Battlefield 1 - Battle Royale?

Sammy_SUN1
53 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Imagine it...the battlefield 1 immersion levels with the maps, weapons, sound, cinematics, in a free for all Battle Royale. With a smart marketing hype trending trailer and ofcourse attention to details. I believe it would be a simple and relatively easy masterpiece for EA and DICE to achieve. 

Comments

• Titan_Awaken
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020
    It's already been done. It's called Firestorm and it's in BFV if you want to play it. Or better yet, play an actual dedicated BR game like Apex, Fortnite, PUBG and stop polluting existing franchises that were never traditionally known for or associated with the BR genre.

Also don't know if you've noticed but the last major content drop was in the June 2018 monthly update where they added the Burton LMR soooo....... yeah. 
  • Skill4Reel
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No thanks.  I didn't want this in Battlefield V either. 
  • PackersDK
    943 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It is odd with these posts that wants new weapons, modes and factions added to this old game. I mean, bless them, but what do they expect?

I half think they’re actually just fishing for a pad on the shoulder for an “awesome” idea (which it might very well be). 
  • RossP317
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed, I'd love some new objectives, challenges or medals etc. But I'd also fear that they'd break the game if anything was done to it at this stage.
  • Ronin9572
    1423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RossP317 wrote: »
    Agreed, I'd love some new objectives, challenges or medals etc. But I'd also fear that they'd break the game if anything was done to it at this stage.

Damn straight!
  • Ronin9572
    I know BR's aren't for most ppl. I don't mind them at all and still play H1Z1 with my oldest son and even Fortnite. I can understand what the OP wants because BF1 is a great game. But we saw how bad EA/Dice botched Firestorm, and I bet if they made that F2P it would have done better but you know EA!
  • disposalist
    8984 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited April 2020
    I think what makes Battlefield good (best, in fact) compared to other shooters is the emphasis on large scale, infantry-and-vehicle, cooperative, objectives based play.

As far as shooters go, Battle Royale is the opposite of all those things.

Yes, I'm sure the BF1 engine could be used for a BR game.

Unfortunately, when you develop a BF game with BR in mind you get BF5.  Oh dear.  No thanks.

I wish they'd developed BF5 with everything that makes Battlefield great in mind and not grabbing for CoD and PUBG players.  They did not.
  • Ronin9572
    I think what makes Battlefield good (best, in fact) compared to other shooters is the emphasis on large scale, infantry-and-vehicle, cooperative, objectives based play.

As far as shooters go, Battle Royale is the opposite of all those things.

Yes, I'm sure the BF1 engine could be used for a BR game.

Unfortunately, when you develop a BF game with BR in mind you get BF5.  Oh dear.  No thanks.

I wish they'd developed BF5 with everything that makes Battlefield great in mind and not grabbing for CoD and PUBG players.  They did not.

Spot on, especially the last paragraph!