Shotgun adjustments

Comments

• InS_Hypno
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    InS_Hypno said:
    Stop acting like hitting one shotgun shot is hard and that missing your shot is a guaranteed death ( it isn't, you almost always get 2 shot before you die)
    I am speaking assuming both players have the same maximum readiness. Of course if the shotgun gets the drop on the other guy he will get to shoot more than once.
    Even then the other guy with the almost 4 digits RoF will get to shoot a lot more than twice which is favorable in that mad strafing meta
    Same amount of readiness shotgun wins
    And yeah nerf the 4 digits RoF so its not a thing anymore 
    Fires to fast for the tick rate even for PC
    Than nerf shotguns
  • Hawxxeye
    7120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just want to remind that the shotguns are still on the 5.2 TTK
  • talhaONE
    843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

Finally someone else mentioned this.

Shotguns didnt buffed back at update 6.2. They used to have longer one shot kill potential.
  • Magikf1ngers
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Lol spas-12 with slugs would like to have a say for you

SPAS-12 it can, it was a piece if junk. 870MCS was better at range and Saiga-12K/USAS-12 better for enclose.

Why would you use a shotgun slug in close when you had frag.
    Originally - my statements about shotgun slug sniping BF3 were NOT about CQB - it was about people using shotguns equipped with slugs as long-range sniper rifles.  It was a huge problem back in the day.  Apparently it's not as big of a concern in BF3 as it sits now.  
    With the aim assistance CQB with slugs was possible
    Just had to abuse it
    You could do the exact same thing with sniper rifles with x8 and x12
    AFAIK - aim assist doesn't exist on the PC - which is where my experience is.  I have nerve issues in may hands, and can't use the controllers on console.

• InS_Hypno
    466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    And they're perfect like that
  • DingoKillr
    4137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    AFAIK - aim assist doesn't exist on the PC - which is where my experience is.  I have nerve issues in may hands, and can't use the controllers on console.

Controller have aim assist across platform since BF1.
  • TFBisquit
    2225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:
    Hawxxeye said:

Nah, they could use another 2 meters. I'm not complaining though, for ou I'll use it, for the other maps I use other weapons.
    In any case, I'm always against any nerf. It ruins gameplay. I prefer they bring the weaker components upto par.
    But alas, this is a live service where the incentive isn't to bring variable content on a periodic base, but to adjust/change weapons, over and over again. sometimes for the better, but mostly for the worse.
    A prime reason for me not to anticipate in a future live service.
  • InS_Hypno
    TFBisquit said:
    InS_Hypno said:
    Hawxxeye said:

Nah, they could use another 2 meters. I'm not complaining though, for ou I'll use it, for the other maps I use other weapons.
    In any case, I'm always against any nerf. It ruins gameplay. I prefer they bring the weaker components upto par.
    But alas, this is a live service where the incentive isn't to bring variable content on a periodic base, but to adjust/change weapons, over and over again. sometimes for the better, but mostly for the worse.
    A prime reason for me not to anticipate in a future live service.
    Buffing everything leads to power creep
    it will lead in more things like the 2As
    Shotguns are already powerful enough
    Make them better and they will absolutly destroy everything on metro, and dominate in any close range encounters in other map all while being at the lower end off the spectrum when it comes to the skill floor required to use them
    Its the 2A but worse, while being slightly held back by the fact it doesn't have infinite heals  it not matter too much since it OS and medics are a thing
  • Hawxxeye
    7120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    InS_Hypno said:
    Hawxxeye said:
    If perfect means sub optimal outside of almost melee range.
    We might as well replace all the shotguns outside of the Drilling with the Katana and it will do the same job better.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • DingoKillr
    4137 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Halcyon_Creed_N7 said:
    The problems I see with shotguns:
    1. Too inconsistent. Pellets are randomly dispersed within their cone, so you could have your crosshairs over 90% of a player's body, but the pellets can go to the uncovered 10% and do little to no damage even at point blank range.
    2. Their drop-off is too severe. Beyond said point blank range shotgun TTK is excruciatingly long, making them pretty much useless outside of that range, a range which other weapons, SMGs, can easily compete in. Coupled with the first point and lack of a headshot multiplier you're pretty much doing negligible damage while taking multiple seconds to kill someone who can turn around and kill you in less than half a second.
    3. Maps are too wide open as are many flags. Shotguns are too niche of a weapon and can really only be used effectively on a select few maps, so basically a waste, if other weapons like the fast firing SMGs are better in every way.
    4. The awful servers make shotguns literally unplayable for many players due to TTD and hitreg issues. I have no idea how many times I've run up on someone within 10ft, pulled the trigger and just died only to hear my shot go off immediately after I die doing 0 damage to the enemy. I play with an average ping of 25ms.

I used to like shotguns in previous games. Maybe they weren't my usual go to, but I felt capable and confident while using them. Not so in BFV. When DICE accidentally released the Ithaca I used it just long enough to get it to level 4. It took me hours and way more deaths than kills... For comparison, the M2 Carbine took me about 40 minutes.
    I agree shotguns a not good.
    1) Should have been fixed. In BF1 this was a major issue it was fixed by using randomness in a sector rather then the whole cone. Then if you have 90% covered then you are only miss with about 20%.

2) Increase damage per pellet and make the drop off not so bad, would help.  I would think instead of mass drop they could increase pellet spread creating a bigger area of effect with lower damage.

4) I usually play with 34ms. But I know the effect it worse against high pingers, I was put on a server once I did not know I was 200+ ping. I noticed the shotgun seemed weak, I then checked. I switched weapons and had better luck to the end of round then left.

CT1924 said:
    So hear me out. The Drilling is not included in any of this. Also note I am not a shotgun camper, I actually push.
    Shotguns are a weapon class that have lengthy reloads and are only effective up to 8 meters(ish). Spread make it hard to measure. The Suomi kills with a ttk that is nearly identical, and is more forgiving. It is more effective at range as well. Medic also has infinite heals to help with cqc, support does not. Shotguns are rather underpowered as a result.

Select-Fire

Now I want to add a nifty little feature-changing the fire mode dumps your shells out the bottom of the gun, and you load slugs. This would obviously take a few seconds. Only one specialization would need adjusting, so the slug spec would become high velocity slugs, with a 350 m/s velocity(normal is 300).

Ammo

Ammo counts should remain the same, so the total ammo should be cut to 15,15(normal,slugs) from 30 shells, or 20,15 from 35 shells.

Reloads

Shells are loaded one at a time. So hitting the reload button when at 5 out of 7 shells should be able to stop us from adding more shells.

Remember, shotguns are and unforgiving weapon class that is currently cqc only, and has less range than a suomi wich is more forgiving, just as effective, has unlimited heals, and has longer range.

1) Select-Fire yes I would like to select fire for slugs, frags, flechette, smoke or any of the others it could have been one of the specializations option like slugs. Just think if it was a small puff of smoke could allow shotgun user to get closer to a target.

By pressing V should allow you to put 1 Slug shell in the mag tub and then eject pellet shell before you can use the slug shell. Depend on how empty the shotguns is depends on how many times you can press V to load 1 shell. The max you should be able to load is 1 less then max so for a 5 shell shotgun is 4 slugs.  

2) Don't care if it mean I carry 10 slugs and 25 pellets that would be fine as long as they are counted separately.

3) Yes, switch weapons is not answer. you have to draw times before having the shotgun ready.  This should be advantage shotguns have for close range. 

• SpagPie
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I mean I guess they're just doomed to being highly situational - it's hard to balance shotguns in any game, let alone Battlefield. Personally, I'm not crazy about them but I know there are people who find huge success. If I ever do end up using them I usually just go with the 12g and call it a day. This right here basically sums how I feel about shotguns in general.
  • CT1924
    1170 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    There is something precious about some recon with a x6 scope aiming at you and you scoping back at them with the rifle mode of the drilling and headshoting them first.

The 6x literally tells you where to shoot.
  • CT1924
    (Quote)
    I am speaking assuming both players have the same maximum readiness. Of course if the shotgun gets the drop on the other guy he will get to shoot more than once.Even then the other guy with the almost 4 digits RoF will get to shoot a lot more than twice which is favorable in that mad strafing meta

Ever see a Suomi? More effective shotgun.
  • Hawxxeye
    CT1924 said:
    (Quote)
    I am speaking assuming both players have the same maximum readiness. Of course if the shotgun gets the drop on the other guy he will get to shoot more than once.Even then the other guy with the almost 4 digits RoF will get to shoot a lot more than twice which is favorable in that mad strafing meta

Ever see a Suomi? More effective shotgun.
    Or type 2A, the even more effective shotgun that has kinda replaced the Suomi in the loadouts of most of the Suomi users now..

• InS_Hypno
    Nerf the 2A and the suomi 

Keep shotgun as is
  • Hawxxeye
    InS_Hypno said:

Keep shotgun as is
    the problem is that there is only one "shotgun", the Drilling. the rest of the embarrassments called shotguns are melee weapons.
  • InS_Hypno
    edited June 2
    Hawxxeye said:
    InS_Hypno said:

Keep shotgun as is
    the problem is that there is only one "shotgun", the Drilling. the rest of the embarrassments called shotguns are melee weapons.
    Shotguns are fine as is
    No one wanna play a game where the close range meta is getting OS 
    Shotguns are one of the gun with the lowest bar in order to be effective and should be balanced as such
    If you wanna have range play with slugs and learn to aim
  • CT1924
    (Quote)
    Shotguns are fine as is
    Shotguns are one of the gun with the lowest bar in order to be effective and should be balanced as such

Technically 32 shotted.
    Also, the high rof gun kill almost as fast.

Keep shotgun as is

No. Nerf bad. Buff good. Okay?
    Nerfing always ends badly, buffing works far more.
  • InS_Hypno
    edited June 2
    CT1924 said:
    (Quote)
    Shotguns are fine as is

Technically 32 shotted.
    Also, the high rof gun kill almost as fast.

Keep shotgun as is

No. Nerf bad. Buff good. Okay?
    Nerfing always ends badly, buffing works far more.
    Where does that logic "no nerf" logic even come from?
    Like you think they should've left the 2A as is at release and buff everything else?
    Like aren't you guys complaining about people sliding around and one framing you?
    What do you think is gonna happen from buffing endlessly?
    And no buffing everything doesn't work it leads to power creep
    Good balancing requires both buffs and nerfs
    There's plenty of example of nerfs being the right decision both in this game ( with the 2A being the best example ) and outside of it
  • talhaONE
    843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Where does that logic "no nerf" logic even come from?
    Like you think they should've left the 2A as is at release and buff everything else?
    Like aren't you guys complaining about people sliding around and one framing you?
    What do you think is gonna happen from buffing endlessly?
    And no buffing everything doesn't work it leads to power creep
    Good balancing requires both buffs and nerfs
    Type 2A already nerfed. Its not exactly a great gun outside of Cqb now. However its still doing shotgun job better then shotguns.

Shotguns cant even one shot outside of melee range and you are keep saying "Shotguns fine". You call me clueless on the other thread yet you are the actual clueless one.