Does the Artillery strike in rush actually do anything?

REexpert44
7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I've called in about 50 so far and haven't seen it do anything. I'm talking about when you interact with a telegraph machine and it says "sending enemy coordinates to Artillery".

Comments

• Fireblast168
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I haven't ever actually seen it do anything, either. I always try to use it, but I never see any artillery fire, any kill credits to me or artillery. It probably doesn't do anything.
  • PotatoeTheGreat
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Doesn't seem to work.
  • Darth_Inkar
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My experience is that it does nothing.
  • REexpert44
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well if I said I was surprised I would be a liar.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    that's not a bad thing.....just sayin. would be pretty cheap.
  • Roglie
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I don't think it does anything either. I thought it did once because I got a bunch of kills after using it but then I realized someone ran over some mines that I planted lol.
  • xxbob197xx
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Well, it gave me some 100~150pts when I tried using it.
    I guess.
    I'm pretty sure.
    I'm 50% sure.
    Actually, I don't know.
  • BadumBattlefield
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    REexpert44 wrote: »
    I've called in about 50 so far and haven't seen it do anything. I'm talking about when you interact with a telegraph machine and it says "sending enemy coordinates to Artillery".

The whole objective of rush is to keep you telegraph posts up. By doing this you are helping send an artillery barrage. Not on your map it may be a cross server feature that we will see in the future. Just my two cents
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen no evidence that it has any effect on the enemy team. It looks like another of those pointless things you can do in BF to earn points but no actually influence the outcome of the game, like start a grass fire on Caspian to get some camo or whatever.
  • BadumBattlefield
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've seen no evidence that it has any effect on the enemy team. It looks like another of those pointless things you can do in BF to earn points but no actually influence the outcome of the game, like start a grass fire on Caspian to get some camo or whatever.

If it's not what I previously mentioned then it's probably something to make the player feel like they're doing something like that they have a purpose for what they're doing
  • AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm betting it's just not activated yet. Either the reason is a bug (most likely) or intended.
  • REexpert44
    Hell if they even made it crap out a scout flaresI would be happy. You don't even get points for using the thing
  • ClaiomSolais
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Im pretty sure it's bugged. I had a friend test it on me by using the telegraph while I stood at different points on the map. Nothing happened at all. Hopefully when the full game releases it will actually do something. Like dropping a bunch of artillery shells on a cluster of enemies
  • dirtchair1234
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield Member
    I think the artillery barrage is not supposed to do anything. I've seen shells flying through the air but all I think it does is gives you a boost in points or something. That, or because it's just the beta and in the full game it might actually do something like take away attacker tickets or damage some objective attackers have to defend and can be destroyed by these barrages and cause the attackers to lose. Maybe DICE will decide to add this in the future. And btw regarding what I said about taking away attacker tickets, did anyone bothered to check the tickets to see if they are affected by the barrages :/
  • KanjiklubJanitor
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wondered the same thing because I never saw anything either. I heard that it attacks spotted enemies, which probably explains why it didn't happen basically ever.
  • HeavenlySwede
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I thought it was already confirmed that you gain more time to prepare when you fall back?
  • oof14346
    954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The whole objective of rush is to keep you telegraph posts up. By doing this you are helping send an artillery barrage. Not on your map it may be a cross server feature that we will see in the future. Just my two cents

Or maybe when the full game comes out, right when you spawn in on your first game of Rush, the barrage lands and kills you.
  • Chappa74
    326 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The arty barrage only targeted enemy already spotted. so i believe it may have the same effect as suppressing the enemy, i.e., if one of them was killed while being suppressed by your barrage, you would have got the suppress points?
  • Ronin0ni
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Chappa74 wrote: »
    The arty barrage only targeted enemy already spotted. so i believe it may have the same effect as suppressing the enemy, i.e., if one of them was killed while being suppressed by your barrage, you would have got the suppress points?

I'm pretty sure if they sit tight and don't take cover, it will kill them...

but since nobody ever spots we never saw it in action. (to be fair, spotting is much more difficult in BF1)
  • snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

according to dice if you an enemy is spotted artillery goes to him, but i didnt see it do anything.