to play the game based on your own subjective and ever changing standards of what constitutes fun.

Does it have to be posted in all caps, bolded, italicized, underlined, and read through a magnifying glass for you to realize that posting "people don't utilize SAA because it's not fun" is completely moot and doesn't pertain to the discussion at hand at all?

Can you even remotely point out to me at one point in this entire thread where even one person even uttered the words that sitting in an SAA is an outwardly fun role to dedicate yourself to? Did you literally just bring it up out of nowhere for absolutely no reason whatsoever?

And sorry to think you're obsessed with stats if you're not, but this is the second time in a row you've had a back and forth with me where in your initial post, YOU brought up stats as the brunt of your point. You sarcastically posted about how sitting in an SAA couldn't be fun most players and SPECIFICALLY listed low achieved stats as the reason why it's considered not fun. As we've had the back and forth and I pointed that out, now you've shifted goal posts to "people would rather be involved in taking objs" and insist again that you don't actually care about stats despite bringing them up every time we have a conversation.

I don't know if it's apparent to you, but after that it reeeeeeaaaaaallllllly seems like you've got a thing for stats. Posting links to a 3rd party BF stats site for 2 different BF games in your sig doesn't do any favors for you in that regard. But then again, I'd go out on a limb and assume you'd claim you did that for transparency or some other weird reason.

If it's not obsession then it seems you just enjoy bringing up your "higher standards" even if the conversation doesn't even directly pertain to it. And sorry to break it to you, but you're already taking on that persona - you've literally posted in response bringing up subjective fun where it wasn't even the topic of discussion, directly and specifically referencing low stats as to why people don't "do what I do", and have consistently made baseless claims about what most of the playerbase likes or dislikes based solely on your own personal opinion and experience (that herald thing I was talking about).

We can keep going back and forth like this if you really want to. I honestly don't care about this glorified elementary school playground of a forum or the fact you've been dragging this thread off topic into a nonsense discussion about what qualifies as subjectively "fun" for completely random people on a forum with a micro-handful of active users. But you're not making any points here toward the discussion and you've disproven or retorted nothing I've actually said on the topic or the evidence I've posted pertaining to the actual topic of discussion.

You can keep spamming "people don't use SAA because it isn't fun" in response to me until the cows come home and the sun implodes - but it doesn't magically make that BS what the topic and my posts are actually about.

I mean, Ffs - this is like a small number of people standing in a group outside a Sports Bar talking about the sport of golf and what clubs are the best at their intended job or not - and you're off beside the group intermittently yelling "The majority of people don't play golf because it's boring" - like it means or proves something pertaining to the actual discussion being had.
      I couldn't have possibly derailed the thread because the subject is literally discussing the perceived imbalance of anything to do with planes. Another thing, if you have in fact concluded that SAA is not underpowered, but that it's player problem, which you have stated multiple times, then that invites another sub topic advancing the discussion on WHY it's a player problem. Nothing needs to be bolded, capitalized, or magnified...for me, you on other hand yes, on your own posts actually. You can probably use some of your drool on the screen to magnify the text to help you follow the discussion in which you are directing.

Also, Loqall, this actually isn't the second time at all, because there wasn't a first time. You brought up my stats the first time (with ease mind you, no need to thank me, transparency is weird I know),  0 kills with STG44,  etc? Now you bring it up again, talking about decent this, decent that, but of course I'm out of bounds when I say it isn't "decent" when you have 4 objective captures or defends in a 25 min round of conquest lol.

Every retort you make increases exponentially in size. No question this page will face an unprecedented crisis in scrolling if we continue to interact directly for much longer.

• Major_Pungspark
    1507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I thought it was obvious how Bf V is setup.

Tanks are almost immortal to infantry, at-weapons do horrible damage now.
    Tanks can really farm infantry.
    Tanks can be destroyed by other tanks
    Tanks gets destroyed by planes a lot
    Planes annihilate everything

So what do you get when one side have better pilots?
    One side will barely have tanks because they are farmed by planes.
    One sides infantry will hilariously farmed, because they will be fighting tanks all the time, and killed from above.

Using an AA is not really fun, ever, and they certainly didn´t make any kind of protection bubble around them, hello rockets, hello high altitude bomber, even hello turret mg.

• DukeSan27
    1251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I thought it was obvious how Bf V is setup.

Tanks are almost immortal to infantry, at-weapons do horrible damage now.
    Tanks can really farm infantry.
    Tanks can be destroyed by other tanks
    Tanks gets destroyed by planes a lot
    Planes annihilate everything

So what do you get when one side have better pilots?
    One side will barely have tanks because they are farmed by planes.
    One sides infantry will hilariously farmed, because they will be fighting tanks all the time, and killed from above.

Using an AA is not really fun, ever, and they certainly didn´t make any kind of protection bubble around them, hello rockets, hello high altitude bomber, even hello turret mg.

While Tank v Infantry "imortality" can be debated, there is the MAA Tank to break this cycle. 

But unfortunately its pretty bad at taking down Planes, its supposed primary capability. 

So while sitting on SAA is not fun, and should not be expected, an effective MAA should be a viable option, as you can move around and try do other stuff.
  • NLBartmaN
    4309 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EXILE157 said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    Stopped reading here.

IE "I'm unable to look at other peoples arguments in a discussion and will accept nothing but people who share the same view as me"

Have seen more than enough "pilots" that instantly crash at take off or make less than 15 kills in a whole round with a plane with bombs.

I'm serious - Please let me know what servers you go into because every other server I go there always 1-2 pilots that go 60-70-80-100-120 Kills and 0 Deaths!
    Please show me, you doing 5 rounds in a row, with a Corsair with more than 100 kills and 0 deaths in a round after the last patch  :D

There might be 5 pilots on ALL platforms that are capable of doing just 1 round on the Pacific with such a score AFTER the last patch.
  • cash_m0n3y_08
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No matter when you slide thru the forums there's always at least one thread on the front page about OP pilots, and its always from people who have NEVER flown before. They claim about all these pilots going 50-0 when its actually quite rare. They claim planes are OP and easy to use, yet if they tried a go at flying they wouldn't even be able to get a kill, even if they had a plane leveled up right off the start. 

-CASH IS SAVAGE 
  • SirBobdk
    4755 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    EXILE157 said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    Stopped reading here.

Please show me, you doing 5 rounds in a row, with a Corsair with more than 100 kills and 0 deaths in a round after the last patch  :D

There might be 5 pilots on ALL platforms that are capable of doing just 1 round on the Pacific with such a score AFTER the last patch.

And less than 10 before the patch
  • HK_Fallen_FR
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's clear cheat.

Since pacific maps it's totally unfair and unplayable to attack when there are planes.

I consider myself as a good pilot but it's totally impossible to win in the air when you're attacking. I don't know why but when I take an anti air plane, go for one, shoot him 6 anti air rockets and shoot him with 6 machines guns several times and the guy never die.

You know, that famous guy with 50-1 at the end of the match. With his famous virtual friend everytime coming to help him when i'm behind...

So yeah pacific maps are totally unbalanced and I suspect so much cheat in the air too... They must have something like 300% armor + wallhack...

They must buff these planes or give attackers the choice of an anti air tank, that help a lot.
  • VOLBANKER
    1437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @cash_m0n3y_08

That is a far too simplistic recap of the debate about planes and AA.
  • Major_Pungspark
    SirBobdk said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    EXILE157 said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    NLBartmaN said:
    Stopped reading here.

And less than 10 before the patch
    No one cares if there was 5 or 10 that could go 100-0, the problem is way to many do hilarious numbers that really sucked the fun out of the game for everyone else.