What other games do you play apart from BF1?

seanfitzg
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I've been playing a lot of BF1 during the lockdown, and I'm looking to try out something else for a bit of variety.  I figured I'd post here, as I might get some ideas from BF1 fans, given we might like similar games.

What do you also play, and really enjoy?

Apart from: 
- BF5 (I already have it, and play it from time to time, not as bad as people say, but not in the same class as BF1 - as discussed at length in 1 million other threads here)
- Titanfall 2 - a good game, excellent single player, still play it, but online hasn't grabbed me as much as any of the BF games.
- Any third person shooter or platformer.   I cannot abide third person view in a game (apart from when it's a vehicle).

(Anyone play the Madden on the PS4?  I played it a lot on the old Sega Genesis/Megadrive, and it was always fun.  Worth my cash?)

Comments

• BadWellzy89
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf4 and SWBF2
  • AmosBurton_GER
    947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020
    None.
    This is why I am always so furious about the existing issues with the game (no anticheat, no team balance, messed-up spotting, Anti-Air options too weak) or new issues (messing with the TTK):
    Ruining BFV for me means ruining my whole online gaming.
    I am too old to keep 2 different muscle memories for 2 different shooters, and everything which is not a shooter is boring to me.

Edit:
    Oh, saw it too late, the question is about BF1, not BFV. Sorry.
  • disposalist
    8984 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Just went through Far Cry 5 and am playing Far Cry New Dawn. Good story and not too bad shooter aspects (and some vehicle play). Haven't tried the multiplayer.

Of course, Borderlands (any and all of them). Again, the single player, not the multiplayer.
  • Titan_Awaken
    1344 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Currently having a great time with DOOM Eternal and Red Dead Redemption 2. DOOM has some platforming (nothing too bad) and RDR2 is well, a third person game but they're both great fun. Borderlands 3 and Sekiro also.

If it's no trouble, may I ask why you don't like games that use third person perspective? You're missing out on a lot of phenomenal games that use TP like The Witcher 3, Spiderman PS4 and Resident Evil 2 (Remake) just to name a few. 

p.s: This probably belongs in the off-topic section, lol.
  • seanfitzg
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bf4 and SWBF2
    Stupid question, but you can choose to play Star Wars BF2 in first person in online, correct?
  • seanfitzg
    Currently having a great time with DOOM Eternal and Red Dead Redemption 2. DOOM has some platforming (nothing too bad) and RDR2 is well, a third person game but they're both great fun. Borderlands 3 and Sekiro also.

If it's no trouble, may I ask why you don't like games that use third person perspective? You're missing out on a lot of phenomenal games that use TP like The Witcher 3, Spiderman PS4 and Resident Evil 2 (Remake) just to name a few. 

p.s: This probably belongs in the off-topic section, lol.
    To be honest, I don't know why I don't like third person.  It has just never felt right, especially the shooting aspect, which just never feels correct in my head.  It's also why I almost NEVER get on a horse in BF1.  And you're dead right, I'm certainly missing out on a lot of great games, but every time I try third person I get bored really quickly.  Maybe I haven't found the right game!  Also, I posted it here, and not off-topic because I wanted to find out what BF1 players play.
  • BadWellzy89
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    seanfitzg wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Stupid question, but you can choose to play Star Wars BF2 in first person in online, correct?

Yh you can switch. But if you don't like 3rd person it might not be for you as 1st person you are at a disadvantage on seeing your surroundings. Its much harder in 1st person. Plus heros and certain reinforcements only have 3rd person view.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Mk11 , gta5
  • Ronin9572
    1423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    PS4 guy here. I'm back to playing BF1 after taking a break from Red Dead Online, and the Division 2. Been trying Warzone but having a tough time with it. H1Z1 is still fun, and so is Battlefront 2. Recently purchased Civilization 6, and just DL'd Dirt Rally2.0 today! I used to be more of a RPG and RTS guy before I switched back to console, but now it's mainly shooters now. But I'm always looking for a good driving game!
  • RossP317
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    With servers down yesterday I had a shot at CoD MW multi-player.

Stupidly forgot to disable cross play. Some guy got 80 kills in a round while everyone else averaged under 10. Instant log off after single round.

Back to BF1 this morning.
  • disposalist
    8984 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    RossP317 said:

Stupidly forgot to disable cross play. Some guy got 80 kills in a round while everyone else averaged under 10. Instant log off after single round.

Is that PC/console crossplay? Hilarious! Welcome back ;^)
  • RossP317
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

Yup. I'm PS4.

Honestly can't see point of PC gaming now. Yes graphics are great and gameplay smoother. But what's point with cheats in just about EVERY game?
  • disposalist
    edited April 2020
    RossP317 said:
    (Quote)

Yup. I'm PS4.

Honestly can't see point of PC gaming now. Yes graphics are great and gameplay smoother. But what's point with cheats in just about EVERY game?
    There are far from cheats in every game in the EU. More than worth it to have 100FPS with 1440 lines and high-res graphics ;^)  And I would take low res and FPS to have responsive mouse and keyboard in an FPS.

I play console too, don't get me wrong. But mouse and keyboard for a shooter feels soooooooooooooooo much better.

And I didn't mean to insult console, really. If you're used to it, it's fine, but cross-play with PC is hilarious, I meant. The mouse and keyboard and FPS advantage is enormous.
  • Ronin9572
    RossP317 wrote: »

Yeah I did the same as well. Took me a few games to realize it was crossplay. The regular game was hard enough, but the gulag is where you could really tell the difference!
  • Skill4Reel
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Destiny 2 is my most played game currently.  It used to be where I would take a break from Battlefield to play the Destiny series, but now I take breaks from Destiny 2 to get a Battlefield 1 game in every now and then.  I want the FPS games that I play to be different.  I don't want my Battlefield experience to remind me of Destiny.  This is one of the main reasons why I detest assignments in Battlefield, because when I play it I would like to get away from this stuff.  I don't care for loot ad challenge rewards when I play Battlefield.  The other team should be my main challenge, and defeating them is my reward. 

Anyways.  Now that I have that rant out of the way.  I did just start playing Borderlands 3 as well.  Hopefully the next Battlefield will have a co-op campaign.  As I've always found it odd that this series has always been about squad play, but the campaigns don't allow us to play them as a squad.  Maybe a co-op campaign in Battlefield would go a long way in teaching players to already be good teammates before they get online in multiplayer matches.  
  • ElliotLH
    9770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not many as I don't have much free time. I will play Fallout 76, BFV, BF4, BFH on occasion though. I did also reinstall GTA to play online with some friends recently too, but that just mostly reminded me why I stopped playing it in the first place unfortunately.
  • Ronin9572
    Just downloaded Uncharted the Nathan Drake Collection which is free on PS4 right now. I never played these on PS3 and my 1st game that I played which came with my PS4 was Uncharted 4. That's an amazing game btw.
  • boutneus
    2484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ronin9572 said:
    Just downloaded Uncharted the Nathan Drake Collection which is free on PS4 right now. I never played these on PS3 and my 1st game that I played which came with my PS4 was Uncharted 4. That's an amazing game btw.
    Thnx for the heads up, the collection is free and so is UC4 now with ps+ which I never played be4
  • giu_gana
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I' ve revisited team fortress 2, if you are a pc player ( in the us because eu is full of bots and cheaters), i recommend you try it, it' s free to play and stupid fun, pure no-**** gameplay.
  • Ronin9572
    boutneus wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Thnx for the heads up, the collection is free and so is UC4 now with ps+ which I never played be4

Not a problem! Im having a blast playing.