New Opportunities With Battlefield 1

PSJackman4
471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
As you have all heard, EA and Dice have cut support for Battlefield V, and it is estimated that the next Battlefield game won't be released until 2021. But what are Dice and EA going to do in that giant gap? I feel that it is an opportunity to go back to BF1 and add some new content. Battlefield 1 as a whole is a solid game, but you can add on to it. They can add new factions like Serbia, Greece, Japan, Bulgaria, and many more. It would be cool to see some operations maps where the Japanese take German colonies in the pacific. Or the battles in the German colonies in Africa. Maybe some Bulgaria vs Serbia maps? There is so much more they could do with that marvelous game. 

Comments

• BtheReaper49
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I vote for additional BF1 support
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PSJackman4 wrote: »
    But what are Dice and EA going to do in that giant gap?

Develop the next BF game.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not sure about others but I'm downloading BF1 right now.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    556 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Already had it installed :p
  • TeamHOFF86
    301 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020
    Nothing comes for free.

I just hope that they're hunckering down and developing BF 2021.
  • zenn_nme
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Wow haha, same here. re-installing right now. :D
  • AmosBurton_GER
    947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After the series of fails repaired (gunplay) and unrepaired (anticheat, permanent team unbalance, unbalance between air units and antiair, over-complicated squad mechanics full of bugs and and and...) issues in BFV I am not looking forward to a new BF created by EA/Dice.

They should use the time to find a competent developer studio to transfer the rights on the BF franchise to and then restructure Dice to develop smartphone apps in future.
  • Blackidus
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Already had it installed :p
    It has never left my computer :smile:
  • Skill4Reel
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry.  I can't get behind the idea of the dev team taking time away from the next Battlefield game to add more content to Battlefield 1.  Personally I think that Battlefield 1 has enough content, and if that isn't enough before the next game releases.  Then I guess that I could finally force myself to play Battlefield V more than I have been doing. 
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is nobody playing it,i just went on to see and every game is empty in the server browser eu xb
  • BtheReaper49
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There is nobody playing it,i just went on to see and every game is empty in the server browser eu xb

That's not true. Over here in the US on East Coast I find plenty of full servers for Operations, TDM, etc. I have to imagine that there are plenty of people playing in EU as well. Might want to refresh that server browser🙂
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would pay for an extra and new BF1 DLC ... if it would have BF1 quality.

But I think the artists/devs that made all of that great content have already left the company ...
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA should of kept Visceral games.  Best to have three teams making a game each within a two year gap or so.  Since DICE LA is making the new Battlefield later 2021 or early 2022.  Long ways off and next gen systems.  Could of used another team releasing a game by now really.  Since BF5 coming to a end in June.
    Should of had another Battlefield or some new IP of a shooter out within the time frame.  But having a game out yearly like COD is kinda over done as well. Time you buy it and get use to it the hype train for the next game is in full gear.  I'd love a Medal of Honor Warfighter 2.  But EA wanted to kill that game off fast.  I guess them dev's wanted to have another DLC and EA said no.
    But since next gen games this Fall.  I don't really spend to much on this gen any more.  Yeah I did buy Stranded deep.  But most of that money was free Microsoft rewards money.  I'll probably just milk out Rainbow Six Siege and Stranded deep until June then maybe check out the last DLC map for BF5 for a bit till next gen system hype train gets rolling with more news on new games.
  • PSJackman4
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    EA should of kept Visceral games.  Best to have three teams making a game each within a two year gap or so.  Since DICE LA is making the new Battlefield later 2021 or early 2022.  Long ways off and next gen systems.  Could of used another team releasing a game by now really.  Since BF5 coming to a end in June.
    Should of had another Battlefield or some new IP of a shooter out within the time frame.  But having a game out yearly like COD is kinda over done as well. Time you buy it and get use to it the hype train for the next game is in full gear.  I'd love a Medal of Honor Warfighter 2.  But EA wanted to kill that game off fast.  I guess them dev's wanted to have another DLC and EA said no.
    But since next gen games this Fall.  I don't really spend to much on this gen any more.  Yeah I did buy Stranded deep.  But most of that money was free Microsoft rewards money.  I'll probably just milk out Rainbow Six Siege and Stranded deep until June then maybe check out the last DLC map for BF5 for a bit till next gen system hype train gets rolling with more news on new games.
    and if Ea kept off of Visceral Games we could have Dead Space 4 :(
  • Moorlander
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No point continuing to play BFV, grinding for meaningless rewards and next to impossible assignments for that final gold piece. Just enjoy BF1, a far superior game. There is also COD for those who want to work towards active rewards with some longevity.
  • Moorlander
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I vote for additional BF1 support

Noooo, this lot would only break the game!
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    LA is not working on any BF titles at the moment. Actually there is no LA anymore because EA wanted to make a completely different studio and focus them on different things. Vince Zampella from Respawn is now in charge of former LA and there is no info what's going to happen next.

• heresPaul
    352 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I reinstalled BF1 last week, it was weird at first, BFV conditions you to crawl around a lot but it’s not really a thing in BF1, there’s lethal grenades exploding all over the place, it’s way more rough and tumble which I liked as a change