Live Service is finished

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    7960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This segment is always relevant in times like these
  • DerDoktorMabuse
    460 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @fs2097: You have a good point, mind to discuss it with the german federal constitution court?
  • SirBobdk
    5338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    Imagine if they’d used BF1 as a foundation for BFV and then added weapon customization as in BF4. And focused on making interesting maps instead of just pretty maps. Then made a first trailer with a D-Day map with boats aiming for the shore as on Iwo Jima BT. They would have sold a ton of copies of that game.
    Agree. They had the formular for succes in terms of sales and number of players.

• DerDoktorMabuse
    460 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Funny how the community goes mental while the first gents already open (symbolical) the purse to throw money at EA/DICE for the next BF, despide the fact that "everyone" calls them liers and is deeply disappointed... i mean how can you even think about the next BF?
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1586 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What EA wants to see in the next Battlefield: More gullible customers like the ones above.  "Oh, I'm sorry, honey, it won't happen again.  I just got angry."  You folks have Stockholm Syndrome.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    587 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In your opinion, what was the moment of doom for this game? I tend to agree with this post:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/g8kwcv/big_oof_time

How about you?
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER said:
    Imagine if they’d used BF1 as a foundation for BFV and then added weapon customization as in BF4. And focused on making interesting maps instead of just pretty maps. Then made a first trailer with a D-Day map with boats aiming for the shore as on Iwo Jima BT. They would have sold a ton of copies of that game.

well if you change construction workers repeatedly while mid-work you will get a bad house even if the foundation is solid. DICE wanted to reinvent the wheel and came out with a triangle. sure it spins but requires just too much work to make it work and thus we are now here
  • bigiain
    401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Probably when they decided to add a battle royale mode. I think that set in motion lots of the other changes - more animations, more character customisation, elites, the weird mash up of hardcore light - and used resources that were desperately needed elsewhere before launch. The game needed a few more maps and a hardcore mode at launch.
  • SirBobdk
    5338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What EA wants to see in the next Battlefield: More gullible customers like the ones above.  "Oh, I'm sorry, honey, it won't happen again.  I just got angry."  You folks have Stockholm Syndrome.
    Haha like that.
    The problem is that there are not many alternatives if people want to play a casual combined warfar game.
    EA can see that and count on people forgetting all the BS when the next BF game is annonced. 
  • SirBobdk
    I hope most remember this and dont pre order BF6, but wait and see if they throw the same BS at us again.
  • ScUTaRO1
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

• Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The implication of "we’ll add new content and new ways to play Battlefield V in FY21" is that they'll continue to add content for the entirety of FY2021 and not just for Q1 then effectively retire the game to the back-burner. At worst, someone can see this as a lie and at best it could be viewed as a half-truth; none of which reflect positively for EA. A WW2 game with no Eastern Front, no Battle of Berlin and no D-Day is like a pizza with no toppings. Disappointing (and that's putting it more politely than they deserve).

I will nonetheless edit that post to prevent the spread of misinformation. Spreading misinformation has never been and never will be my intent regardless of how much I dislike what they've done with this game.

No, saying you'll add content and new ways to play BF5 in FY21 implies that they'll do just that. Provide content and new ways to play IN FY21. What you're accusing them of claiming is that they'll provide content THROUGHOUT FY21.

That's aside from the fact that June is not the end of BF5 despite a ton of ill-informed nobodies making videos about it after reading a single line of text about the announcement. After June, we're still getting updates to the game to fix issues, we're still seeing changes to community games (with a potential Hardcore option as well), and we're still going to be getting weekly challenges and Playlist updates.

A ww2 game without major battles you're interested in is still a ww2 game. Its not as if the battles featured in the game are "less ww2" than the major battles you wanted to see, which have been done to death by other ww2 games of the past. And implying DICE deserve rude insults or something because they didn't give you the exact ww2 game you wanted is pretty damn childish. It's a video game.

• Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall I called them liars?

You really need to start reading things fully before write War and Peace.

At no point have I called them liars, I mearly passed on an interesting post from Titan_Awaken.

They may have been 'economical with the truth' to satisfy that statement or they intended to continue with 'content' throughout FY2021 but for 'reasons' have decided to cut their losses.

It may even be that June was always intended as the cut off for content but that seems bizarre given a supposed 'Live Service' and how much of WW2 hasn't been explored in game.

No one but DICE/EA know why.

NOTE: I should have perhaps said 'potentially' when stating that they have curtailed content prematurely.

You quoted, in agreement with, a post that blatantly called EA liars based on false info about dates, and then when it was brought up that the dates were false, you doubled down on your defense of such of a claim by saying "And?", insisting it still hasn't been then entire FY21 and that April to June is just a quarter.

Sorry if I interpreted you blatantly agreeing with a guy who called EA liars, to the point you cross-posted from another thread, as you agreeing that EA are liars - which was the entire point of the dude's post.
  • Skill4Reel
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I can't be the only person that is tired of playing the objective based game modes in Battlefield the way that they are currently being played.  I just loaded up Battlefield 1 (the only Battlefield game that I was still playing) and was so disgusted by what I was experiencing in my first few conquest matches that I shut the game down less than five minutes into the second match.  Personally I don't care what the theme, war, or time period for the next Battlefield is.  I just want my experience in objective based game modes to be improved all around, and that means features that prioritize team play and wining matches.  All of this Tides of War, assignments, and challenge reward stuff has got to go. 

Battlefield needs an improved voice chat system where it is incorporated into the glorious return of Commander Mode.  The difference this time is that the Commander will have direct voice communication with squad leaders only.  While squad leaders can switch chat between the commander and their sqaud.  When it comes to competitive Battlefield, I think DICE has been going about it all wrong.  The Commander is the head coach.  The play maker.  The eye in the sky relaying vital information to the rest of the team.  This is one of the most important positions in Battlefield, and a player should have to earn the ability to be a Commander.  The same with squad leaders.  If a player is not a competent squad leader, then there is no way that he/she should be a commander.  All of this should be a part of the ranked area of the game for Platoons that the next Battlefield game. 

32 VS 32 Conquest is the foundation of the multiplayer in this series.  Any kind of competitive multiplayer in Battlefield that is not focused around this game mode with this amount of players is a waste of time.  The large scale objective based game modes in Battlefield are some of my favorite in all of video games.  Only I think that it is a shame that we get to so rarely play them to their full potential because there are usually no teams on these servers.   
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh dear.......
  • Loqtrall
    Plucky6922 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Dictionary . com , since well, a dictionary is where you get the definition of a word, correct?

Lmao, a dictionary is where you get the definition of singular terms, not phrases. Not only is "Downloadable Content" not even defined in actual, physical dictionaries, but it's not defined on other professional dictionary sites like Marriem-Webster, and the site you said you used even lists the term defined as "dlc" (yes, even in all lowercase) and not even "Downloadable Content". If you look up "Downloadable Content" on Dictionary.com, it isn't a defined term.

Which is ironic and strange that they have "dlc" defined, because their site claims they use Webster's Random House dictionary as a source, and on Webster's site there is no definition for the term listed. It sounds like a term and definition some random person added to the site, a la Urban Dictionary style. You're not going to find the definition of downloadable content in an official dictionary source. Its defined by the two terms used ('Downloadable' and 'content') in regards to the medium it belongs to (video games).

Nowhere, in any instance in the entire history of the video gaming industry, has the existence of DLC been dictated by whether or not its optional. It's still content and if it's delivered in a digital medium you have to download it. At this point you're semantically arguing just to argue.
  • emu1981
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020
    GRAW2ROBZ said:
    trip1ex said:
    LIve SErvice ended up roughly equivalent to Premium and yet it was free.  The game though...

--snip--
     Oh well.  I'm switching from XBOX1 to PS5 and crossing my fingers Socom has a comeback.  Socom 1 and 2 were glorious.  I guess I was spoiled back then. Heck Socom 2 has 22 maps on launch day.  That's when dev's cared.
    Maps are a hell of a lot bigger and more complicated these days compared to back in 2002 which means that they take more time and effort to produce.  This is why global illumination via ray-tracing is a good thing for developers as it will cut down the work required to light up a map naturally.  Instead of having to place your visible light sources (e.g. the sun, lanterns, candles) and then go through and add in invisible light sources to make sure that things are lit up like they should be, you can just add in your visible light sources and play around with their positioning.

As for switching, I am planning on switching from PC to (probably) a Xbox Series X as, in theory, there are little to no cheats on the consoles.  The amount of people not "playing fairly" has really put a downer on how much I have enjoyed playing BFV (and the recent announcement by EA/Dice has made things worse).  I would go PS5 but with a Xbox I can take advantage of the game pass to play games on both PC and the Xbox.

• emu1981
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For the next Battlefield game I would like to see EA/Dice have a firm vision on what they want to release and stick to it - no panicked switching of the game themes near launch because some people had a cry about "women in their war games".  I also want to see a solid anti-cheat, none of this letting people ruin servers for weeks on end before they get banned.  Better balance with planes would be nice as well, maybe have a set amount of bombs and gun ammunition in reserve that you have to land your plane to replenish so that people cannot just spam bombs across the entire battlefield all round long.
  • Hawxxeye
    7960 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF3 gameplay style + BF2 commander (not BF4's tablet outsiders)
    BF3 style private servers.
    Proper visibility without stupid lighting effects.
    Proper optimization so that one does not need a new 1000 euro PC to run without poor performance
    Not a single infantry class that is good at everything
  • AmosBurton_GER
    950 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    * Better AC and transparency
    * Private servers with full control

* Improved performance
    * Playing Commander
    * Improved balance (Teams/weapons/classes/vehicles)
    * Hardcore and normal - no more semi light hardcore

* Improved server browser (tickets left, player stats)

* Better map design and vehicle play

* DLC and not live service
    * No microtransactions
    * No assigments or boins

* No upgrade trees - Back to old system
    * Better fly mechanichs
    * No 3th view bomb circle

* No Bombers

* No Attrition but limited ammo for planes/tanks
    * No semi sniper simulator - only 3x zoom for scout.

* 6 x zoom sniper should be pickup
    * Return to 6 classes
    * Better visiability - no more hide and seek

Thumbs up, I have nothing to add, you have covered everything I would have mentioned myself.

EDIT:
    - Working AntiCheat