Buff bolt-action rifles. They are toy BB guns.

Comments

• InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 7
    "Why not"
    "1 shot to the torso"
  • Sgt_Dogo
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 7

InS_Hypno said:
    "Why not"
    "1 shot to the torso"
    Why not try to add something intelligent to the thread instead of being a troll?
    Post edited by Sgt_Dogo on
  • TyroneLoyd
    1783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had a thought. Why not add some bolt-actions to the Assault class such as a Kar98k or variant of it that can't be used as a sniper obviously and give them 1 shot to the torso capabilities at close to medium range to make them competitive against the crazy OP shotguns and automatic rifles. This would add so much fun to the game and bring in more players. Please give the Kar98K the respect it deserves dice!.
    No.
  • Sgt_Dogo
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had a thought. Why not add some bolt-actions to the Assault class such as a Kar98k or variant of it that can't be used as a sniper obviously and give them 1 shot to the torso capabilities at close to medium range to make them competitive against the crazy OP shotguns and automatic rifles. This would add so much fun to the game and bring in more players. Please give the Kar98K the respect it deserves dice!.
    No.
    Again, how about a valid argument as to why you say "No."?

Are you scared your shotguns will actually have something to compete against them? I'm going to go with that.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No.

Are you scared your shotguns will actually have something to compete against them? I'm going to go with that.
    Ohk at close to medium range. That's the only arguement against the idea you need.
  • OoTh3z4cKoO
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Why you want to even compete in cqc against shotguns ? Btw they are barely played as they are very situational . Stop cry get some skill and aim for the head if you want bolt action , if you want to cqc with scout use the semi automatic like the rsc that kill in 2 shot
  • TyroneLoyd
    1783 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 7
    (Quote)

Because its not needed.
    I primary assualt. I have zero use for a 1hit kill sniper not to mention the class is already strong as it is.

Another note nothing scares me in this game. Sorry not sorry.
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

InS_Hypno said:
    "Why not"
    "1 shot to the torso"
    Why not try to add something intelligent to the thread instead of being a troll?
    It is intelligent
    If you don't have enough information in my message to understand that your proposition is a bad idea nothing can be done for you
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

If you would re-read and think about your own Text, you should realize yourself how stupid that idea is.
  • Sgt_Dogo
    edited April 7
    My god this community is full of casuals, no wonder BFV has less player base than every other WW2 shooter on Steam. If Dice would do the right thing and buff bolt-action to the way they should be then maybe some of those players would come back to BFV because lets face the fact, people play WW2 shooters for the bolt-action satisfaction, unlike you lot, the casual gamer scared of 1 shot bolt actions. 1 shot shotguns are fine but oh no not a balanced 1 shot bolt action that requires actual aim skill unlike a huge buckshot shotgun spread. You guys are such hypocrites. You know it's a good idea and you're just scared to admit it because it would add competition you don't want to deal with.
  • OoTh3z4cKoO
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My god this community is full of casuals, no wonder BFV has less player base than every other WW2 shooter on Steam. If Dice would do the right thing and buff bolt-action to the way they should be then maybe some of those players would come back to BFV because lets face the fact, people play WW2 shooters for the bolt-action satisfaction, unlike you lot, the casual gamer scared of 1 shot bolt actions. 1 shot shotguns are fine but oh no not a balanced 1 shot bolt action that requires actual aim skill unlike a huge buckshot shotgun spread. You guys are such hypocrites. You know it's a good idea and you're just scared to admit it because it would add competition you don't want to deal with.

You are the casual that want a bolt action to compete in close range against shotgun that aside their range have no actual use , and i repeat they are already barely used . If you want to compete in cqc you have alot of options
    1 aim the head
    2 body shot and switch to pistol
    3 use semiautomatic
    4 use a weapon that's is made for the actual range .
    There is a reason why bolt action doesn't ohk and it's called balance .
  • TyroneLoyd
    edited April 7

You're delusional if you remotely think I'd be hindered by a bolt action along with a few very good players in this thread.

It's just not a needed change plain and simple.

• Sgt_Dogo
    edited April 7

You are the casual that want a bolt action to compete in close range against shotgun that aside their range have no actual use , and i repeat they are already barely used . If you want to compete in cqc you have alot of options
    1 aim the head
    2 body shot and switch to pistol
    3 use semiautomatic
    4 use a weapon that's is made for the actual range .
    There is a reason why bolt action doesn't ohk and it's called balance .
    Wrong. They will be balanced when they one hit kill at close to medium range on the torso as well as the head to compete with the other meta weapons. Literally every other WW2 shooter game has these bolt action mechanics but in this game the DPS favour goes to the Sturmgewehrs and shotguns and that needs to change to bring in more players and make the game more fun. There's nothing you can say that can change my opinion on the matter because I know I'm right. The low player base numbers for a WW2 shooter is all the evidence anyone needs. I just hope Dice will wise up to this one day and stop catering for the casuals and bring players back in.
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 7

No, what I want is that Dice is going away from the HP based health system and introduce something like Red Orchestra 2, where any weapon from any range can basically OHK you if aimed correctly or at the very least make critical damage to the player. Also additionally remove most scopes on weapons, that aren't historical accurate. And for those who are massively increase the recoil. And for snipers, only a specific number of players are allowed to use one, so not everybody simply picks sniper and is sitting at the edge of the map.
    That effectively kills the dominance of high RoF weapons, because every weapon is equally lethal.

But this would be too hardcore for this casual game and for you.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No, what I want is that Dice is going away from the HP based health system and introduce something like Red Orchestra 2, where any weapon from any range can basically OHK you if aimed correctly or at the very least make critical damage to the player. Also additionally remove most scopes on weapons, that aren't historical accurate. And for those who are massively increase the recoil. And for snipers, only a specific number of players are allowed to use one, so not everybody simply picks sniper and is sitting at the edge of the map.
    That effectively kills the dominance of high RoF weapons, because every weapon is equally lethal.

But this would be too hardcore for this casual game and for you.
    Red orchestra is a different game to battlefield, in the same way as cod is different. 3 distinct (or should be)fps game types to suit different players. I'm a console player these days but loved the orignal RO game way back in the mist of time. BF should not be RO, nor should it be COD. If you want to play these other games then do just that. Sadly us console scrubs don't have access to other indy fps games like PC guys and girls do.
  • OoTh3z4cKoO
    (Quote)
    Wrong. They will be balanced when they one hit kill at close to medium range on the torso as well as the head to compete with the other meta weapons. Literally every other WW2 shooter game has these bolt action mechanics but in this game the DPS favour goes to the Sturmgewehrs and shotguns and that needs to change to bring in more players and make the game more fun. There's nothing you can say that can change my opinion on the matter because I know I'm right. The low player base numbers for a WW2 shooter is all the evidence anyone needs. I just hope Dice will wise up to this one day and stop catering for the casuals and bring players back in.

If you give ohk torso on close to medium you will have a weapon that dominate close medium and long range combat aka umbalanced , i know that you probably get destroyed by people far better than you , and you were probably running scout and destroyed by a random shotgun on close range were that gun have to shine because it sucks in all other range . The reason why in that game there is no ohk for bolt action si balance just accept it and move on
  • KMAsterisk
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Only buffs I might get behind would be upping the non HS damage at close range to 75-85 for all the BAs, not having to break ADS to chamber another round (although that's another can of worms in itself), or an increase to the ROF of them.
  • MarxistDictator
    5251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A shotgun is balanced because it is useless outside of CQB and there is a lot more not CQB than CQB. A sniper shotgun breaks that wide open, only the Chris Kyle sniper heroes that absolutely can’t play as a sniper without massive body shot damage and slow movement think that would be at all positive for the game.

If anything, the wide open spaces and player counts in battlefield suggest the sniper weapons should be harder to use than average. The one time they deviated from it (BF1) they had to buff every other not sniper weapon at one point with a totally new TTK. The better the snipers are the worse the active elements of the gameplay become.
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A shotgun is balanced because it is useless outside of CQB and there is a lot more not CQB than CQB. A sniper shotgun breaks that wide open, only the Chris Kyle sniper heroes that absolutely can’t play as a sniper without massive body shot damage and slow movement think that would be at all positive for the game.

If anything, the wide open spaces and player counts in battlefield suggest the sniper weapons should be harder to use than average. The one time they deviated from it (BF1) they had to buff every other not sniper weapon at one point with a totally new TTK. The better the snipers are the worse the active elements of the gameplay become.
    Except, currently, every gun outside Scout's have a TtK of less than 1 second at all ranges even with body and limb shots, and they drop to 0.1 seconds or less in close quarters once headshots are taken into consideration. They completely removed spread from all guns, so SMGs are just as accurate at 600m as a BA.  They even added recoil patterns, guaranteeing that the first few shot will always recoil exactly the same with every pull of the trigger, of course, they didn't put this feature on any of Scout's guns even though they saw fit to put it on every SAR.
    Also, unlike previous iterations, they decided everyone has access to the 3x scope, but only Scout get penalized for using them.  Previous games either made it so everyone has glint with the optic or no one, they didn't specifically target a single class and make them singularly disadvantaged in their role.
  • THERAMPAGE_ci0h
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE said:
    Sniper rifles are more overpowered than ever in this game. 
    Bf1 *cough* *cough*
    Big headshot hitbox + no suppression + being able to shoot through wall and still OS + aim assist with scope on console is worst than sweetspot ... 
    Sometimes 90% of the server is playing recon, it need to stop.
    Sniperfield is totally out of control and need a HUGE nerf to stop this mess