Question: Spitfire s dumbfire missiles are here to stay or it s glitch?

iwashighwayman
159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I just wonder if in Dice s book everything s allright with those missiles deleting everything on ground

Comments

  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I dont think so. Its a bug they are going to fix. Just like the German MAA was bugged for a period.
  • ElliotLH
    9555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm under the impression that it's a bug with them using the Staghound missiles damage values (not been noted as such on the Trello board yet though). I got taken out the other day, by the Mosquito which also had those missiles, when I was in a tank and it wasn't pleasant. At least I got some sweet revenge on them afterwards lol.
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    I'm under the impression that it's a bug with them using the Staghound missiles damage values (not been noted as such on the Trello board yet though). I got taken out the other day, by the Mosquito which also had those missiles, when I was in a tank and it wasn't pleasant. At least I got some sweet revenge on them afterwards lol.
    Honestly, I don't mind them using the Staghound damage, it still takes most, if not all the rockets to actually hit in order to get the kill.  It actually bothers me more when the same weapon (in this case the rockets) deals such vastly different damage when used by different people before being affected by any differences in perks or skill, even more so when said weapon is an explosive whose end power is entirely independent of what fired it.

    The rockets could use a bit of an accuracy nerf in some form, but that would also just make them better at farming infantry.  They do need the damage though, if they can't kill a tank in a single pass the tank will just repair back up to full and get hit by the plane again, and again, and again.
  • ElliotLH
    9555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Honestly, I don't mind them using the Staghound damage, it still takes most, if not all the rockets to actually hit in order to get the kill.  It actually bothers me more when the same weapon (in this case the rockets) deals such vastly different damage when used by different people before being affected by any differences in perks or skill, even more so when said weapon is an explosive whose end power is entirely independent of what fired it.

    The rockets could use a bit of an accuracy nerf in some form, but that would also just make them better at farming infantry.  They do need the damage though, if they can't kill a tank in a single pass the tank will just repair back up to full and get hit by the plane again, and again, and again.

    I was a bit salty at the time admittedly, but ultimately I do not mind if they hit me with the full barrage, as at the very least they had to aim. I'd agree that they could do with an accuracy nerf (assuming it was intended. In which case the Axis planes should get the same option so they can splat allied tanks too haha).

    I'm not sure if I'd be totally comfortable with killing tanks in a single pass though, and would be happy dealing similar damage to the rockets on the Pacific planes. At least then you could probably resupply and have a chance at finishing them off before they're fully repaired. Perhaps that's just me feeling guilty about it though.
  • PonyCereal
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    (Quote)
    Honestly, I don't mind them using the Staghound damage, it still takes most, if not all the rockets to actually hit in order to get the kill.  It actually bothers me more when the same weapon (in this case the rockets) deals such vastly different damage when used by different people before being affected by any differences in perks or skill, even more so when said weapon is an explosive whose end power is entirely independent of what fired it.

    The rockets could use a bit of an accuracy nerf in some form, but that would also just make them better at farming infantry.  They do need the damage though, if they can't kill a tank in a single pass the tank will just repair back up to full and get hit by the plane again, and again, and again.

    I was a bit salty at the time admittedly, but ultimately I do not mind if they hit me with the full barrage, as at the very least they had to aim. I'd agree that they could do with an accuracy nerf (assuming it was intended. In which case the Axis planes should get the same option so they can splat allied tanks too haha).

    I'm not sure if I'd be totally comfortable with killing tanks in a single pass though, and would be happy dealing similar damage to the rockets on the Pacific planes. At least then you could probably resupply and have a chance at finishing them off before they're fully repaired. Perhaps that's just me feeling guilty about it though.
    Yeah i'm not totally sure about that argument, i mean if they're commenting about tanks leaving to repair and etc...by that logic flieger should be able to one shot a plane too in a single burst as well because otherwise the plane flies away to repair and etc... I doubt the latter would be as supported. 


  • ElliotLH
    9555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PonyCereal wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yeah i'm not totally sure about that argument, i mean if they're commenting about tanks leaving to repair and etc...by that logic flieger should be able to one shot a plane too in a single burst as well because otherwise the plane flies away to repair and etc... I doubt the latter would be as supported. 

    I don't want to speak for @StealthAria but if we look at it as tanks being a major force multiplier then there probably is an argument for it. In return, as planes are one too, then there is indeed also an argument for the flieger being able to OHK a plane (didn't mind it when it was doing that personally, as it just made me more careful in the air) like you say. As I said though, I'd be content with a similar damage model as the Pacific plane rockets.
  • PonyCereal
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    PonyCereal wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Yeah i'm not totally sure about that argument, i mean if they're commenting about tanks leaving to repair and etc...by that logic flieger should be able to one shot a plane too in a single burst as well because otherwise the plane flies away to repair and etc... I doubt the latter would be as supported. 

    I don't want to speak for @StealthAria but if we look at it as tanks being a major force multiplier then there probably is an argument for it. In return, as planes are one too, then there is indeed also an argument for the flieger being able to OHK a plane (didn't mind it when it was doing that personally, as it just made me more careful in the air) like you say. As I said though, I'd be content with a similar damage model as the Pacific plane rockets.

    I don't think the flieger was ever able to 1hk a plane, it just used to be significantly easier to hit.
  • MammiBoo
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played one CQ game Panzerstorm experiencing damage output vs ground targets. The game was a normal Cq match. My k/d with VB 39 k/d and 32 vehicle destroys. Had like 5 SAA, 5 fighters, and 5 bombers the rest were light vehicles and tonks. Why I chose Panzerstorm is because it is easy to choose the direction and angle of attack.

    It is glitched for sure but somehow I can't explain one thing:
    If you hit tanks right in front armour, you will need 2 strafes to finish them off. And by hit I mean all rockets hit the front side armour no matter is a light tank or heavy tank or MAA.
    If your rockets hit any other angle, with top attack vehicle is doomed/ohked.

    So, considering my experience,(considering all rockets hit the target) conclusions are vs full health targets:
    Vs flesh, damage output is fine;
    Any fixed AA, cannon hit by them kills operator and for vehicle destroy you need second strafe unless the gadget is already hit.This is fine;
    Any light vehicle, jeeps, infy transport vehicles, motorbikes hit are a sure kill. This is fine;
    Any tonk no matter light or heavy including MAA, hit angled from front but not top attack is disabled. This is fine if attack is 90 degree angle for the rest see below;
    Any tonk hit with top attack either if 2 rockets hit front armour and the rest top attack or a combo in between them is ohk.This is not okay, cause they should do slightly more damage than G2's rockets, so it is logical to have more damage output with VB's cause has more rockets than G2 but it isn t logical G2 to be so weak vs ground targets in comparison with VB.

    To be balanced G2 should have a damage output compared to VB weakness in dogfight. While a good pilot with VB can sustain dogfights, a good pilot with G2 can help ground only by choosing vehicles already lit or infys.   

    So, should be reverted to VB to its initial state.
  • ElliotLH
    9555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PonyCereal wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I don't think the flieger was ever able to 1hk a plane, it just used to be significantly easier to hit.

    When it was first released it did if all the projectiles hit. It was a funny surprise the first time I flew when people were using it 😆
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MammiBoo wrote: »
    Played one CQ game Panzerstorm experiencing damage output vs ground targets. The game was a normal Cq match. My k/d with VB 39 k/d and 32 vehicle destroys. Had like 5 SAA, 5 fighters, and 5 bombers the rest were light vehicles and tonks. Why I chose Panzerstorm is because it is easy to choose the direction and angle of attack.

    It is glitched for sure but somehow I can't explain one thing:
    If you hit tanks right in front armour, you will need 2 strafes to finish them off. And by hit I mean all rockets hit the front side armour no matter is a light tank or heavy tank or MAA.
    If your rockets hit any other angle, with top attack vehicle is doomed/ohked.

    So, considering my experience,(considering all rockets hit the target) conclusions are vs full health targets:
    Vs flesh, damage output is fine;
    Any fixed AA, cannon hit by them kills operator and for vehicle destroy you need second strafe unless the gadget is already hit.This is fine;
    Any light vehicle, jeeps, infy transport vehicles, motorbikes hit are a sure kill. This is fine;
    Any tonk no matter light or heavy including MAA, hit angled from front but not top attack is disabled. This is fine if attack is 90 degree angle for the rest see below;
    Any tonk hit with top attack either if 2 rockets hit front armour and the rest top attack or a combo in between them is ohk.This is not okay, cause they should do slightly more damage than G2's rockets, so it is logical to have more damage output with VB's cause has more rockets than G2 but it isn t logical G2 to be so weak vs ground targets in comparison with VB.

    To be balanced G2 should have a damage output compared to VB weakness in dogfight. While a good pilot with VB can sustain dogfights, a good pilot with G2 can help ground only by choosing vehicles already lit or infys.   

    So, should be reverted to VB to its initial state.

    You shouldn't compare the weapons if one of them is obviously bugged. If you gonna compare them from pre-patch state, you'll get a better look.

    Before 6.2, the Dumbfire Missiles dealt around up to 80 damage on a tank (if every missile hit), while the 21cm rockets deal around 60-70 if hit on a good angle. But I'm not sure about that, since I'm flying the G6 right now suited for dogfighting and with this loadout I don't have the rockets anymore.
  • MammiBoo
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MammiBoo wrote: »
    Played one CQ game Panzerstorm experiencing damage output vs ground targets. The game was a normal Cq match. My k/d with VB 39 k/d and 32 vehicle destroys. Had like 5 SAA, 5 fighters, and 5 bombers the rest were light vehicles and tonks. Why I chose Panzerstorm is because it is easy to choose the direction and angle of attack.

    It is glitched for sure but somehow I can't explain one thing:
    If you hit tanks right in front armour, you will need 2 strafes to finish them off. And by hit I mean all rockets hit the front side armour no matter is a light tank or heavy tank or MAA.
    If your rockets hit any other angle, with top attack vehicle is doomed/ohked.

    So, considering my experience,(considering all rockets hit the target) conclusions are vs full health targets:
    Vs flesh, damage output is fine;
    Any fixed AA, cannon hit by them kills operator and for vehicle destroy you need second strafe unless the gadget is already hit.This is fine;
    Any light vehicle, jeeps, infy transport vehicles, motorbikes hit are a sure kill. This is fine;
    Any tonk no matter light or heavy including MAA, hit angled from front but not top attack is disabled. This is fine if attack is 90 degree angle for the rest see below;
    Any tonk hit with top attack either if 2 rockets hit front armour and the rest top attack or a combo in between them is ohk.This is not okay, cause they should do slightly more damage than G2's rockets, so it is logical to have more damage output with VB's cause has more rockets than G2 but it isn t logical G2 to be so weak vs ground targets in comparison with VB.

    To be balanced G2 should have a damage output compared to VB weakness in dogfight. While a good pilot with VB can sustain dogfights, a good pilot with G2 can help ground only by choosing vehicles already lit or infys.   

    So, should be reverted to VB to its initial state.

    You shouldn't compare the weapons if one of them is obviously bugged. If you gonna compare them from pre-patch state, you'll get a better look.

    Before 6.2, the Dumbfire Missiles dealt around up to 80 damage on a tank (if every missile hit), while the 21cm rockets deal around 60-70 if hit on a good angle. But I'm not sure about that, since I'm flying the G6 right now suited for dogfighting and with this loadout I don't have the rockets anymore.

    I ve said just that. Aside front damage everything is ohk. This means output damage is 130 or so as the max health is. I am not comparing vb output in current state to g2. I am comparing vb initial with g2. It is illogical to have now full ohk vs 80 and if this was really intended it is illogical g2 to have a trash damage compared to current vb.
    My question still stands why front damage is not ohk. And I fear this was intended by devs, which in my opinion only shows how they managed this pos. And live service lmao.
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:
    (Quote)
    Honestly, I don't mind them using the Staghound damage, it still takes most, if not all the rockets to actually hit in order to get the kill.  It actually bothers me more when the same weapon (in this case the rockets) deals such vastly different damage when used by different people before being affected by any differences in perks or skill, even more so when said weapon is an explosive whose end power is entirely independent of what fired it.

    The rockets could use a bit of an accuracy nerf in some form, but that would also just make them better at farming infantry.  They do need the damage though, if they can't kill a tank in a single pass the tank will just repair back up to full and get hit by the plane again, and again, and again.

    I was a bit salty at the time admittedly, but ultimately I do not mind if they hit me with the full barrage, as at the very least they had to aim. I'd agree that they could do with an accuracy nerf (assuming it was intended. In which case the Axis planes should get the same option so they can splat allied tanks too haha).

    I'm not sure if I'd be totally comfortable with killing tanks in a single pass though, and would be happy dealing similar damage to the rockets on the Pacific planes. At least then you could probably resupply and have a chance at finishing them off before they're fully repaired. Perhaps that's just me feeling guilty about it though.
    Yeah i'm not totally sure about that argument, i mean if they're commenting about tanks leaving to repair and etc...by that logic flieger should be able to one shot a plane too in a single burst as well because otherwise the plane flies away to repair and etc... I doubt the latter would be as supported. 


    FF can get a second and even a third shot off at planes as they fly past and resupply all shots in mere seconds.  Planes only get one pass every minute, less if there's any kind of resistance.  If there's AA up anywhere on the map, that one run might be the only run the pilot gets that entire round.
  • iwashighwayman
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    FF can get a second and even a third shot off at planes as they fly past and resupply all shots in mere seconds.  Planes only get one pass every minute, less if there's any kind of resistance.  If there's AA up anywhere on the map, that one run might be the only run the pilot gets that entire round.
    To who? To some flying snail who will circle u at low altitude? Pilots i see ingame u will be lucky to hit em once with ff, they dont fly in line, they move all the time and they move fast. Maybe some braindead zombie let u hit 3 times with ff.
    Btw buff saa and buff ff.
  • Terminator000001
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    FF can get a second and even a third shot off at planes as they fly past and resupply all shots in mere seconds.  Planes only get one pass every minute, less if there's any kind of resistance.  If there's AA up anywhere on the map, that one run might be the only run the pilot gets that entire round.
    To who? To some flying snail who will circle u at low altitude? Pilots i see ingame u will be lucky to hit em once with ff, they dont fly in line, they move all the time and they move fast. Maybe some braindead zombie let u hit 3 times with ff.
    Btw buff saa and buff ff.

    Get the pilots in their weak moments; when they fly a straight line for their gunrun.
  • cashm0n3y08
    267 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    FF can get a second and even a third shot off at planes as they fly past and resupply all shots in mere seconds.  Planes only get one pass every minute, less if there's any kind of resistance.  If there's AA up anywhere on the map, that one run might be the only run the pilot gets that entire round.
    To who? To some flying snail who will circle u at low altitude? Pilots i see ingame u will be lucky to hit em once with ff, they dont fly in line, they move all the time and they move fast. Maybe some braindead zombie let u hit 3 times with ff.
    Btw buff saa and buff ff.

    Get the pilots in their weak moments; when they fly a straight line for their gunrun.
    If only these infantry only players knew our "weak moments" lol. Kinda have to fly in order to figure that out, luckily for us they avoid planes like the plague, have no idea how to counter properly, and just come on here and complain. 
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    FF can get a second and even a third shot off at planes as they fly past and resupply all shots in mere seconds.  Planes only get one pass every minute, less if there's any kind of resistance.  If there's AA up anywhere on the map, that one run might be the only run the pilot gets that entire round.
    To who? To some flying snail who will circle u at low altitude? Pilots i see ingame u will be lucky to hit em once with ff, they dont fly in line, they move all the time and they move fast. Maybe some braindead zombie let u hit 3 times with ff.
    Btw buff saa and buff ff.

    Get the pilots in their weak moments; when they fly a straight line for their gunrun.
    If only these infantry only players knew our "weak moments" lol. Kinda have to fly in order to figure that out, luckily for us they avoid planes like the plague, have no idea how to counter properly, and just come on here and complain. 
    Exactly, they pay so little mind to planes until they get wrecked by one, and they continue to ignore them until they hop on the forums to complain.

    Planes are not very fast in BFV, at full throttle they can't even out run the FF's rockets (which infantry claims are slow!)  FF has 600 meters of range both incoming and outgoing, meaning FF coverage has a diameter of 1200 meters, it takes planes more than 6 seconds to fly across this on an attack run, giving you time for 2 shots after they enter your range, 3 if you preemptively fire to intercept them as they enter your range.  This massive range also forces pilots to actually take out AA in order to stay in the air (one person can lock down the entire map or blockade a pilot behind their spawn)
  • PonyCereal
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    FF can get a second and even a third shot off at planes as they fly past and resupply all shots in mere seconds.  Planes only get one pass every minute, less if there's any kind of resistance.  If there's AA up anywhere on the map, that one run might be the only run the pilot gets that entire round.
    To who? To some flying snail who will circle u at low altitude? Pilots i see ingame u will be lucky to hit em once with ff, they dont fly in line, they move all the time and they move fast. Maybe some braindead zombie let u hit 3 times with ff.
    Btw buff saa and buff ff.

    Get the pilots in their weak moments; when they fly a straight line for their gunrun.
    If only these infantry only players knew our "weak moments" lol. Kinda have to fly in order to figure that out, luckily for us they avoid planes like the plague, have no idea how to counter properly, and just come on here and complain. 
    Exactly, they pay so little mind to planes until they get wrecked by one, and they continue to ignore them until they hop on the forums to complain.

    Planes are not very fast in BFV, at full throttle they can't even out run the FF's rockets (which infantry claims are slow!)  FF has 600 meters of range both incoming and outgoing, meaning FF coverage has a diameter of 1200 meters, it takes planes more than 6 seconds to fly across this on an attack run, giving you time for 2 shots after they enter your range, 3 if you preemptively fire to intercept them as they enter your range.  This massive range also forces pilots to actually take out AA in order to stay in the air (one person can lock down the entire map or blockade a pilot behind their spawn)

    The whole maximum on paper range is a pretty bad argument though. Unless a plane happens to be flying in a straight line directly towards you, good luck actually hitting one anywhere near that range. You'd probably have better luck trying to snipe the pilot out with a rifle. I doubt even a aimbotter can blast planes with the flieger at max range.

Sign In or Register to comment.