[Megathread] BFV and Cheating Discussion

Comments

• pajsner
    99 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    pajsner wrote: »
    (Quote)

What is the difference between Studio "reference" headphones versus regular "good" headphones?

Very clear mids and highs. Alot less focus on lows. For most of the headsets I have used alot of gaming headphones weren't as clear and had a somewhat muffled range. I dont know what you consider "good" headphones. I use akg 701s if I want to try hard sound. I have used Sennheiser HD 650's which were just as good as my 701s if not better. My logitechs (I have 2) are junk and my hyperx's are fairly muffled. My Artic 7's too bassy and have a grainy noise to it that I dont enjoy. I use my hyper x because of a sponsorship but I can still make out positions just not as well as my reference setup.

I dont believe in 7.1 and 5.1 headsets.

Think it is just funny when people use words like "Studio reference" and make them to something magical and out of the ordinary, which makes everything sound heavenly. The only thing they are. Is a headset that is heavily built to withstand, and usually muffled from surroundings with a neutral frequency curve that doesn't really sound so good for everyday listening. But otherwise they sound just like any better regular headphones.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1687 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 9
    (Quote)

Think it is just funny when people use words like "Studio reference" and make them to something magical and out of the ordinary, which makes everything sound heavenly. The only thing they are. Is a headset that is heavily built to withstand, and usually muffled from surroundings with a neutral frequency curve that doesn't really sound so good for everyday listening. But otherwise they sound just like any better regular headphones.

As an audiophile I beg to differ but whatever dude believe what you will.
    I can hear a quality difference compared to what I have currently and have used in the past. Stop being stuck on "studio reference" just because I went that route.
    I don't know what you considered good nor did you give me examples so I gave you what "I" use.

I don't have a lot of audio issues what else do you want me to say?

Edit - to explain further I prefer a neutral frequency curve for footsteps and ambient noise. Both of those headphones made me understand how much a soundstage matters when listening to the reproduction of sound along with sounding on a stereo channel(which I perfer). Ofcourse the actual sample itself needs to be great. Both headphones have there drawbacks with them like sound bleeding out as they are both open back but why would that matter to me? Look I get it doesn't fit your criteria but it works for me.

Is it better than a pair of cheap gaming headsets from logitech on an amp? Sure is to me.
    Post edited by TyroneLoyd_TV on
  • Bryjo3
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can hear a quality difference compared to what I have currently and have used in the past. Stop being stuck on "studio reference" just because I went that route.
    I don't know what you considered good nor did you give me examples so I gave you what "I" use.

Edit - to explain further I prefer a neutral frequency curve for footsteps and ambient noise. Both of those headphones made me understand how much a soundstage matters when listening to the reproduction of sound along with sounding on a stereo channel(which I perfer). Ofcourse the actual sample itself needs to be great. Both headphones have there drawbacks with them like sound bleeding out as they are both open back but why would that matter to me? Look I get it doesn't fit your criteria but it works for me.

Is it better than a pair of cheap gaming headsets from logitech on an amp? Sure is to me.
    It is better, I have a pair of AKG k702's on an Creative AE-7 card that has a very powerful amp. The sound is crystal clear. I think much of audiophile is mumbo jumbo nonsense, but headphones and quality amp do improve sound quality up until about the $500 dollar price range. Past $500 you do get more quality out of cans like the Sennheister HD800 and some planar magnetics, but typically not worth the hike up in price unless you are VERY into audio.

Gaming headsets have improved over the years though. Even wireless options (while not loud) are pretty good like the Audeze Mobius, or the new Senneheiser Gaming Wireless Headset. HyperX Cloud II is also a good sounding headset, but no it does not match a hardwired $350+ dollar headphone and amp combo, but isn't that kind of common sense? Wired>Wireless in virtually any application. Wireless convenience is awesome though.
  • losthunter340
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The Cheaters are starting to invade EU servers.
    It's horrible lately and only gonna get worse, DICE ignores the cheaters because a player is a player for them (they need all the players they can use so they allow cheaters I guess).
    And now they are shutting down more servers meaning more people will play on EU meaning more cheaters.

DICE FIX YOUR ANTI-CHEAT PLEASE.

https://battlefieldtracker.com/bfv/profile/origin/baocaoduyu/overview 

This guy has been cheating for weeks if not months.

This is what my point was around page 80+ somewhere, this dude arent cheating, if he where he would be a really bad one. I got better overall stats then him and I get called a cheater multiply times per day when me and my friends play... I even seen some of them complain that day here on the forums that they meeting cheaters, players need to start to understand whos acually cheating and whos not becuse so many goes on stats and some players just becuse they die fast from someone with probally better aim and reaction time then their self "THEY are cheating".

Is there a cheat problem in BF? Yeah kinda, is it as big as some of you think? Nope not at all BUT Dice/EA should take more action to those who acually cheats but players giving them a hard job on that by reporting profiles etc that dosent cheat. The blame is not only on the devs, its on the playerbase aswell who pointing on everyone who are better then themselfs.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?  Asking for a forum.   Yeah, all these guys are, "just good."

I can absolutly be wrong when it come to that person ofc, but when we discussed befor I was not wrong, but I can atleast stand for beeing wrong sometimes if I am with this person! Can you admit you where wrong befor? I guess not! :)
    When was I wrong in a discussion here?  Please link to it and I will admit I was wrong.

I am not gonna go back tons of pages to link that, but hey, you cant be wrong I guess so probally you wherent right? ;)
    Guess everyone with better stats then yourself is cheating :3
    Wow, you really don't get it.  Back to block for ya.

I will just rest my case with you lol, have a good life... Oh yeah, everyone is cheating :(
  • NN_Buzz12
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 9
    (Quote)
    I will just rest my case with you lol, have a good life... Oh yeah, everyone is cheating :(

Until EA address/fixes this issue you are correct. I don’t see it happening.

But I can trust you because you told me so? Not a chance.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NN_Buzz12 said:
    (Quote)

Until EA address/fixes this issue you are correct. I don’t see it happening.

But I can trust you because you told me so? Not a chance.
    He's just another Pelliy.  Ignore him.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bryjo3 said:

It is better, I have a pair of AKG k702's on an Creative AE-7 card that has a very powerful amp. The sound is crystal clear. I think much of audiophile is mumbo jumbo nonsense, but headphones and quality amp do improve sound quality up until about the $500 dollar price range. Past $500 you do get more quality out of cans like the Sennheister HD800 and some planar magnetics, but typically not worth the hike up in price unless you are VERY into audio.

Gaming headsets have improved over the years though. Even wireless options (while not loud) are pretty good like the Audeze Mobius, or the new Senneheiser Gaming Wireless Headset. HyperX Cloud II is also a good sounding headset, but no it does not match a hardwired $350+ dollar headphone and amp combo, but isn't that kind of common sense? Wired>Wireless in virtually any application. Wireless convenience is awesome though.
    Got an ASUS Xonar Essence STX paired with Beyerdynamics DT770 PRO...the difference from ''normal'' is amazing.
    I can also tell a huge difference on my home cinema system.
  • pajsner
    99 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 9
    (Quote)

I don't doubt your ability to discern the quality of sounds. It was just the use of "Studio reference" as a power phrase to say indirectly "I know what I'm talking about", maybe it is, because you're trying to gain reliability and respect as a streamer. If you have good stuff from the beginning and know what to do and look for, then you can basically use the EQ what you are looking for. There is no "studio reference" needed for that.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1687 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 9
    (Quote)

I don't doubt your ability to discern the quality of sounds. It was just the use of "Studio reference" as a power phrase to say indirectly "I know what I'm talking about", maybe it is, because you're trying to gain reliability and respect as a streamer. If you have good stuff from the beginning and know what to do and look for, then you can basically use the EQ what you are looking for. There is no "studio reference" needed for that.

Edit -
    Mis read the beginning of your comment my bad either way it has nothing to do with my streaming as I have been using these different products for 10 years now.

Currently have used about 5 different reference headphones(1 on hand)
    4 dac/amps (2 on hand) and about 10-11 different gaming headsets. I'm honestly just going with what I know and have experienced. My mistake if it came off as pretentious.

I mean even at a time I was going down the rabbit hole of downloading hordes of flac files and learned quickly this unvervingly expensive hobby wasnt for me.

Either way I'm not really one to care for much about viewership or follows. I've been steaming for about 6 years now. Ive already hit my peak for content and time management(I dont have alot of time as I have a career I cant detract from). So usually anything I say is only what I experience in game. Just the way it is. I guess.
    Post edited by TyroneLoyd_TV on
  • SHiFTeR
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This whole thread is just sad!  The most popular thread is about cheating and it's at 139 pages.  Hope everyone has learned there lesson about believing anything EA says. I really doubt i'll buy the next one and I have bought almost every bf game since 1942.  #pathetic 

Yep, I am a proud owner of all BF games, except Bad Company. Next BF I will not pre-order, maybe I will try at least some demo version, check some reviews at YouTube and then I will decide to buy or not. I will not buy anymore 50% game under development, like BF1 and BF5 were and according the sales they provided / or did not provided the development. They need to deserve my money for the game, not to wait, if it will be well sold or not...
  • Bryjo3
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Who knows how many are? There was a great video showing cheaters on Escape from Tarkov. The guy downloaded cheats and was watching other people ESP, they were trying to hide it very convincingly though. They would look the other way when they knew exactly where he was they would fire dummy rounds look in directions they knew people weren't to hide their wallhacks. It's hard to explain to a denier like yourself, but I encourage you to watch the video. I don't think I am allowed to link it here because it shows cheats.
    [link removed]
    For every rage hacking blatant aimbot on Asian servers how many are just using ESP or radar? People try to hide it to act like they are good. ESP turns an average player with aim into a server stomping god. The anticheat is so poor in BFV that we are forced to assume every "good" player is cheating, it's that simple. Can't understand how you don't GET that!
  • IIPrest0nII
    2288 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Bryjo3

Correct, posting such videos is not allowed. Please refrain from posting it in the future. I've removed the YT link.
  • RealAshWilliams
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Developers have abandoned the fight against cheating? 
  • I9sixty2
    84 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No. They didnt fight it. They chose to ignore it since release 2 years a go. No word. That sucks bigtime. You can loose a fight, everbody understands that but no one understands this behaviour.
  • OP_Glitchmobile
    968 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I9sixty2 said:
    No. They didnt fight it. They chose to ignore it since release 2 years a go. No word. That sucks bigtime. You can loose a fight, everbody understands that but no one understands this behaviour.
    I understand their behaviour very well: they are beeing greedy ******.
  • Foxassassin
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    I think the post I just typed up was eaten by the void, after months of not posting here. Great
  • SirBobdk
    5045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the post I just typed up was eaten by the void, after months of not posting here. Great
    Just ask one of the admins to release it.
  • ElliotLH
    9183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If you tag a mod they should be able to retrieve it for you.
  • losthunter340
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bryjo3 said:

Who knows how many are? There was a great video showing cheaters on Escape from Tarkov. The guy downloaded cheats and was watching other people ESP, they were trying to hide it very convincingly though. They would look the other way when they knew exactly where he was they would fire dummy rounds look in directions they knew people weren't to hide their wallhacks. It's hard to explain to a denier like yourself, but I encourage you to watch the video. I don't think I am allowed to link it here because it shows cheats.
    [link removed]
    For every rage hacking blatant aimbot on Asian servers how many are just using ESP or radar? People try to hide it to act like they are good. ESP turns an average player with aim into a server stomping god. The anticheat is so poor in BFV that we are forced to assume every "good" player is cheating, it's that simple. Can't understand how you don't GET that!

I havent said noone is cheating, but I know not everyone is cheating, me and my friends comes across cheaters from time to time to just stand in spawn and get kills with the support class or sniper class, yeah that happens, then we have those "possible" cases where the player might cheat but can also just be good, the thing we find wierd with these players is that they most of the time leave the game when someone acually starts to accuse them of cheating, we dont openly accuse someone becuse we dont know like I said if they are just very good players or not.

There is some ppl in this thread that I have seen accuse me and my friend of cheating and I guess I have alot of reports of my account, what happens IF I get banned due to having too many reports one day? Not that I think that will happen becuse they need evidence of someone cheating but think if it happens just becuse ppl cant make up the difference of someone beeing good or someone cheating?

Its just funny to see everyday we play that we are cheaters and even yesterday someone said it was soooo obvious that we where cheating but I wonder how it could be so obvious, becuse of my 25-2 stats? Becuse I use my sound to hear where ppl are so I can locate them really easly most of the time?

Nah, alot of ppl dont know what they are talking about and need to see the truth that not everyone is cheating just becuse they killing you real quick or killing you 5 times or having good stats or whatever.

But again, yes there are cheaters in the game, but not as many as ppl claim in this thread.
  • Foxassassin
    235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Bryjo3 said:

[link removed]

I haven't commented in this for awhile now. But like people have said a few times already. If you play games long enough you can tell when something's not right. I have lost count of how many matches I've been in lately where people had constant awareness of the exact spot everyone was in, without spotting, but still died a few times due to being overwhelmed or... bayonets *cough*, but still get free passes from "Oh they died, they can't be cheating"
    -
    This whole this is just depressing. I want to like this game. I want to play the damned thing, but when it's server after server of this.... How are you supposed to keep yourself motivated when the fun can be sapped from any server in a moment, that even in the off-chance you find a sever where by some miracle there's no one cheating, how long untill someone(s) show up and vacate it?
    -
    Then bring in custom servers. I've been trying to get everyone I talk to to STOP USING THE QUICKPLAY. Custom servers had their ToW penalties lifted, so there's no reason not to use them now. We have the ability to play games and kick people who are blatantly cheating, yet people are prefering lazy-ness and convenience over playable matches.
    -
    Seriously people. Do your part. if you see an custom server, join it.
    Yes, the admin could end up a jerk, but if there's even a chance of getting a decent lobby, that time spent attempting is worth it, and worse case scenario, just leave it and carry on.

This discussion has been closed.