"Planes are OP" threads are based on nothing but emotion

Comments

• SOLDATxTODT
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just played a  breakthrough round on Hamada map. Two pilots , one was 77-1 and the other was 55-0. The one death came because he told everyone he needed to get the roadkill with the plane, it came at the close of the map. 
    I played a round of breakthrough on Panzerstorm on Sunday and the top score was my clanmate who had 92 kills in a tank. Another one of my clanmates got over 80 kills on conquest with the model 37 shotgun on Operation Underground. Are those OP too? 

Those are called good players that no one attempted or figured out how to stop. I guarantee if I was on the opposite team in a fighter, they wouldn't have went 77-1 and 55-0. 

I agree , you miss the point. I thought about typing a reasonable reply but I realized every thread about this you're in usually looking to start crap.
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just played a  breakthrough round on Hamada map. Two pilots , one was 77-1 and the other was 55-0. The one death came because he told everyone he needed to get the roadkill with the plane, it came at the close of the map. 
    I played a round of breakthrough on Panzerstorm on Sunday and the top score was my clanmate who had 92 kills in a tank. Another one of my clanmates got over 80 kills on conquest with the model 37 shotgun on Operation Underground. Are those OP too? 
    yes, they are
  • VOLBANKER
    1712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    (Quote)
    One guy who is good at AA doesn’t ruin the game for 32 others.
    That’s the difference between AA and planes.

My fun is ruined if some tryhards running around with Type 2A, Suomi and the 1x scope that reduces recoil. Can we get a nerf for them?
    You just got your nerf on Type 2A...
  • Terminator000001
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    (Quote)

My fun is ruined if some tryhards running around with Type 2A, Suomi and the 1x scope that reduces recoil. Can we get a nerf for them?
    You just got your nerf on Type 2A...
    I still see this gun killing on ranges which is not supposed to be effective. Also the 1x scope that reduces recoil. 
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

And how about that bazooka people have been using as an easy-mode sniper, the dynamite people love lobbing all over the place with a lethal radius on par with howitzer shells, and the overly long and controllable recoil patterns on ARs and SARs that make the effective out to extreme long range?
  • Terminator000001
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 9
    (Quote)
    And how about that bazooka people have been using as an easy-mode sniper, the dynamite people love lobbing all over the place with a lethal radius on par with howitzer shells, and the overly long and controllable recoil patterns on ARs and SARs that make the effective out to extreme long range?

I'm two sided with the Bazooka actually. If it's used at pretty close range, it's kinda cheap. But I'm honestly impressed if they hit me from a very long distance, especially when I'm moving.

Dynamite, well yeah kinda. But I'm pretty two sided with it again. You can't make it less effective against infantry without making it useless against tanks. So that's a dead end here and something we have to live with.

For recoil patterns, I'm all for it to make recoil patterns completely random. No real gun behaves like that, that the pattern is always the same. That's why I think the gunplay in CS is terrible. Also I'd like to see some kind of accuracy penalty for firing the gun for too long.
  • jroggs
    1222 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    "Just use SAA, bro."

It's not OP that planes can just tank everything thrown at them. That gunner was probably just too "emotional" every time I flew near him.
  • VOLBANKER
    1712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    Anyway, if AA and FF were fun and rewarding to use, people would be flocking to them.
    Find a game where everything is "fun and rewarding" without actually putting in much effort and I'll probably never buy such a boring steaming pile of garbage. What would be fun and rewarding to you? Being able to one-tap a plane from across the map with an AA?

When flying and an AA starts shooting at me, I don't find the strategy to attack AA as "fun and rewarding" either. I would rather dogfight or attack tanks and infantry, but if I want to stay alive, sometimes I have to do things in the game that I don't particularly find fun. I assure you, finding out a way to deal with an MAA that's camping in its spawn safe from infantry next to a resupply in a fighter is neither "easy" or "fun." 
    I actually had started writing a reply - and was 3 lines into it - when it hit me: Why bother? Apparently you’re just arguing for the sake of arguing. That’s how it seems anyway.
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    Anyway, if AA and FF were fun and rewarding to use, people would be flocking to them.
    Find a game where everything is "fun and rewarding" without actually putting in much effort and I'll probably never buy such a boring steaming pile of garbage. What would be fun and rewarding to you? Being able to one-tap a plane from across the map with an AA?

When flying and an AA starts shooting at me, I don't find the strategy to attack AA as "fun and rewarding" either. I would rather dogfight or attack tanks and infantry, but if I want to stay alive, sometimes I have to do things in the game that I don't particularly find fun. I assure you, finding out a way to deal with an MAA that's camping in its spawn safe from infantry next to a resupply in a fighter is neither "easy" or "fun." 
    It's even less fun when that AA is a towable being tossed about by it's own recoil or hidden in foliage, or when it's Assault with FF making use of cheeky cover or even just actually being mobile.
  • wiazabi
    545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    "Just use SAA, bro."

It's not OP that planes can just tank everything thrown at them. That gunner was probably just too "emotional" every time I flew near him.
    High ping does that and planes is even worse as trying to take em out can be near impossible, despite flying in a straight line you are barely getting hits on you cause netcode for whatever reason cannot keep up with high ping player and you only get hit a few times.

It is beyond unreasonable that they knew the problems with this in bf 1 and explained it in detail but raised netcode back up after the one glorious week.
  • Celsi_GER
    789 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I actually had started writing a reply - and was 3 lines into it - when it hit me: Why bother? Apparently you’re just arguing for the sake of arguing. That’s how it seems anyway.

Same thoughts here. I have stopped answering yesterday already.
  • SirBobdk
    5294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have not been flying for a while, but gave it a try yesterday on iwo and storm. Its a huge difference imo. Planes have really been nerfed. Didnt see any going on huge killstreak incl. my self. There will still be OP pilots, but I dont think the planes are OP any more. I also dont think planes are a problem on vanilla maps unless fjell. (Know the rockets on spit and mosquito are bugged right now). My guess would be than less than 1% of the player base can do good in planes as the are now.
  • King_Gibbon
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    "Just use SAA, bro."

That video shows my experience as an SAA against planes. I am usually the one to get on AA however even when I get the drop on them, hit them a few times, they just turn around and drop a bomb on me or fly so high, the AA can't hit them. Quite often I do over 100 damage but they can just emergency repair then refill by flying over the resupply uncontested. FF does 90 max damage and I am often the one guy trying to take them out. Unfortunately as people have said, the game doesn't really reward you for getting those planes killed so most people ignore them and accept the constant deaths.
  • cashm0n3y08
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Or you can't come up with a good reply
  • Terminator000001
    and accept the constant deaths.

That's a very bad trade off if people care about their stats so much.
  • cashm0n3y08
    256 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wiazabi wrote: »
    (Quote)
    High ping does that and planes is even worse as trying to take em out can be near impossible, despite flying in a straight line you are barely getting hits on you cause netcode for whatever reason cannot keep up with high ping player and you only get hit a few times.

It is beyond unreasonable that they knew the problems with this in bf 1 and explained it in detail but raised netcode back up after the one glorious week.

Go head to head with a tiger tank using a stationairy 6 pounder and tell me how it works out for the infantry guy most times. And whoever was on that AA was incredibly bad.
  • Imadis64
    141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 10
    I love making planes work for it! I can sit on AA all round if it is helping my team, my K/D be [email protected]

Put [removed] in where the 3 *** are without spaces below

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/***385/waiting_patiently_on_a_top_4_patient_pilot_but/
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Imadis64
  • Imadis64
    Saving a teammate with this one was hard to do with this gun. I kept giving the plane less lead time like I was in a 40mm AA

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/fudadk/patiently_saving_a_teammate/

• Imadis64