Best Platoon (Skilled)

1235»

Comments

• kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    HuwJarz wrote: »
    Well, its nice to hear some kind words spoken about ACES. We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community and over time have picked up quite a few players from other squadsthat have given us similar feedback.

So thanks to the OP and to @shaunlake1344. We enjoyed having you play with us. OP - send me a friends request (Greeny111) and jump into party next time. BTS players are always welcomed with open arms. We don't recruit on skill. We recruit only on the basis that players want to have an immersive squad experience. Over time we have build some excellent comms skills and our players in chat are really respectful and that follow orders. We ] work as a team. You don't need the best players to do well as a squad. We have a few players with K/D's substantially below 0.8, but they are valued as the top players in the squad.

We welcome anyone from the forums to come and play with us. Well, probably all but one. But let's not go there. Even GamerHugo is really welcome! Genuinely.

As far as whether we are the best; I highly doubt it. We go well enough, but because of teamwork rather than skill. We aren't competitive and we don't feel the need to stat pad. We very regularly switch teams where we see slots open up on steam that is getting beaten to try to keep servers balanced and fair.

Thanks again for the kind words.

PS - If you're based in ANZ region, I set up the original an ACES platoon there.. They have the same values and are a great bunch of guys too.....

Cheers HuwJarz, hope you don't think I was knocking you guys, if I wanted to play Conquest I'd play with you guys for sure. TDM is a different game really and I wouldn't do my lone wolf thing in Conquest or Ops. Big maps are so much better as a team and the few games I played with you guys were the best games of conquest I've had.
    It's the 30hz servers that's the problem really, makes things feel totally random to me and TDM is random enough. Hopefully they'll get the servers consistent for BFV.

Edit: Could I give you guys a little advise? I'd try and get an SOP going where you guys run assault, support and medic in every squad. It might mean taking turns but if you guys did that you'd be unstoppable. If the support guy ran suppressive then the whole squad could shoot a plane down easily, with one medic running HE rounds, a support using HE crossbow and an assault with the rocket gun you could take out tanks from distance in 2 or 3 volleys. Any combo would do, 3 medics, assault, support would be a really strong squad. If you already do that and I caught you on a slightly unorganised night then ignore all that!

@shaunlake1344
    I missed the chance to join you all. For me, I rarely play medic as you can see if you check. I mix it up and like to think of myself as the wild card. I often will not squad up but will be in party with the rest of the ACES and run vehicle support as there are only a handful of ACES that are comfortable in vehicles. This allows a full infantry squad. Whether it be taking buildings out with the tank or popping flares while providing air support on the objectives they are attacking. When playing as Infantry I usually fill the Gap wherever needed whether it be assault support or Scout it don't matter to me.
    TDM is the only mode I can't stand but will play if I have friends playing. I'm down for anything else anytime.
    Psn is the same as here and hope to run into you soon.
  • shaunlake1344
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, its nice to hear some kind words spoken about ACES. We pride ourselves on being a welcoming community and over time have picked up quite a few players from other squadsthat have given us similar feedback.

So thanks to the OP and to @shaunlake1344. We enjoyed having you play with us. OP - send me a friends request (Greeny111) and jump into party next time. BTS players are always welcomed with open arms. We don't recruit on skill. We recruit only on the basis that players want to have an immersive squad experience. Over time we have build some excellent comms skills and our players in chat are really respectful and that follow orders. We ] work as a team. You don't need the best players to do well as a squad. We have a few players with K/D's substantially below 0.8, but they are valued as the top players in the squad.

We welcome anyone from the forums to come and play with us. Well, probably all but one. But let's not go there. Even GamerHugo is really welcome! Genuinely.

As far as whether we are the best; I highly doubt it. We go well enough, but because of teamwork rather than skill. We aren't competitive and we don't feel the need to stat pad. We very regularly switch teams where we see slots open up on steam that is getting beaten to try to keep servers balanced and fair.

PS - If you're based in ANZ region, I set up the original an ACES platoon there.. They have the same values and are a great bunch of guys too.....

Cheers HuwJarz, hope you don't think I was knocking you guys, if I wanted to play Conquest I'd play with you guys for sure. TDM is a different game really and I wouldn't do my lone wolf thing in Conquest or Ops. Big maps are so much better as a team and the few games I played with you guys were the best games of conquest I've had.
    It's the 30hz servers that's the problem really, makes things feel totally random to me and TDM is random enough. Hopefully they'll get the servers consistent for BFV.

Edit: Could I give you guys a little advise? I'd try and get an SOP going where you guys run assault, support and medic in every squad. It might mean taking turns but if you guys did that you'd be unstoppable. If the support guy ran suppressive then the whole squad could shoot a plane down easily, with one medic running HE rounds, a support using HE crossbow and an assault with the rocket gun you could take out tanks from distance in 2 or 3 volleys. Any combo would do, 3 medics, assault, support would be a really strong squad. If you already do that and I caught you on a slightly unorganised night then ignore all that!

@shaunlake1344
    I missed the chance to join you all. For me, I rarely play medic as you can see if you check. I mix it up and like to think of myself as the wild card. I often will not squad up but will be in party with the rest of the ACES and run vehicle support as there are only a handful of ACES that are comfortable in vehicles. This allows a full infantry squad. Whether it be taking buildings out with the tank or popping flares while providing air support on the objectives they are attacking. When playing as Infantry I usually fill the Gap wherever needed whether it be assault support or Scout it don't matter to me.
    TDM is the only mode I can't stand but will play if I have friends playing. I'm down for anything else anytime.

Cool you too man. I'm sure you guys have discussed squad tactics many times. Just when I played there was no support so I had to save my rockets for tanks and couldn't shoot them at snipers! Assault players sure do need a support buddy in Conquest.
  • kampkaos_420_
    2675 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

@shaunlake1344

Cool you too man. I'm sure you guys have discussed squad tactics many times. Just when I played there was no support so I had to save my rockets for tanks and couldn't shoot them at snipers! Assault players sure do need a support buddy in Conquest.

There is no need a lot of the time. When everyone on the enemy them is dead ( besides the spawn bush wookies that is). You have an endless supply of kits to pick up from the ground ,throw ammo or whatever and then switch back to yours.
  • V_Effect91017
    191 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just played against [memo] anyone heard of them. I'm on PS4, they murdered everyone. Were top of the scoreboard every time with stupid kills
  • ProLegion_exor
    3543 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just played against [memo] anyone heard of them. I'm on PS4, they murdered everyone. Were top of the scoreboard every time with stupid kills

Never heard of them or seen them..
  • Goofy-The-Sc0t
    1214 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GoofyMC123 wrote: »
    ACDC is the best platoon........ we have beer and crisps plus our name is the same as the best rock band in history.

You spell Tool funny.

Easy there tiger :D
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1937 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited June 2018

Yeah... I know them... they’re from Denmark... Memento Mori Denmark... But in no way they are above average... they just use communication & Its easy to get on top of the boards with 7-8 guys on the same side...

I would happily arrange a 16v16 Conquest against those guys If anyone would be interested??
  • 187Bear
    578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ohno is pretty good on Xbox
  • HotshotReef
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I am currently a general of a platoon that I find unsatisfactory and am currently looking for a platoon with daily active members that I can grow with and eventually lead. If ur platoon is dying or is sick please miss me.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am currently a general of a platoon that I find unsatisfactory and am currently looking for a platoon with daily active members that I can grow with and eventually lead.
    Here's a tip: If you're looking to join an active platoon, why don't you... you know, post a comment on one of the many platoon recruitment threads on this forum instead of reviving a thread that died nearly 2 years ago? This one for example. Or how about this one? It's not that hard if you put your mind to it!

If ur platoon is dying or is sick please miss me.
    Beggars can't be choosers.

/necro
  • Skill4Reel
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I remember playing a conquest match on Amiens a few years ago that was so darn good, and the only reason it was as incredible as it was is because there were platoons scattered throughout both teams.  How many times have you been in a 32 VS 32 conquest match that was closely contested all of the way to the end?  No behemoth because as we all know in Battlefield 1 if neither side gets the Behemoth, that means both teams are on point getting stuff done.  This almost never happens, but in this match with so many platoon players.  Both teams were getting after it the entire time.

I was so impressed by this match that I hit the PS4 share button and captured the last three minutes of it.  So after checking the footage to see exactly what platoons were in there.  I saw four people from [GSP] Platoon on my team and one on the other side.  Four from [NBK] Platoon on the other team.  Then there were a few representatives from [OMEN], [HORS], [CCS], [EPAR], [EPTX], and [DH].     

All of these platoons were the best that I have ever played with because to this day.  I haven't been in too many Battlefield matches that were as memorable as this one.  Thanks guys.  It was this match that immediately had me begging DICE for a ranked platoon area in Battlefield because I thought that it is a shame that conquest matches aren't this good more often.