South African and Dubai Servers REMOVED

Comments

• m1k3ol
    873 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    bittbeast wrote: »
    .... and why dare you removing players comments dude??

My emails are full of messages about removed comments...none of them are threatening in any way shape or form...phages was asking a question and his comments were removed...wtf???

2 reasons comes to mind...

If the post contained swearing, that's one possible reason

The other reason could be that the post was caught by the automatic spam filter, some users get this, the post needs to be reinstated by staff, which is done mostly every day when clearing the filter, the post will show up again once staff gets to it (usually takes a day or two)
  • Plucky6922
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Those ToS are enough reason to not ever buy a EA game again.

Making it impossible to run or rent a server not run by EA/Dice in combination with not providing a guaranteed server availability for a certain period should be enough to stop buying EA products.

It is just not EA, it is any and all online games have a provision like that in their Terms Of Service, just take the time to read any of them, you will find similar language.
    So if you say that is enough reason to never buy EA due to the ToS, then you have reason to never purchase any online game from any company.
    Most gamers do not understand the risk that we actually take by purchasing and playing online games.
    We pay money to sign away our rights.
    Sad, but true.

• NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    Those ToS are enough reason to not ever buy a EA game again.

Making it impossible to run or rent a server not run by EA/Dice in combination with not providing a guaranteed server availability for a certain period should be enough to stop buying EA products.

It is just not EA, it is any and all online games have a provision like that in their Terms Of Service, just take the time to read any of them, you will find similar language.
    So if you say that is enough reason to never buy EA due to the ToS, then you have reason to never purchase any online game from any company.
    Most gamers do not understand the risk that we actually take by purchasing and playing online games.
    We pay money to sign away our rights.
    Sad, but true.
    Then it is time to go back to "the old days" where you could build/set up/rent your own servers, without having to use the trash AWS and other poor locations/virtual servers.
  • EA_Tom
    120 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    EA_Tom said:

Feel free to drop your feedback in this thread. But please, keep it constructive.

We'd love to be constructive, but how?
    The player base ask for something? We never get it, teambalancer, anticheat, proper comunity servers with admin tools, etc. etc.... Just read forums ! We've tried soo much to be constructive.
    Closing a whole region servers is so weird. Matchamaking doesnt work but instead of fixing it, we'll let's close servers....
    How are we supposed to be constructive about this?
    I don't know you, you're probably a very good person, i'm talking to the EA representative here please dont consider this as a personal note.
    You ask us to be constructive when we see a destructive move from you.
    I've loved soo much BFs games for years, i still play BFV but i feel like a junkie.
    Little by little i, and i think i'm far from being alone, am losing faith in your company and your ability to improve anything in this franchise.
    I'm from Europe and will be moderatly impacted by the disparition of those servers but i undersant the frustration of players from those regions who paid this game and get backstabbed.
    You want a constructive idea? Tell your manager that he should consider stoping adding nails in the coffin

Your post was mostly constructive.. except for the last sentence. Not a fan of that.

But let me clarify for you what I'm asking from you, and other players sharing their feedback:

• Constructive discussions means no rude, off-topic or toxic comments
    • Explain the reasoning behind your comment
    • Stick to the forum rules

Example:
    Do: I don't agree with X because reason Y. I think you should do Z do improve that.
    Don't: You suck and I think the person that made this decision should be fired.

With that said, I understand we are all human. We are passionate about this game and when something happens we don't like, it's normal to get upset. So write that angry post and vent, but don't post it. Delete what you wrote and write a constructive version (first drafts are never good. Especially at a time where you might be emotional, but it's good to get it out of your system).

Something else I'd like to clarify is that if we ask for feedback or constructive discussion, it does not constitute a promise from our end. I always encourage you to post your thoughts and suggestions - why wouldn't you? Make your voice heard. Sometimes we'll make changes based on feedback, but there are also times where we don't. Feedback helps us weight options and make decisions, but it's not the only means.
  • Plucky6922
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

i can not think of a single change based on majoritya feedback the past 5 patches.....
    Fliegerfaust nerf.
    ToW and Chapter progression turned on for Community Games.
    100 BC being rewarded in place of a Tier Skip if all 40 rewards acquired already.

Just a few off the top of my head.

Over the life of BFV, the monthly surveys EA sends to my email, I see a lot of the results from the information I filled out implemented in game.
    Usually slight weapon tweaks or small quality of life adjustments.

• ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Tom wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Your post was mostly constructive.. except for the last sentence. Not a fan of that.

But let me clarify for you what I'm asking from you, and other players sharing their feedback:* Constructive discussions means no rude, off-topic or toxic comments
    * Explain the reasoning behind your comment
    * Stick to the forum rules

Example:
    Do: I don't agree with X because reason Y. I think you should do Z do improve that.
    Don't: You suck and I think the person that made this decision should be fired.

With that said, I understand we are all human. We are passionate about this game and when something happens we don't like, it's normal to get upset. So write that angry post and vent, but don't post it. Delete what you wrote and write a constructive version (first drafts are never good. Especially at a time where you might be emotional, but it's good to get it out of your system).

Something else I'd like to clarify is that if we ask for feedback or constructive discussion, it does not constitute a promise from our end. I always encourage you to post your thoughts and suggestions - why wouldn't you? Make your voice heard. Sometimes we'll make changes based on feedback, but there are also times where we don't. Feedback helps us weight options and make decisions, but it's not the only means.

Come on lol this is just blatant lip service!
    Why bother even asking for any feedback at all because nothing is going to change and you and I both know that.
    The most incredible thing is that your STILL selling the game in them regions!
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1460 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

i can not think of a single change based on majoritya feedback the past 5 patches.....
    Fliegerfaust nerf.
    ToW and Chapter progression turned on for Community Games.
    100 BC being rewarded in place of a Tier Skip if all 40 rewards acquired already.

Just a few off the top of my head.

Over the life of BFV, the monthly surveys EA sends to my email, I see a lot of the results from the information I filled out implemented in game.
    Usually slight weapon tweaks or small quality of life adjustments.

i am fairly sure that the FF nerf was mainly due to all the pilots crying bloody murder since they could nto farm as easily as before, and now outside of Fjell i never see anyone use it anymore,thanks for that i guess
    TOW progression turned on for something aparently no one uses anyway regardless because its just a god damn joke at this point with the community games, great i tick that on the box of  improvements
    100BC for what? so i can maybe buy one elite skin in maybe 7 weeks ? great thank our glorious overlords for that
    mhm now to counter your arguments
    -5v5 mode cannceled
    -4 seperate TTK changes next to no one wanted
    -a BR mode so dead i am surprised it still shows in the menue
    -combines arms prasied as a randomly generated mission hub with tons of replayabbility what we got was a hastly put together absolute minimum effort buggy mess
    -chapter 4 in general a huge list of cancallations
    -the sheer abundance of delays that are even now yet to come
    -shut down of 3 major server regians this past year (UK/South-Africa/Dubai)
    just naming a few of the main complaints atm.
    small QOL improvements are now to be considered milestones ? i am sorry but i am not giving DICE credit for the absolute bare-minimum
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 3
    Thank you (NOT!) for at least doubling the number of players with a ping above 100ms on almost every EU server and making playing a terrible experience.

What are you trying to do at Dice/EA?
    Killing the game completely?

Edit: Tried some more rounds, full squad with Iraq players, full squad with Saudi players (all 120ms or higher ping, some even 300ms) and server goes far above 20ms srv tick and gets unplayable ... serious, who thought this was an acceptable idea?
    Post edited by NLBartmaN on
  • Plucky6922
     now to counter your arguments

I was not making an argument for or against anything, I was pointing out some things that was changed due to community feedback in the past 5 patches.
    That is all.
    I will say this though, most of the TTK changes was because of the monthly community feedback surveys and posts on the forum.
    People said they were dying too fast, so TTK was changed.
    Most people hated the way that the TTK changed, they wanted a change, just not the way Dice did it, so stuff was changed again.

I for one, hated the TTK changes, I enjoyed the fast TTK, and I made that clear in the monthly surveys I filled out before, during, and after the changes.
    I was in the minority of the people that actually filled out the surveys or posted on the forums, twitter, reddit.
  • FragbaitDax
    223 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been gone from the game for several months now because of how broken it was and how poorly conceived and implemented the product has been. My experience has been so poor that at the time I left I had decided I could never support any product in the future that was produced by EA and/or Dice. As far as I'm concerned they're each culpable for this fiasco in their own way.

After the removal of the UK servers, and now the SA servers all this has done is reinforce my decision as the correct one. My trust and faith in EA/Dice is at absolute zero and that has implications far beyond this single title. Companies commonly have an element of their financial value being 'goodwill', the cache the brand has because of the positive experience consumers receive. These companies should genuinely be downgraded in value because that goodwill is significantly eroded.

If a vehicle manufacturer produced a car like this consumers would never buy that brand again. That's where I'm at. It's quite clear too that the issue with BFV is right at the top. Senior management are entirely responsible for the decision, the direction, the resources and the implementation of the game. I feel sorry for all the Devs, the real working staff and the harried mods here on the forums. I can only begin to imagine what it must be like to be forced to support what is also clear to them is a dog's breakfast of a product.

In closing, not only has nothing been done of any significant value to improve the game, it continues to deteriorate and so my opinion is more resolute than ever. EA/Dice, if you ever want any money from me again, you need to address this properly otherwise there are plenty of other companies to spend my money with.
  • bittbeast
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Tom said:
    Hey all,

I've requested to keep it constructive. We've already removed several posts. In the meantime, keep in mind if you notice your comment has gone missing it violated our forum rules

We'll close the thread if this continues.

Thank you,

-Tom
    Wow EA_Tom

You (Dice) remove our servers without any prior warning ,you destroy a battlefield community in one strike and expect people to keep it constructive???

Instead of replying with positive feedback on our situation or at least acknowledging the situation  you respond with the old "constructive card" we have seen from community managers in the past.I know it sounds like i am attacking you but how would you have reacted if you were in our shoes?

It really does feel like dice has lost the human compassion or human connection they used to have with their communities and your response is evident of this.

Please please,stop with the radio silence and respond to the issue at hand,we still haven't heard any feedback from any of you.
  • x_Jordah_x
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Tom said:
    I've requested to keep it constructive. We've already removed several posts. In the meantime, keep in mind if you notice your comment has gone missing it violated our forum rules

We'll close the thread if this continues.

You take our money and take servers away. NO money refund as the game is basically unplayable. and this is the attitude you have. Seriously.... stop. 

• Champers83
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This happened the exact same time last year, we can honestly not play with 200 ping. Can anyone from Dice/EA please tell me that they are going to do anything about it?
  • KyberStrike
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 4
    I tried to play on the EU servers the past few days. It is not enjoyable and a real degrade of the service coupled to an aim penalty. Its not what I paid for. Its time to report this activity to the South African DTI.
  • SPF80
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So let's be constructive. In the future please only use American or European celebrities to market your product. Trevor Noah is South African. Just because he hosts one of the biggest TV shows in the US does not change his ORIGIN (pun intended) So he is good enough to use as an AFRICAN to promote your product, but supporting his community is not. 

So Africa (From what I can see) is the ONLY continent that does not have servers. I'm sure Australia and New Zealand don't have the tons of players the Europeans or the North Americas have why do they still have servers in Australia. I'm sure its because their ping would be well over 400 and not playable.
This discussion has been closed.