Buff bolt-action rifles. They are toy BB guns.

Sgt_Dogo
23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited April 2
Please buff bolt action rifle damage or make a class of rifles that can't be used with a sniper scope if people want to cry about balance and make them 1 shot chest shots as they should be. The current bolt-actions are like shooting toy BB guns, it's pretty tragic to hit someone 3 times with a bolt action to kill them and it's the main reason why I rarely play this game over Post Scriptum and similar games is the garbage bolt-actions. Please buff them.

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    3655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just want the bolt animations to be fixed so the front of the gun doesn't obscure the target when working the bolt when using iron sights.
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sniper rifles are more overpowered than ever in this game. 
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf1 *cough* *cough*
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    Bf1 *cough* *cough*
    Sweetspot is at an equally cancer level than snipers without supression.  🦆
  • heresPaul
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wouldn’t mind this as I think they’re rubbish but I think it’s more because I’m rubbish as I get 1 shot killed by them a lot so...I do wish I could shoot people through cover though like everyone else seems to :D
  • CT1924
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sgt_Dogo said:
    Please buff bolt action rifle damage or make a class of rifles that can't be used with a sniper scope if people want to cry about balance and make them 1 shot chest shots as they should be. The current bolt-actions are like shooting toy BB guns, it's pretty tragic to hit someone 3 times with a bolt action to kill them and it's the main reason why I rarely play this game over Post Scriptum and similar games is the garbage bolt-actions. Please buff them.
    Panzerbusche, but with the proper accents.
  • Magikf1ngers
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't see any reason to buff them.  Sniper rifles do a ton of damage when you score a good hit, and that's how a sniper works.  One clean shot - then move off to a new location.  The abuse of the sniper class in this game is rampant.  I get so tired of joining a game only to be put on the losing side, and having half the team snipers, and most of them camping and shooting from our own spawn.  (That's also the exact same complaint I have about the way most seem to play armor)

I don't have the patience to play sniper often, so I don't.  Mostly just to get the daily assignments.  I just don't see a reason to buff them when they fill their niche and people don't understand what that niche is.
  • Sgt_Dogo
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2
    InS_Hypno said:
    Learn to aim or go play post scriptum
    My aim is fine, better than average i'd say as I play a lot of rifle based games like Verdun, Tannenberg, Post Scriptum, Hell Let Loose and they all have better rifle mechanics. It's just a shame they get so neglected in BFV.
  • Sgt_Dogo
    I don't see any reason to buff them.  Sniper rifles do a ton of damage when you score a good hit, and that's how a sniper works.  One clean shot - then move off to a new location.  The abuse of the sniper class in this game is rampant.  I get so tired of joining a game only to be put on the losing side, and having half the team snipers, and most of them camping and shooting from our own spawn.  (That's also the exact same complaint I have about the way most seem to play armor)

I don't have the patience to play sniper often, so I don't.  Mostly just to get the daily assignments.  I just don't see a reason to buff them when they fill their niche and people don't understand what that niche is.
    I'm not at all saying "buff snipers". I think there should be a class of infantry bolt-actions that don't use sniper scopes that can actually be competitive against all the automatic rifles and shotguns that dominate the game. We need some love for the infantry riflemen as it's a WW2 game after all. Rifles were the weapons of WW2, every soldier didn't run around with shotguns and assault rifles like in this game.
  • The_BERG_366
    2781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    which just mean that they are better than bad now :joy:
  • Terminator000001
    (Quote)

They were already before the velocity buff. Alone from not getting supressed like in previous titles made them much stronger.
  • OoTh3z4cKoO
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 3
    1 hit body shot kill would just ruin the game , if you want to compete on the range of shotgun and smg use the semiautomatic , otherwise with bolt action use the range at your advantage and the flare to have a better position over the enemy
  • DingoKillr
    4352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 3
    (Quote)

They were already before the velocity buff. Alone from not getting supressed like in previous titles made them much stronger.

Stick to your planes then.

BFV are not stronger or better than past even with new velocity.

BF3/4 had quickdraw ability compared to current and they had a 12 to 15m sweet spot.
    BF1 rifle where fine with how quick a body shot could heal.
    /s BFV is so super op /s off. Higher drag and low velocity indicates that rifles should be used at below 100m. However low ADS damage, high hipfire spread, ROF and draw times makes that difficult to do.

What did DICE do to make them so called OP now buffed velocity for better range on targets and add snap-to for controllers.

SAR where and are more OP, yet any to changes BA cause Victoria falls to run.

Then the rest of option get even more stupid.
    AMR bipod only, with massive spread and slow draw time all you can do is camp.
    SLR are so niche your better playing either a BA or PC.
    PC my only complaint is the distance TTK is not good, either BTK or ROF needs changing.
    Post edited by DingoKillr on
  • talhaONE
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Supression is non existent against every gun in game not just snipers.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    (Quote)

Supression is non existent against every gun in game not just snipers.
    It's a post from a typical support camper who can't supress and spray sniper across the map with MMG. That's it.
  • talhaONE
    (Quote)
    It's a post from a typical support camper who can't supress and spray sniper across the map with MMG. That's it.
    Who said Im complaining about the lack of supression effect? Im just stating a fact not complaining. Learn the difference.
  • The_BERG_366
    2781 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

not really. worst damage model in bf history (or at least since bad company), bad bullet velocity and a variety of guns in other classes that challenge them heavily on long range. snipers were at their weakest in this game when it first came out. 
    lack or suppression effects benefited all classes ranged effectiveness not just the sniper rifles. altough sniper rifles benefit the most (as they also suffer the hardest from it) this change wasn't able to compensate for all the other aspects that got worse, as well as the ranged effectivness of other guns, especially dmrs. 
  • bigiain
    388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The bolt actions are in an odd place. It seems more difficult than ever to hit a moving target and the spotting notification is a big nerf to the spotting scope/bolt action combo. Going back to one shot torso kills at mid distance though would see them absolutely explode in popularity and make the game's problems with static play even worse than it already is. Every K/D obsessed flag ignorer in the game would be lying down with one.
  • Killerplautze5XL
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bolt-action rifles are weaker than in any other previous title of this franchise even tho they got buffed in terms of their bullet velocities in the latest patch. However despite of this it is much easier going on huge kill streaks with any other class in the game to be honest. I think that those guns were initally balanced in a way where health attrition was really a thing and people often ran around without full health. However since almost everyone is on full health most of the time and there is an additional healing pouch in the inventory nowadys players can often tank one body-hit from a bolt-action rifles easily.

I would already be glad if my work as scout would be appreciated more by giving me more often an "assists counts as kill". It just feels unrewarding dealing the major part of the damage to an enemy and not even get an assist counts as kill. I mean a lot of rifles do not even deal enough damage with a body hit in order to make an "assist counts as kill" possible. But even with the heavy-hitters like the M.95, Kar98 or the Type 99 most of the time you will not receive an assist counts as kill because as soon as someone uses their healing pouch (even if only healing only 3 health points) it does not count any more. An "assist counts as kill" is one of the rarest things I see in this game and I honestly think that it has to be reworked. How often have I dealt 80+ damage to someone that was then snacked by a friendly without any credits given to me who did most of the work tho.

I mean I do not expect much any more at this point but it would definitely be a wonderful thing if the game would reward me for weakening enemies more, especially if they get eliminated by friendlies then.