BattleField 1 / V Low Performance =(

DineiSPBR
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Hello people!

Could you please help me?

I recently formatted my computer and installed BF1 and V.

However, I realized that I am having low performance.

I usually play between 100 and 120 fps, but BF 1 and V are running at 60-70 FPS = (

I've done everything:

- Reinstalled BF 1 and 5
- Updated Nvidia Drivers
- Uninstalled driver using DDU and tested older driver
- Updated directx
- I revised the video settings (200 frame rate, future rendering ON, V-sync OFF
- I formatted the computer again, AND AGAIN ... = (

Different franchise games work normally.

My computer is a 4790K @ 4700GHz + 1080TI + NVMe SSD + 2x8GB RAM DualChannel + Monitor 2560x1440 165Hz

What do I do? = (((

Comments

• OskooI_007
    1322 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd download MSI Afterburner and use the in-game performance display to see if your CPU or GPU is running at 100%.
  • DineiSPBR
    I'd download MSI Afterburner and use the in-game performance display to see if your CPU or GPU is running at 100%.
    According to Afterburner, CPU usage is around 50-60% and GPU 50-55%
  • OskooI_007
    1322 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 19
    Since GPU usage is low, that means the CPU isn't feeding it enough frames. Since CPU usage is also low, I would check temperatures to see if the CPU is thermal throttling.

If the CPU isn't thermal throttling, then I'm not sure why CPU usage is so low.

Did you install the chipset drivers for your motherboard?
  • DineiSPBR
    edited April 19
    Since GPU usage is low, that means the CPU isn't feeding it enough frames. Since CPU usage is also low, I would check temperatures to see if the CPU is thermal throttling.

If the CPU isn't thermal throttling, then I'm not sure why CPU usage is so low.

Did you install the chipset drivers for your motherboard?
    I thought about that too. The CPU temperature is OK.

It's below 70 degrees. What is normal for an overclocked CPU.

Yes, I installed all the chipset drivers.

I find it very strange because other games have normal performance.

I tested BF 4, Apex Legends, Forza Horizon, CoD, Project Cars. They are all normal.
  • Jinko_itx
    777 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    a 4790k is not going to be able to push a 1080 ti, memory bandwidth wise, your video card is twitling its thumbs waiting for more data to come thru....you need atleast a 8700k to use the full potential of that card
  • CSO7777
    1883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 22
    Jinko_itx said:
    a 4790k is not going to be able to push a 1080 ti, memory bandwidth wise, your video card is twitling its thumbs waiting for more data to come thru....you need atleast a 8700k to use the full potential of that card
    An 8700K will perhaps be a little faster with a 1080TI, but when CPU usage is only 50%, then the CPU is most likely not bottlenecking the GPU. The GPU-usage should be way higher, an 4790K is not a slow CPU.

When BFV launched, I had an I7-2700K (even older CPU) and a GTX1080 that ran BFV with 100+ FPS in 1440p (with ultra/medium settings), something is not right.
  • bigguyhawaii
    397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 23
    Come on guys he said what he used to get using the same equipment. All he did was reload.

Did you set nvida settings to
    Power to high
    Quality to performance

Set windows power to high, there’s a extreme power in windows 10 now. If it’s not an option google it and it’ll show you how.

And the sorry response is make sure you’re monitor is plugged into the gpu. Sorry just asking.

Don’t listen to the bottle neck guys. You’re not benching marking, you’re just trying to get back to where it was before the reload. You know you can do it because you did it before. I was running 2 980s on a 990 board 8350 and I got 130-170 on mixed settings.
  • SaxonRah
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i bet its your ram being 1600 mhz or 1333 mhz being a huge bottleneck. Overclock ram to 2200 mhz, lower all timings in bios, it will boost by around 20 and gpu usage will increase to around 80-90%, overclock cpu cache if its possible with 4790k. i had i7 4770 and overclocking ram helped to boost fps by 20 after tweaking all possible timings and increasing mhz. New games require at least 45-50 gb/s of memory bandwidth, the max you can do with ddr3 dual channel is around 40 gb/s if im not wrong. I went from 4770 to 5820k and the fps increase was insane, no more stutters or freezes in any game, i used it with 1080ti. i have 5960x 8 core cpu, everything is flying, BF 5 can utilize 10 cores if not more. 
  • SaxonRah
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Remember than overclocking CPU core speed without increasing ram bandwidth can lead to 0 fps increase because in most cases its a bottleneck.