Kills from dinghy boat and roadkills with planes...

2»

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    There isn't much DICE could do to create an enjoyable naval themed assignment. All they could come up with is to get a kill while inside a wooden motorboat.
    Have X teammates spawn on your landing ship
    It would encourage the players to maintain a close proximity spawn point for their team as a landing ship
    my 2 cents
    I've thought about that. I'd like that more than the dingy assignment. Usually people abandon the landing craft after reaching the shore and therefore nobody can spawn afterwards on it. Something like this could actually benefit the team instead of just a single individual screwing around in a dingy not playing the objective.

Would also be a better assignment than last week's flare pistol assignment where one had to waste a flare just to get a few hit markers till 75 damage was done.

You could pick any player on this forum at random and they would be thinking up of less ridiculous assignment than DICE.
    Because the players here actually know what is good for the team in general.
  • xKusagamix
    1184 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I didn't even bother doing those assignment, it's just stupid.
    Capture objectives, yeah. Complete squad orders, yeah. Revive teammate, yeah. Build fortifications, okay...
    But road kill with a plane? No, thank, i'll pass.
  • ghos7bear
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Boat achivement is super easy. Just get sniper with Zh-29.
    Plane one took few tries but I did it, not too hard.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    These tips are probably above (I did not read):

Plane road kill: If you fly a lot this is not a problem. You will know that if you shoot down another pilot 1 out of 3 or so will bail the plane to try to deny you the kill (even if they are out of bounds and will die anyway). Sometimes you roadkill them just as they leave (then you are mostly too close, but it happens) or you can go for them if they are using their parachute.  Roadkilling peole on ground is probably pretty hard because there ar not many maps with really flat surfaces. Maybe silos on Wake Islands could work or catching someone on the runway on maps with those. I have beheaded some players with the wing tip on some maps but that has been more like accidents (crashing is what kills me the most when flying.)

The dinghy boat is just to get one and park it on a fairly covered place with some 'traffic' (not in the water) and then wait like any camper can do. Anywhere around the C flag on Solomon Islands is a good place.
  • Hawxxeye
    7748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar said:
    These tips are probably above (I did not read):

Plane road kill: If you fly a lot this is not a problem. You will know that if you shoot down another pilot 1 out of 3 or so will bail the plane to try to deny you the kill (even if they are out of bounds and will die anyway). Sometimes you roadkill them just as they leave (then you are mostly too close, but it happens) or you can go for them if they are using their parachute.  Roadkilling peole on ground is probably pretty hard because there ar not many maps with really flat surfaces. Maybe silos on Wake Islands could work or catching someone on the runway on maps with those. I have beheaded some players with the wing tip on some maps but that has been more like accidents (crashing is what kills me the most when flying.)

The dinghy boat is just to get one and park it on a fairly covered place with some 'traffic' (not in the water) and then wait like any camper can do. Anywhere around the C flag on Solomon Islands is a good place.
    They are fools, redeploy is much faster than a bailing animation
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    They are fools, redeploy is much faster than a bailing animation

I already saw people using suicide macros. 🦆

I bet those people will be a lot more when the mechanics arrive that you get the kill when the enemy pilot bails or crashes his plane.
  • spychodelics
    405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can roadkill the AA (on the ships) on Pacific or Iwo Jima with your wing without dead, you just need to be sneaky. 
  • CT1924
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Boat one was easy, run the boat aground so it doesn't bob about, jump in a passenger slot and snipe someone in the head.

The plane roadkill however, I've not managed this yet. Best scenario I can see is Breakthrough on Wake Island and try to get somene as they run across the runway from one sector to the next.

Dive the AA horozontally on fjell
  • Relentl3ssJT
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So because they make some assignments a little challenging, rather than simply kill x amount of enemy or revive x amount of player, they were designed by a drunk, are bad, etc etc? Perhaps you simply need to learn to play. They are both easy to accomplish and took no brain power or skill to figure out. Perhaps instead of attacking people for their design, you take a little brainpower and figure it out. Sound like a bunch of entitled children.
  • BeastofBourbon84
    728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cool sunglasses dude i hope to be as awesome as you someday.

Until then i'll just refrain from wasting a plane to earn measly 14k tow points.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited April 6
    So because they make some assignments a little challenging, rather than simply kill x amount of enemy or revive x amount of player, they were designed by a drunk, are bad, etc etc? Perhaps you simply need to learn to play. They are both easy to accomplish and took no brain power or skill to figure out. Perhaps instead of attacking people for their design, you take a little brainpower and figure it out. Sound like a bunch of entitled children.
    Challenging =/= making the player do things that do not help the team in any way and potentially getting them killed much more than often...
    Having certain expectations about what we are given for our money makes us entitled now? People these days do love throwing around that word when someone has different standards than them.
    The only thing BF games need to "challenge" people to is to make them contribute to the teamwork as much as possible. How many times has the victor been decided from which side keeps the other team spotted for longer, keeps their own vehicles healthy, resupply their allies, revive their fallen, deter or shoot down enemy vehicles/planes.
    Battlefield is  a game about teamwork and so tasks that encourage lone wolf shenanigans are not the right challenges for such a game.
    The moment that an assignment makes the interests of a player conflict the interests of the team as a while then it is a bad assignment. (With the kill X people inside objectives in a life being the worst offenders of the lot)
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • kenpokillz
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Idiot challenges really. 60% of the challenges are idiotic also. I hope they never try this again.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    403 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I got the roadkill, even 2. Map mercury, as allied I saw 2 red dots on a hill above flag A. I fly with my spitfire to them and killed 2 XD. It was my 3th plane.
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cool sunglasses dude i hope to be as awesome as you someday.

Until then i'll just refrain from wasting a plane to earn measly 14k tow points.
    As I already wrote. There is no need what so ever to crash the plane. Yes, you might need to be an able (not pro) pilot to do the assignment but it is also optional. It is no different than blowing up a tank with dynamite. A guy that has only played, lets say a full time pilot, will find this difficult without getting himself killed while an able assault player can do this with much less risk. I think these assignments are there for people willing to take on a challenge slightly outside of the way they play on a regular basis (though road killing in plane is happening more or less on a daily basis when one fly fighters). The boat thing is just a matter of thinking before acting.

If one does not find that fun or entertaining in any way one should not do it. Even an assignment junkie like myself has skipped all assignments involving Firestorm and many of the final gold plate assignments (SLRs and Semi autos) as they are simply too boring (Firestorm) or hard for me.
  • BruceWillii
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I did the roadkill on breakthrough on pacific storm as defender in the last sector. The enemy took b first and there was a free plane when i died. So I thought they might be running to take over the radio tower now. So I rolled the plane from the runway to the tower and yes i hit an enemy and managed the assignment.
  • olavafar
    I did the roadkill on breakthrough on pacific storm as defender in the last sector. The enemy took b first and there was a free plane when i died. So I thought they might be running to take over the radio tower now. So I rolled the plane from the runway to the tower and yes i hit an enemy and managed the assignment.
    Lol, please tell me you never fly and still have not :).
  • skutaboy
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Easy to be killed by a plane 'road kill' though.

https://streamable.com/cfjyb8    s