This Week in Battlefield V - April 13, 2020 Edition

Braddock512
1543 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited April 2020
Another week of staying home and playing games. Let's see what's on the calendar.

Monday, April 13, 2020

• This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!
  • Stream Drops - We'll be popping into random Twitch/Mixer/FB streams playing BFV and giving the streamers codes for Battlefield V giveaways.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

• #OnlyinBattlefieldV Moments of the Week - Hot new OIB moments coming in with a new weekly winner! Think you’ve got a winner? Send it our way on any of the Battlefield channels. Each weekly featured clip will be awarded a Best Community in the World emblem!

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Thursday, April 16, 2020

• Chapter 6: Week 11 Mission Begins
  • The Pacific War Playlist will remain throughout Chapter 6.
  • #ThrowbackThursdays - Let's play some BF4 and BF1 - and do some giveaways for these awesome titles! 
  • BCIW & EA PLAY 2019 Emblem Giveaways  - We'll be posting 200 codes on Reddit and Forums (each) throughout the day for you to grab. Codes will be updated on Thursday, April 16, 2020. Good luck!

Friday, April 17, 2020

• Battlefield V Quality of Life Trello Board Update - Will be updated on Fridays.
  • Stream Drops - We'll be popping into random Twitch/Mixer/FB streams playing BFV and giving the streamers codes for Battlefield V for giveaways.
  • #FRIDAYNIGHTBATTLEFIELD – Join your friends, enemies, squadmates, and lone wolves on the FIELD OF BATTLE!
Sunday, April 19, 2020
  • Battlefield V in Pictures Screenshot Contest submission window closes. Get your screenshots in now! 

NOTES AND ADDENDUMS

• MEME OF THE MONTH April 2020 - Submit a meme (check the rules for what's allowed) and you can win some cool BFV gear. 
  • Battlefield V in Pictures Screenshot Contest is currently accepting submissions. RULES Contest ends on April 19, 2020 - and then the judging will begin.
  • Battlefield V "Make Your Own Battlefield V Trailer" video contest will be starting up soon. (Think cinematic, with some gameplay, BFV music - 2 minutes max). 
  • Our global teams on all franchises continue to work to keep games going, per EA Update on the Coronavirus Situation.
  • Stay Home. Play Together
    • Company Coin Login Rewards – Login to Battlefield V within these dates to receive 1500 CC (Company Coin)
      • April 13 – 14: Login on either of these days to receive 1500 CC
  • Community Broadcast - An Update on Updates DETAILS
  • Need a Virtual Background? Our social team created some virtual backgrounds for your Zoom meetings. Feel free to grab them here.     
Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• fragnstein
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    hahaha to assume there will be many ppl streaming BFV in the first place haven't laughed that good in a few weeks.....to see EA give games away for free they must be at the breaking point now i reckon.

A streamer would be lucky to have 40 people watching
  • BillBailey0
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Bloody Origin is down again.
  • dariarty
    206 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 Performance on PS4 EU maintains its downward trajectory. 

TTK/TTD do not match, death behind cover occurs far too often. Are these issues on Dice's radar? Are they working on anything? Increasing the server Hz from 30 to 60 in the smaller game modes? Ping caps? Do they even know what's causing these issues after 17 months? 

Any news you can provide would be appreciated, at the moment V just feels very unsatisfying to play. 
  • rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020
    hahaha to assume there will be many ppl streaming BFV in the first place haven't laughed that good in a few weeks.....to see EA give games away for free they must be at the breaking point now i reckon.

A streamer would be lucky to have 40 people watching
    All the BFV streamers are making Warzone videos now and when they are making BFV videos the titles are things like "More bad news for BFV" "DICE have killed their own game" "BFV what went wrong?" Modern Warfare is a haven for BFV refugees now. The thing is I don't think MW is as good a game as BFV could/should have been if that makes any sense. They could have kept building on 5.0 but they just decided to shoot holes in their lifeboat. Obviously DICE having to work from home because of Covid isn't DICEs fault but lets be honest it's not like things would have gotten much better anyway is it? Given how this games decline is basically down to intentional design decisions.
  • uncleduddley
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's very sad to see how this debacle plays out, bfv is lacking in so many areas it's scary, but sometimes you have breif flashes off the bf moments & game can occasionally be fun, it lacks any kick **** maps/modes, I miss the season pass as the dlc packs were always fab & a break from the vanilla maps, the recent ddos is just more humiliation, cant imagine many more maps are in the pipeline, it's very sad what they have done to a previous amazing game, no bf4 comeback this time
  • CT1924
    1354 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020
    * Battlefield V "Make Your Own Battlefield V Trailer" video contest will be starting up soon. (Think cinematic, with some gameplay, BFV music - 2 minutes max). 

Oh shoot, 2 minutes for the trailer? 1.5 speed maybe... dang.
    Yeah I'm at 2:50, and 1.5 speed will probobly work.
  • VeccZyy
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 3 has seen a VERY healthy player-base over the past few weeks and it's really cheap on Origin. I recommend picking it up if you don't already have it (it's only 45(ish)GB total too) Definitely should run that for a #ThrowbackThursday event :)))
  • CT1924
    1354 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 wrote: »
    * Battlefield V "Make Your Own Battlefield V Trailer" video contest will be starting up soon. (Think cinematic, with some gameplay, BFV music - 2 minutes max). 

Oh shoot, 2 minutes for the trailer? 1.5 speed maybe... dang.
    Yeah I'm at 2:50, and 1.5 speed will probobly work.

Just got thinking, would 2:29 round down to 2 minutes. It works on 1.25 speed, not 1.5. Could always just use a portion maybe... Decisions decisions!
  • CrashCA
    1430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1.25 will work
  • Braddock512
    1543 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Before you start cutting it down. The rules aren't finalized. 
    I'm looking at what is realistic for the timeframe of the submission window and what would be realistic to judge to have the winners announced on the anniversary of the reveal of BFV (May 23, 2020). 

It will definitely have some of the following requirements:
    • Absolutely no watermarks. You can have an intro slate and exit slate, but no watermarks. 
    • It can be pure cinematic or cinematic + gameplay or gameplay + snips from the official trailers (still debating this one). 
    • Absolutely no 3rd party music. (I know - there's a ton of awesome music in the world that makes trailers bump, but if we are to showcase this on official channels and in-game - which is the plan - we can't have any copyright concerns.) 
    • MINIMUM of 1080p (preferably also 60fps, but not a requirement)
    • Submission must be a YouTube link - but we do request everyone keep their master file handy in case they are a finalist or winner. We'll need the file to ensure we can upload the best version into the game UI/social channels. 

I'll get the rules locked down and we'll post them next week. 

-Braddock512
  • CT1924
    edited April 2020
    I'm looking at what is realistic for the timeframe of the submission window and what would be realistic to judge to have the winners announced on the anniversary of the reveal of BFV (May 23, 2020). 

It will definitely have some of the following requirements:* Absolutely no watermarks. You can have an intro slate and exit slate, but no watermarks. 
    * It can be pure cinematic or cinematic + gameplay or gameplay + snips from the official trailers (still debating this one). 
    * Absolutely no 3rd party music. (I know - there's a ton of awesome music in the world that makes trailers bump, but if we are to showcase this on official channels and in-game - which is the plan - we can't have any copyright concerns.) 
    * MINIMUM of 1080p (preferably also 60fps, but not a requirement)

* Submission must be a YouTube link - but we do request everyone keep their master file handy in case they are a finalist or winner. We'll need the file to ensure we can upload the best version into the game UI/social channels. 

-Braddock512

Ooh, didn't think about the music. Thanks for the headsup. Is public domain, past bfv trailer music, and bfv soundtrack okay? And are folk songs okay? I think those are public domain. This is a general question, that anyone who knows more abot copyrights than me.
  • PoorMatador
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would appreciate if you could pass on to the developers to not implement another weapon class like the anti-material rifles in another BF game again. Doesn’t fit into the game play, just an absolute nuisance in every sense of the word. Snipers as 1 shot headshots are enough bc hey that actually takes some skill. You know what doesn’t take any skill at all? Laying prone (practically invisible with BFV visibility) behind an objective and 1 shotting people no matter where you hit them. They aren’t hard to counter but god DAMN they’re annoying. Get sniped in the head and I’ll give the guy props for hitting a good shot, get 1 shotted in the leg by a skill-less gun in a game that generally requires skill to be decent at and it makes me want to turn off the game
  • CT1924
    CT1924 wrote: »

It will definitely have some of the following requirements:* Absolutely no watermarks. You can have an intro slate and exit slate, but no watermarks. 
    * It can be pure cinematic or cinematic + gameplay or gameplay + snips from the official trailers (still debating this one). 
    * Absolutely no 3rd party music. (I know - there's a ton of awesome music in the world that makes trailers bump, but if we are to showcase this on official channels and in-game - which is the plan - we can't have any copyright concerns.) 
    * MINIMUM of 1080p (preferably also 60fps, but not a requirement)

* Submission must be a YouTube link - but we do request everyone keep their master file handy in case they are a finalist or winner. We'll need the file to ensure we can upload the best version into the game UI/social channels. 

-Braddock512

Ooh, didn't think about the music. Thanks for the headsup. Is public domain, past bfv trailer music, and bfv soundtrack okay? And are folk songs okay? I think those are public domain. This is a general question, that anyone who knows more abot copyrights than me.

Also, is EA music okay? Like Red Alert Soviet March?
  • Bensatankki
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am so hopefull after all updates , but getting really sad and disappointed. Have been playing bf since bf1942 . Its sad you cant stop cheating, almost 50% of rounds have a cheater, thats why firestorm is dead. Really looking for another game to play. 
  • Braddock512
    @CT1924
    RE music: It will be limited to any song on the Official Battlefield Soundcloud. (BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV music).

-Braddock512

• CT1924
    @CT1924
    RE music: It will be limited to any song on the Official Battlefield Soundcloud. (BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV music).

-Braddock512

Thank you!
  • NoCTuRrNaL
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 these guys are high experienced players, talking about watermarks, master links, and slates. I'm the average Joe, all me and my buddies want are the simple basics, the battlefield5 app, where we can use our personal made badges, platoon control, load out preferences. Keep the coward cheats out, crap as simple as keeping related squads together. Hate having two squads in the same chat and then next game being on opposite sides. I usto be a devoted call of duty guy, then was introduced to BF, and i never went back. Most of my buddies went back but I still refuse to betray BF. I'm an ex-socom player, and this is as close as I can get to that, on my knees I'm asking, please fix the issues, I don't want to go back to call of duty, craps made for idiots. whiskey and a good bf5 game is all we need. :)
  • Reizenstyle1
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA server is down and you cant even play! Horrible server no question!
  • ChinggisKhan89
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can someone give me some help?

I played BF5 back in Nov 19 (moved house etc so didn’t play for ages)

Back playing now...

I was using the Krag J sniper, was fun to use and I was able to headshot at distance close range etc did really well considering I’m not very good. Was getting sometimes 40 odd kills a game.

Now using the gun I can’t headshot anyone at any kind of distance. I’m able to get good scores with assault class and support etc so it isn’t that I’m rusty.

Has there been some kind of change with this specific gun? I’m sometimes shooting at ppl and it’s not registering that I’m physically shooting sometimes quite close distance and nothing even after repeated shots above head below aiming at body and changing distance from 75m to 150m etc.

Maybe it’s just me I dunno.
This discussion has been closed.