The Final Patch: What will DICE break, permanently?

cashm0n3y08
265 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Does anyone have any faith that nothing will break in the next and final patch? Since something major has broken on just about every patch since launch, I think it's safe to say DICE will leave us with some game breaking bug that we will have to live with for the rest of the game's life cycle.

What could go wrong?

Hopefully it won't be as bad as the invisible soldiers, or the "seizure screen" or the patch the broke the plane hit boxes, that was fun as a pilot.

Man, what a disaster

Comments

• rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How to kill a franchise 101
  • KMAsterisk
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mmgs will be able to laser hipfire across the map.
  • CT1924
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KMAsterisk wrote: »
    Mmgs will be able to laser hipfire across the map.

I know its a joke, but pick up an mg42 in combined arms. It has better unbipodded ads than default.
  • Netranger9
    209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They cant get much else wrong,can they.

• ElliotLH
    9545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think it'll be a combination. When you're downed it's not possible to respawn, and a screen appears saying "unable to fetch your report".
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ffs it's not the final patch. It's the end of content additions. Freeman literally said there would still be patches to improve performance and even change community games after June. There just won't be new chapters or content to go with them.

Did most people literally only read the initial tweet on the BF Twitter page or something?
  • VOLBANKER
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In all fairness DICE has said that they will fix critical issues onwards also
  • VOLBANKER
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    But I guess what actually constitutes a critical issue is a matter of interpretation.

A "last minute"-balancing screw up may not be included, who knows.
  • Celsi_GER
    861 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What about the yearly update in November to ruin the gunplay to attract Christmas Noobs?
    Will we be spared this year?
  • Killerplautze5XL
    166 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly do not know what will be permanently broken after the last update has finally arrived. However one can be pretty certain about that the system of microtransaction is not going to get corrupted. 
  • olavafar
    2261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is almost impossible to guess what they will break and even if they will continue to patch it I hope they do not do any fatal mistakes.  I would guess any patch will not come soon after (or maybe it will if we talk 'DICE soon').
    Every one of those patches will also feel like high risk operations.
  • Teusz1
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With this final patch they could introduce crossplay, so PC cheaters have their opportunity to infest console fanbase. Also another TTK switch to make game unfun forever. Also they could release all these crazy cosmetics from first trailer for free, so battlefield will be flooded by female bionic commando.
  • NuttysKunKs
    564 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BFV was rushed to look crap so the next title seems much better.

Either that or battlefield is dead.
  • jroggs
    1224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One more post to remind folks that they said the summer update would be the last content update, not the last update period. The game will definitely not be fixed by the time DICE stops actively working on it, but they'll be on top of things as long as servers are up and I don't see them being so cynical as to just abandon BFV with common game-breaking issues.

I genuinely expect DICE is done trying to make big overhauls to the gameplay. So for better or worse, what exists right now is mostly how the game is going to be from here on out.

BFV will forever be a failure, but it will be a playable failure.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    More servers will be closed, only EU or US servers will remain ...

And to "compensate" for that, the "lag compensation" will even be raised higher, so you will only be able to die in cover all of the time and the TTD will be so fast you don't even notice you are shot at ...

And maybe they will even do a first try at crossplay, so we can all enjoy the PC cheaters ...
  • cashm0n3y08
    265 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Ffs it's not the final patch. It's the end of content additions. Freeman literally said there would still be patches to improve performance and even change community games after June. There just won't be new chapters or content to go with them.

Did most people literally only read the initial tweet on the BF Twitter page or something?
    Loqtrall wrote: »

Do you believe everything DICE says? After everything that has went down with this title you are still taking their word as gospel. Man you are dense.
  • cashm0n3y08
    LMAO remember when DICE said at launch the live service will follow the timeline of the war and update content accordingly? Yeah we all saw how that worked out, yet people believe DICE when they say they will continue patching the game as if we will still get monthly patches after this last update. How many times ya'll gunna believe these empty promises?