What's the better game bf3 or bfv?

Comments

• DingoKillr
    4246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Here how I see it.
    BFV - better customization of character, weapons and vehicle. Some option should not go together.
    BF3 - assignments, get 10 head shots in a round on an objective yeah. fun not!
    BFV - maps the variety is much better and have no major issue with most layouts.
    For me map variety is much better with amphious and airborne attacks. Wish it had naval too.
    BF3 - Gadgets far more useful and variety.
    BFV - vehicles just far more to choice even if a bit to slow travelling, still handle terrian better.
    BFV - hate to say it weapons even if balance is whacked and some need improvements. Different style and tactic can be used.
    BFV - game play. BF3 ended for me with 2 basic play styles, charges and campers.

Looks like I favour BFV.

• mesterKG
    122 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's been too long since I played bf3 really. But just looking at how long I stayed with each title.. Bfv wins out by a good margin and still counting.

Bfv has a lot of improvements over bf3.. Gfx in general, destruction, water physics, movement and animations.. On the more gameplay related things, I like spotting better now, I like that actions take time like the revive. The fortifications are a very nice addition..

Bfv is the better game for me.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6248 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd play BF3 again if Dice released a proper remake/remaster. But not the default version, it now feels clunky and doesn't have some things modern bf titles have.
  • SirBobdk
    5236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF3 was fun with good maps. The fun factor in BFV is just much lower and many times its frustrating and feels more like work. You have to deal with a garbage AC, huge performance and balance issues. Private servers also made a big difference. As a pilot I liked the fly mechanichs in BF3. BFV air is just the worse in the series. I have 3 maps I like to play in BFV. The rest are just garbage, unlike any other BF game. BFV is just a discount version of what BF used to be.

• Loqtrall
    12426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    RyleyMA61 wrote: »
    Every BF title has had significant hate while it was the current game - BF3 and 4 included - and as soon as they're not the latest title they all get viewed with rose coloured glasses.

This is the most real answer in this thread.

The vast majority of people in this community, whether it's the forum, reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc, seem to completely forget the fact that every single BF game had its issues and every single one was met with a similar level of vitriol and critical feedback when they were the "current" BF title.

People claim they want BC2 and BF3, that it's the best thing since sliced bread, that those games are the pinnacle of what BF is.

But if BF3 was released today with better visuals in the EXACT SAME state it is now, let alone at launch, there would be complaints stacked on complaints posted here every single day - just like there was on the Battlelog forums during its time as the current title. Hell, if it was in the same state it was st launch, this community would have an absolute meltdown and people would be screeching their heads off about BF3s myriad of horrible issues it had when it first released, and how little in the way of content it had on day 1.

Anything past the most recent 2 years is all rose-tinted glasses and nostalgia to this community. We even have droves of people comparing BF4 to BF5 and claiming BF4 is such a better game, completely ignoring the fact BF4 was a broken dumpster fire at launch and was exceedingly flawed throughout the majority of its life cycle. EA got sued over that game and it took the entirety of DICE almost 2 years to fix it, resulting in the longest span between two DICE BF releases in the history of the franchise. But now it's gold and is praised incessantly, after 3 entire years of active changes, fixes, patches, and content additions.

We'll just ignore the fact that the game was lampooned essentially throughout its entire time as the current BF title, as was BF3, BFH, BC2, BC1, 2142, and even BF1.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some interesting points here with regards to both games and others. 

One thing I really liked about bf3, was that and forgive me if I'm mistaken, but it didn't seem like a perpetual wheel of changes like bfv has.  
  • Terminator000001
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Every BF title has had significant hate while it was the current game - BF3 and 4 included - and as soon as they're not the latest title they all get viewed with rose coloured glasses.

The vast majority of people in this community, whether it's the forum, reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc, seem to completely forget the fact that every single BF game had its issues and every single one was met with a similar level of vitriol and critical feedback when they were the "current" BF title.

People claim they want BC2 and BF3, that it's the best thing since sliced bread, that those games are the pinnacle of what BF is.

But if BF3 was released today with better visuals in the EXACT SAME state it is now, let alone at launch, there would be complaints stacked on complaints posted here every single day - just like there was on the Battlelog forums during its time as the current title. Hell, if it was in the same state it was st launch, this community would have an absolute meltdown and people would be screeching their heads off about BF3s myriad of horrible issues it had when it first released, and how little in the way of content it had on day 1.

Anything past the most recent 2 years is all rose-tinted glasses and nostalgia to this community. We even have droves of people comparing BF4 to BF5 and claiming BF4 is such a better game, completely ignoring the fact BF4 was a broken dumpster fire at launch and was exceedingly flawed throughout the majority of its life cycle. EA got sued over that game and it took the entirety of DICE almost 2 years to fix it, resulting in the longest span between two DICE BF releases in the history of the franchise. But now it's gold and is praised incessantly, after 3 entire years of active changes, fixes, patches, and content additions.

We'll just ignore the fact that the game was lampooned essentially throughout its entire time as the current BF title, as was BF3, BFH, BC2, BC1, 2142, and even BF1.

That's what I'm also thinking. Just imagine playing BF3 today with it's current plane balance. The top 1% pilots will cause an even harder outrage than we have with the BF5 planes.
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »

That's what I'm also thinking. Just imagine playing BF3 today with it's current plane balance. The top 1% pilots will cause an even harder outrage than we have with the BF5 planes.
    I never played rush, but in CQ, I never personally had a problem with jets and attack choppers as a tanker aside from one small period of time when they made the jets able to one strafe tanks which got changed back fast. I think it was because most maps provided excellent cover, things like large structures etc that broke LOS. We had so many options like better secondaries for tanks with things like proxy scan so tanks could enter buildings and fight within them for refuge from great pilots. No over the top disable system, the ability to jump out fast and repair or fire a stinger or example. I found it way better than BFV.

I know rush was something else though in bf3.   
  • Terminator000001
    981 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I never played rush, but in CQ, I never personally had a problem with jets and attack choppers as a tanker aside from one small period of time when they made the jets able to one strafe tanks which got changed back fast. I think it was because most maps provided excellent cover, things like large structures etc that broke LOS. We had so many options like better secondaries for tanks with things like proxy scan so tanks could enter buildings and fight within them for refuge from great pilots. No over the top disable system, the ability to jump out fast and repair or fire a stinger or example. I found it way better than BFV.

Even Conquest could be a nightmare for the people who get killed by planes. And it was still possible for the SU-35 and F18 to get a tank in one strafe. All you needed was a full barrage of Rocket Pods where every single missile hit and your MG had to hit until it was close to overheat.

Just look at this report from me:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/1/61773676/

And this was Conquest. Scores like that were my daily bread in my best times as a pilot.
  • SirBobdk
    5236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    (Quote)

Even Conquest could be a nightmare for the people who get killed by planes. And it was still possible for the SU-35 and F18 to get a tank in one strafe. All you needed was a full barrage of Rocket Pods where every single missile hit and your MG had to hit until it was close to overheat.

And this was Conquest. Scores like that were my daily bread in my best times as a pilot.
    People who complain about planes in BFV where they can be a problem on 3 out of 19 maps must have forgotten how it was in the past. Planes in BFV are nothing compared to BF3 or any other BF game. The attack plane in BF1 was a nightmare for infantry in GO and BT. I do think though that it was a mistanke to have bombers in BFV..
  • Terminator000001
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    People who complain about planes in BFV where they can be a problem on 3 out of 19 maps must have forgotten how it was in the past. Planes in BFV are nothing compared to BF3 or any other BF game. The attack plane in BF1 was a nightmare for infantry in GO and BT. I do think though that it was a mistanke to have bombers in BFV..

Bombers were a mistake already in BF1. 🦆
  • Terminator000001
    (Quote)

Also forgot to mention that just because I was playing jets I was banned on countless servers in BF3 and later 4. Either it was from some badmin or got vote banned. To make it even worse, some badmins put me on their MetaBans list and banned me for a ridiculous period (like 10.000 years or something). The consequence was that I got banned on like around 200 servers that had MetaBans running.
  • MBT_Layzan
    (Quote)

Nice score mate, perhaps because I was on ps3 I didn't come across this kinda thing though I was hunted as a tanker on major basis by pro jets and clans because I hit number one MBT global slot with a really high k/d, it sent many to come for my dog tags, and troll my matches because they could find you and join the same server easy back then. 

Maybe it was also that I was very strategic and used the terrain way more than the average tanker too. I made it very difficult for pilots to take me out. But in BFV, this game left me with hardly any options other than to swapped to another role. Until 6.2 within pacific more or less. 

Last note, even if you lost a tank for example, it was fun back then getting back to a base for example to get another, something now gone with BFV. 
  • SirBobdk
    edited April 10
    (Quote)

Also forgot to mention that just because I was playing jets I was banned on countless servers in BF3 and later 4. Either it was from some badmin or got vote banned. To make it even worse, some badmins put me on their MetaBans list and banned me for a ridiculous period (like 10.000 years or something). The consequence was that I got banned on like around 200 servers that had MetaBans running.

Planes was stronger in BF3 and the pilots were also better. Most of the times I came up against really good pilots. But when I didnt it was easy to farm infantry. I cant do the same in BFV

• GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People must of blanked out how bad BF3 was for beta.  DICE had it where you could fall under the map if your in a crater on Metro rush.  Their easy fix was to nerf destruction.  Also Metro had the ceiling glitch where fools would take pot shots all day in that area.  MAV riders glitching to the over pass freeway or roof tops. 

Also I remember people glitching in that map pack with the pool bar gun master maps.  Suppression fire was buffed like crazy.  Felt like I got more assists then kills with LMG's.  Also broken rental servers.  What I remember for best times of BF3 was the USAS frag rounds.  But they got nerfed and almost everyone went for over powered M16.  I pick BF5.  Well at least BF5 before them patches after the Pacific maps were released.  Back then if they stayed on track game would of been decent.
  • TFBisquit
    2263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf3 wasn't as bad as some like to make out of it. Just as in any other game there were glitches and bugs. Not that I approve of these things, but they are common. They changed the weapons with consecutive patches for about 3 quarter of a year, then they kept it as it was from then on. The dlc packs were simply terrific, not to say outstanding. not every theme was favoured by all.
    As for time of release, you have to judge games as they were when released with that time period in mind.
    While we can enjoy a game with graphics from 20 years ago, you can't compare it one on one with present day graphics.
    Gameplay though, is an entirely different matter.
  • tempo_rarity
    1308 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BFV ". . feels more like work . ." -SirBobdk
    Nailed it!
    Every day Play a familiar game and expectations will remain the same - but work every day for a paycheck and you'll never really know what to expect  :p   

It's 'work' to eliminate Tanks or Planes in BFV and it often requires the help of my 'co-workers' as well , and even then there's no guarantee of success .
    It's 'work' to safely and vigilantly maneuver myself offensively almost anywhere in BFV due to the ample opportunities for camped . . 'defensive static play' tactics .
    It's 'work' to utilize my favorite weapons or methodologies for long periods in BFV because of that highly-limiting Attrition system and that Ammunition logistics issue .

Work?  But it's a game , and games are usually played not worked , right? . . except . .that's not really true with BFV though .
    Or with Chess or Monopoly or Football either , for that matter .
    Without some planning and forward thinking and heightened vigilance of any opponent , those games will also capsize just as quickly and Wins will be just a dream .

Hit Play Now in BFV though and that's exactly the sort of 'workload' that we're agreeing to , IF we want any modicum of success .
    We can 'float' while on-the-job in BFV , as I guess we could in every BF game , but in BFV there is also a fair bit of 'swimming' required , even for floaters .
    Work .

I pick BFV because it IS 'work' to Play which of course produces many fun moments , but even if it doesn't then the satisfaction of a job-well-done nicely replaces it .
    It's thus ; with this effort ; always a win-win situation . . . even in a Loss .
    The best part . . The.Best.Part , is that this required BFV 'workload' mentality is mostly as yet unnoticed by the collective and so is still in its relative-infancy .
  • MBT_Layzan
    BFV can seem like work just trying to find a decent server with a map and game mode I want to play. 
  • Plucky6922
    474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some interesting points here with regards to both games and others. 

One thing I really liked about bf3, was that and forgive me if I'm mistaken, but it didn't seem like a perpetual wheel of changes like bfv has.  

That is because any fixes/updates took 3 months at a time, unlike the BFV live service model where updates were almost bi-weekly then monthly, until the C-19 outbreak.
  • MarxistDictator
    5177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Only thing really wrong with Hardline was that it was a game no one was asking for.

Was it really? It was much less vehicle focused than BF4, which considering at that point and still to this day like 1/3 of the servers only played infantry maps (which were horrible in BF4). It’s like the game everyone wanted to play inside BF4 by standing in hallway only maps. Maybe that’s why, the maps for said infantry gameplay were actually good.