Tank Sensitivity directly affects turnability of Staghound and HaChi rocket tank

ghos7bear
147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited April 6
Anybody noticed this? This started with Pacific update, I have my tank sensitivity at 10% and Staghound stopped turning at all, you can BARELY turn left or right now. I thought it affected wheeled but other cars are fine. This also affects HaChi tank, but not T34 on US side. Please post if you experienced this bug, its been in the game for months now and ruins both vehicles for me.

Comments

• MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sensitivity does effect turn speed and also how easy you climb hills and terrain, it also effects acceleration. But less sensitivity makes you more accurate over long range with things like the tanks MG, for me, it's not just being able to aim easier, it seems to me to directly change the accuracy being logged. It's like as if the bullets are more clustered together or that the server actually is able to register the hits better. I get more disables, and down infantry way quicker from extreme range with the MG. With really low settings, I get way more hack accusations. I've always felt this was a silent deliberate thing the dev team included within BF games.

Also, low sensitivity will mean you are really slow when disabled via tracks or the turret turn speed, you really struggle to get moving or move, where as if you put it really high, you can almost move as if you weren't disabled at all esp if you don't stop. Been playing around with the sweet spot between accuracy and speed for longer than I can remember on BF games. This is all on PC. 

Game modes like BT, having really low sensitivity means it's like shooting fish in a barrel. It's brain dead easy. But CQ, it pays to have more mobility.   
  • ghos7bear
    147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For those who find this through google, here is a workaround:

Advanced -> Tank Sensitivity: 100%

Basic -> Vehicle Mouse Aim Sensitivity: 5%

Having percents the other way around will stop you from turning on Staghound and HaChi