This Week in Battlefield V - April 20, 2020 Edition

2»

Comments

• CT1924
    1354 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fragnstein wrote: »
    Thanks for meaningfully supporting the game with "live service" for a whopping year and a half.  Way to go buddy. I would like to express my thoughts, but it doesn't matter,  the decision has been made

Meanwhile over at CoD, they are getting updates and added content....

For future reference,  focus less on cosmetics and more on gameplay content.

To be fair, they needed to pay for development. I am mad too, but let's be reasonable.
    Cue angry mobs.
  • penorz
    40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They fooled me on this one and strung me along for a year and a half. I keep saying I’m done with BF then come back but it won’t happen again.
  • BruceWillii
    738 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey. They updated the ingame fonts yesterday. Now the game is way better, isn't it?
  • rorypreston
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iQuercus said:
    Hi,

Can we get an update on the anti cheat efforts?
    Some anti cheat answers would be nice:
    Why can't FairFight detect obvious "100-0 in the first 2 minutes shooting from the spawn into the other spawn at the start of the match" cheaters and ban them immediately?
    Why did Origin stop sending confirmation e-mails on the player reporting option?

Any update would be appreciated. Some stats on # players banned would be nice.
    CoD can do it, why can't EA/DICE comment on it?
    Hackusations are rife because the anti cheat efforst are failing.
    As it stands now it feels like nothing is being done about it.

So please acknowledge this rampant issue.

They've just announced an end to the live service in June so it looks like from launch to the end of the games life-cycle they will have gotten away with doing absolutely nothing. Bear that in mind when BF6 is announced. Also consider the amount of man-hours put into breaking promises they made to the community.
  • fragnstein
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:
    Thanks for meaningfully supporting the game with "live service" for a whopping year and a half.  Way to go buddy. I would like to express my thoughts, but it doesn't matter,  the decision has been made

To be fair, they needed to pay for development. I am mad too, but let's be reasonable.
    Cue angry mobs.
    Pay for development?   You saying they are strapped for cash? You realize ea has almost 5 billion in cash and cash equivalents and are goning to spend 2.4billion over the next 2 years repurchasing shares
  • fragnstein
    853 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 said:

Cue angry mobs.
    Are you saying ea is strapped for cash?  You know they are spending 2.4 billion over the next 2 years repurchasing shares  and have almost 5 billion in cash.  
  • SaxonRah
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We need DLSS 2.0 implemented pls. 
  • CrashCA
    1430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ^^not likely, are you paying attention.?
  • CrashCA
    1430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020

And the indies (HLL and PS) are releasing expansion and updates. Pretty sad !!
  • BillBailey0
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My advice to everyone is to vote with your feet and completely stop playing BF 5. Then boycott any new games brought out under the Battlefield heading.
  • ShinjukuGagball
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield V is the perfect example on how NOT to do a Battlefield game, right from the start, all the  hype about groing back to it's roots, the horrible reveal trailer and so on,,,, It's been a rocky road for sure, and I have put in a lot of hours! And I guess I will be playing som more. But killing the game off already..man the situation over at DICE must be even more dire than I expected. 
  • jroggs
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Braddock512 @EA_Tom The TWIB post implies the May update is still happening. Can we get clarification on whether this holds true or if it's being rolled into the June update?
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs said:
    @Braddock512 @EA_Tom The TWIB post implies the May update is still happening. Can we get clarification on whether this holds true or if it's being rolled into the June update?

you are aware that it is not in their power to tell us anything anymore, and even if it were to come out whats the point anymroe? this game is done and dusted DICE might as well just not bother close the servers and be done for good with it. save everyone the hastle
  • Braddock512
    1543 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @jroggs The May update (6.6) is still coming in May, to be followed by the June content update.

-Braddock512
  • RorDie8995
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey @Braddock512
    I apologize for my english and I know that this will maybe sound awkward....but. I want your opinion on my content...cause you are community connection to the company...I really wanted to enter to the contest  for trailers,but I can't due 2 reason...one cause my region is not listed and two cause of complications that we are living in I can't get to my pc...Before this I've used to create trailers for battlefield v and posted on reddit forums and I have some on my channel...would you be kind enough just to see are any of them worth watching at all? I tried to create action ones that will hype you for the game...and when this crisis is over I will create more...but until that could you check trailers on my channel?  here is the playlist or just type rideordie8995 on yt :) I don't need promotion just personal opinion ^^ thanks in front
  • Braddock512
    1543 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    @RorDie8995
    Sure, bud. I'll take a look.
    Stay safe.

-Braddock512