[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JCap334 said:
    it's truly a shame and a let down that the devs are turning a blind eye to this issue.
    I couldn't agree more. I've seen more blatant aimbotting in this game than all other games I've played in my life combined... tenfold! And I'm talking about lewis gun instant head shots across the map aimbotting, not skilled players. DICE better step it up for the next BF game, but I'm sure because of this fiasco, their sales numbers will suffer.
    I guess you werent around when the aimbooters ran rampant for months totally making the game unplayable in Bf4, I mean, that was hidous amounts....lol...
  • OskooI_007
    1355 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 3
    (Quote)
    This is what my point was around page 80+ somewhere, this dude arent cheating, if he where he would be a really bad one. I got better overall stats then him and I get called a cheater multiply times per day when me and my friends play... I even seen some of them complain that day here on the forums that they meeting cheaters, players need to start to understand whos acually cheating and whos not becuse so many goes on stats and some players just becuse they die fast from someone with probally better aim and reaction time then their self "THEY are cheating".

Is there a cheat problem in BF? Yeah kinda, is it as big as some of you think? Nope not at all BUT Dice/EA should take more action to those who acually cheats but players giving them a hard job on that by reporting profiles etc that dosent cheat. The blame is not only on the devs, its on the playerbase aswell who pointing on everyone who are better then themselfs.

Dude has 11,198 kills. 6,278 of those kills are headshots. I believe that's a 56% headshot ratio. I'd say there's a high probability that he's cheating.

PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X can't get here soon enough.
  • losthunter340
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    losthunter340 has definitely not seen /r/gamingnameandshame
    I guess as the saying goes, ignorance is bliss

I guess I am a cheater too then for beeing so ignorance that I got some better stats then someone claim is cheating! Bad me!!! :smile:
    (Quote)
    This is what my point was around page 80+ somewhere, this dude arent cheating, if he where he would be a really bad one. I got better overall stats then him and I get called a cheater multiply times per day when me and my friends play... I even seen some of them complain that day here on the forums that they meeting cheaters, players need to start to understand whos acually cheating and whos not becuse so many goes on stats and some players just becuse they die fast from someone with probally better aim and reaction time then their self "THEY are cheating".

Is there a cheat problem in BF? Yeah kinda, is it as big as some of you think? Nope not at all BUT Dice/EA should take more action to those who acually cheats but players giving them a hard job on that by reporting profiles etc that dosent cheat. The blame is not only on the devs, its on the playerbase aswell who pointing on everyone who are better then themselfs.

He is a cheater but clearly not a permanent one. Look at the kills graph slightly down the page, he had one magical day.

Do you know witch day? I was looking around on some rounds but dident find the match I think you refering too and becuse the site is loading abit slow for me I dont wanna sit around looking for hes name in all hes games.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1138 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Do you know witch day? I was looking around on some rounds but dident find the match I think you refering too and becuse the site is loading abit slow for me I dont wanna sit around looking for hes name in all hes games.

27 march I think.

As I said look at the graph that shows kills per day and work out what sort of kpm you need to get that number of kills. Adderall probably wouldn't be enough.

• KrullBorg
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    stay at home as dice says... playing with so many cheaters is very fun
  • ChazB1987
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yea right! Enjoyed gaming at times to a point like that, then I stop playing, been tryin to find a good group to team up, that maybe one reason, they watch there backs.
  • pajsner
    114 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KrullBorg said:
    stay at home as dice says... playing with so many cheaters is very fun

haha, so true
  • xHonest_Abe
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recently, more YouTube videos are showing what the new Xbox series X looks like inside and video quality. Only a few more months and it will be out. <3 You can buy an oversized game controller for it, too. They have added a few things inside the console and the picture quality is way ahead of the old xbox. As long as they don't connect to our Battlefield PC servers, who would want to play battlefield on a PC. You would think Microsoft would have a better solution to rid hackers than EA.
  • EXILE157
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JCap334 said:
    it's truly a shame and a let down that the devs are turning a blind eye to this issue.
    I couldn't agree more. I've seen more blatant aimbotting in this game than all other games I've played in my life combined... tenfold! And I'm talking about lewis gun instant head shots across the map aimbotting, not skilled players. DICE better step it up for the next BF game, but I'm sure because of this fiasco, their sales numbers will suffer.
    I guess you werent around when the aimbooters ran rampant for months totally making the game unplayable in Bf4, I mean, that was hidous amounts....lol...
    Don't give out false information now... I have all BF Series and played them all, yes there were cheaters on BF4 like every other chapter, but we had control compared to BFV where we don't have at all... BF4 got worse with cheaters/hackers as you say "aimbooters" towards the end of  BF4, EA/DICE were practically giving away BF4 accounts for free!!!... EA/DICE went into BF Hardline and then BF1 which became their major priority, that's when we lost BF4 and they didn't care to look back just like previous BF games, history shows it... 

- BFV has No Anti-Cheat System, No Balanced, No Vote Maps and No Vote Kick. You only get 2 Options: (Shut Up and Take it ) or (Leave the Game).
    >>> That's Why We Need >>> ((INDEPENDENT SERVERS)) >>> So We Can Take Back Control Of Our Gaming Experience. <<<

We're in 2020 now! You expect EA/DICE to have things in order a long time ago! especially with these specific titles, we're talking about a ((MultiBillion Dollar Company!))  BFV has been the worse BF game launch to this day! 

• LOLGotYerTags
    14497 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    EXILE157 said:
     BFV has been the worse BF game launch to this day! 
    You must not have been around for BF4's launch then,   That had a bug on siege that crashed the entire client to the desktop as soon as the central building was destroyed.
  • EXILE157
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EXILE157 said:
    You must not have been around for BF4's launch then,   That had a bug on siege that crashed the entire client to the desktop as soon as the central building was destroyed.
    Please, that Levolution Feature that was added to BF4 was just temporary on that specific map and that doesn't justify all the bs that everyone is going through today 4/3/2020 on BFV.

I've been around and actually tested all BF games because that's what we are, real TESTERS. All you haven't been around actually gaming on any BF Series compared to us loyal customers.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14497 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    EXILE157 said:
    EXILE157 said:
    Please, that Levolution Feature that was added to BF4 was just temporary on that specific map and that doesn't justify all the bs that everyone is going through today 4/3/2020 on BFV.

I've been around and actually tested all BF games because that's what we are, real TESTERS. All you haven't been around actually gaming on any BF Series compared to us loyal customers.

Mods can be loyal customers too,  you know.

I have : 
    • Bad  company 2
    • BF1942 and expansions 
    • BF2
    • BF3
    • BF4
    • BF hardline
    • BF1
    • BFV.
    And yes I've spent a good deal of hours on them all with the exception of hardline.

• GenCuster
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Last night another attempt...
    And here’s the surprise!
    the server I entered, and the team I joined,
    there was a player tagged [DICE] ,
    There were no blatants cheaters, and even the closet cheaters,
    were very quiet.... A GREAT match.
    He never called anyone back, he played a great game, quietly.
    This shows that with the slightest commitment of "presence" things can improve significantly.
    Tnx DICE.

• Carbonic
    1964 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited April 4
    EXILE157 said:
    EXILE157 said:

Mods can be loyal customers too,  you know.

I have : 
    • Bad  company 2
    • BF1942 and expansions 
    • BF2
    • BF3
    • BF4
    • BF hardline
    • BF1
    • BFV.
    And yes I've spent a good deal of hours on them all with the exception of hardline.

I've played everything Battlefield on PC since the demo of 1942. From memory that would add the following to that list:
    • BF3 DLC packs
    • BF4 DLC packs
    • BF Hardline DLC packs
    • BF1 DLC packs
    • BF Vietnam
    • Bad Company 2: Vietnam
    • BF 2 expansions
    • BF 2142 + expansion
    • BF Heroes
    • BF Play4free
    #Flex

Also, "Levelution" was a main feature and one of the selling points of BF4 and it featured on most, if not all, of the maps in one way or another. There was the gaspipes on Dawnbreaker that when activated blew up a road and a bridge. Golmud Railway had a moving spawnpoint and huge explosives around the map. Flood Zone could be flooded. Lancang Dam could have its dam destroyed and you could raise anti vehicle things from the ground. In Locker you could demolish the middle guard tower. On Pakracel Storm you could make a destroyer sail into one of the islands.
    etc. etc. etc.
    All considered "levelution".

In short @EXILE157, it's great that you have opinions and want to leave feedback about the current state of the game - The community managers gather that stuff up and forwards it to the studio. However, trying to make your opinions more valid because you have "tested all BF games" is probably not going to help, especially if you say misinformation about main features like "levelution" ;)
  • JCap334
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JCap334 said:
    I played BF4 since release up until BF1 was released. According to Origin, I logged 1030 hours of playtime. I mainly played TDM on various clan servers. I can count on 1 hand how many times I saw a blatant aimbotter in BF4. I'm guessing the issue happened more on Conquest servers. In BFV, which I've logged 1002 hours, I've lost count of how many times I've seen blatant raging aimbotting with players going like 76 - 0 in 1 round of TDM. Off the top of my head I'd say I've have hundreds of rounds dealing with a cheater. At this point, with an expected release of the next BF game by November, it's too late for EA/DICE to give their PC playerbase any confidence that they are doing anything more than they've been doing to combat cheating.

I don't agree with votekick because that can be abused. They just need a robust anti-cheat that runs clientside that INSTANTLY PERMANENTLY bans a player when a cheat is detected.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EXILE157 said:
    JCap334 said:
    Don't give out false information now... I have all BF Series and played them all, yes there were cheaters on BF4 like every other chapter, but we had control compared to BFV where we don't have at all... BF4 got worse with cheaters/hackers as you say "aimbooters" towards the end of  BF4, EA/DICE were practically giving away BF4 accounts for free!!!... EA/DICE went into BF Hardline and then BF1 which became their major priority, that's when we lost BF4 and they didn't care to look back just like previous BF games, history shows it... 

- BFV has No Anti-Cheat System, No Balanced, No Vote Maps and No Vote Kick. You only get 2 Options: (Shut Up and Take it ) or (Leave the Game).
    >>> That's Why We Need >>> ((INDEPENDENT SERVERS)) >>> So We Can Take Back Control Of Our Gaming Experience. <<<

We're in 2020 now! You expect EA/DICE to have things in order a long time ago! especially with these specific titles, we're talking about a ((MultiBillion Dollar Company!))  BFV has been the worse BF game launch to this day! 

The game was unplayable for months, the moment there was no admin online it was no point of playing. And it wasnt in the end, it was probably launch year jan-mars or something, the amount of cheating was insane, I think the game was called the russian hackerfield of something, because most of them was using russian ip numbers...
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    The game was unplayable for months, the moment there was no admin online it was no point of playing. And it wasnt in the end, it was probably launch year jan-mars or something, the amount of cheating was insane, I think the game was called the russian hackerfield of something, because most of them was using russian ip numbers...

It was indeed awful
  • NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    JCap334 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I played BF4 since release up until BF1 was released. According to Origin, I logged 1030 hours of playtime. I mainly played TDM on various clan servers. I can count on 1 hand how many times I saw a blatant aimbotter in BF4. I'm guessing the issue happened more on Conquest servers. In BFV, which I've logged 1002 hours, I've lost count of how many times I've seen blatant raging aimbotting with players going like 76 - 0 in 1 round of TDM. Off the top of my head I'd say I've have hundreds of rounds dealing with a cheater. At this point, with an expected release of the next BF game by November, it's too late for EA/DICE to give their PC playerbase any confidence that they are doing anything more than they've been doing to combat cheating.

I don't agree with votekick because that can be abused. They just need a robust anti-cheat that runs clientside that INSTANTLY PERMANENTLY bans a player when a cheat is detected.

Wrap your mind around the fact that the anti cheat system either doesn't exist or is so weak it’s useless.

So what are the options?

Has EA implemented or fixed the anti cheat program? No.

Has EA implemented servers that the community will support? No.

That means EA wants you to play amongst cheaters that have a great advantage over honest customers. Either enjoy the game with both arm’s restrained or desperately ask for anything to help remove violators from the playing field.

Like it or not, vote kick seems like an easy bandaid. If you fall victim to a vote kick too bad. There are thousands of players that won’t and they thank you for helping to improve the game.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NN_Buzz12 wrote: »
    JCap334 wrote: »
    (Quote)

Wrap your mind around the fact that the anti cheat system either doesn't exist or is so weak it’s useless.

So what are the options?

Has EA implemented or fixed the anti cheat program? No.

Has EA implemented servers that the community will support? No.

That means EA wants you to play amongst cheaters that have a great advantage over honest customers. Either enjoy the game with both arm’s restrained or desperately ask for anything to help remove violators from the playing field.

Like it or not, vote kick seems like an easy bandaid. If you fall victim to a vote kick too bad. There are thousands of players that won’t and they thank you for helping to improve the game.

You act like dice is even capable of adding a vote kick system lol
This discussion has been closed.