Live Service is finished

Comments

• Tosasan_HUN
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dont  need to cry funboys its not to end they only say last update come in june but how things work in dice/ea the question is whats year?
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    From the first reveal trailer (which got horribly dislike bombed) till the last update, this game has been nothing but a disappointment.

Farewell, BFV. Rest in mediocrity, where you always have and will belong.
    Mediocrity is giving the game far too much credit.

This game is like going to a 25th high school reunion, and running into ex girlfriends from high school.

Or, to quote Princess Leia, "You came in that thing?"
  • SirBobdk
    5332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020
    • Better AC and transparency
    • Private servers with full control
    • Improved performance
    • Playing Commander
    • Improved balance (Teams/weapons/classes/vehicles)
    • Hardcore and normal - no more semi light hardcore
    • Improved server browser (tickets left, player stats)
    • Better map design and vehicle play
    • DLC and not live service
    • No microtransactions
    • No assigments or boins
    • No upgrade trees - Back to old system
    • Better fly mechanichs
    • No 3th view bomb circle
    • No Bombers
    • No Attrition but limited ammo for planes/tanks
    • No semi sniper simulator - only 3x zoom for scout.
    • 6 x zoom sniper should be pickup
    • Return to 6 classes
    • Better visiability - no more hide and seek

Post edited by SirBobdk on
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    what they forgot was a game needs substance, passion, vision and a sense of direction not just look pretty.
    DICE management wanted to push an agenda no one wanted and they got their pay-check for it
  • Plucky6922
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020
    I was willing to pay for more.

I made it clear why I am disappointed, but will say it again, my journey of WWII is ending before reaching the end of WWII.
    Reading that the live service was ending after Tides of War Chapter 6, that one more content update in Summer with one map and some weapons would be it, that was a shock to me.
    If BFV would of been Premium DLC model, we would of known what was coming, 18 months ago, instead of being left in mystery 95% of the time, during that time.
    I can only imagine how the people that were looking forward to a Eastern Front, then a Western Front, how they feel.
    Have seen many posters talk about not being able to imagine an AAA WWII game without more factions, like the Russians.
    I feel for them.

I never said BF3 was more complete.
    I made no comparisons at all in my post.
    I gave examples of completed games with DLCs.
    I said nothing about content of said completed game(s).

How I determine DLC or not?
    For me that is simple.
    If a game can be played solely without the additional content, the additional content is DLC.
    If a game can not be played without the additional content, it is not DLC, it is now a required part of the game.
    I guess I would call that updates, instead of DLC.

I never said that my opinions dictated anything, they are just my opinions.
    Much like how your opinions dictate nothing, but they are your opinions.
    Post edited by Plucky6922 on
  • SirBobdk
    5332 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They forgot that a good BF game deals with good map design, balance and gameplay and especialy vehicles.
    They forgot how to implement vehicles with their focus on infantry orientered gameplay.
    Their focus was more on microtransactions, upgrade trees, assignments, boins and customazations.
    Instead of continuing with what worked, they tried to change too much and it was not well received
    Then they tried to make a semi light hardcore hide and seek game instead of hardcore and normal.
    And the lack of AC and private servers was just very diserpointing from a PC point of view.
    Imo we came to play on anonymous servers with anonymous players. The community and clans that once made BF great disappeared.

• ScUTaRO1
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

• ScUTaRO1
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020
    BFV could have been an epic WW2 game, but EA/DICE has destroyed it. 

I'm really mad at them as a WW2 fan. 
  • SithMetal71
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 2020
    Not one response from Dice about how unhappy the community is. I have stopped playing BF V now, tried for half hour yesterday and immediately lost interest. In fact i am not looking forward to next patch, Dice can run and jump the damage is done.

Do they realise how upset the community is?

Do they realise that BF6 will be a failure due to lack of sales?

Do they realise that they should not waste their time with another game as it will be futile to work on BF6 due to the backlash of the community?

Do they realise they cannot be trusted any more?
  • ScUTaRO1
    edited April 2020
    I support your topic.

Everybody knows they realise, answer is simple they don't care.  
    Post edited by ScUTaRO1 on
  • Elephante33
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello freinds,

I've been an old fan of yours, I've played every BF fame since 1942, from the seat of my computer to the seat of cyber cafes with freinds, and so have garnered a deep passion for your games. In fact I bought the game upon release, the very same day.
    However, it is with great disappointment that i hear, through a twitter reply, that the game is coming to an end.

One point I'd like to contest though, and quite vehemently, is that the Swedish dev team needs to, if not admit to the public, be aware of the reality of the situation. 
    It was stated that the reason this iteration failed was due to a focus on single player and battle royale, and I regret to inform you, should you not already know, that this is not accurate at all. Last Tiger and Tirailleur were probably some of the best WW2 single player content I've played in a while, and this from someone who also indulged in Medal of Honour.

the reasons why this iteration failed to meet demands is because:
    1. the project lead insulted the entire player base because of his political views
    2. pushed the game to appease SJWs instead of remembering who their player base is, which shows a deep disconnect with the community and a flippant attitude towards your customers
    3. Focusing on a ''Go Woke or Go Broke'' business model, not realising that all the signs were there even back then that that just leads to Broke, and now unfortunatly BFV is part of that statistic

this was all before the game even released in full, now if I may be so bold, consider the follow:

4. the game released full of bugs, which most could be taken on the chin as long as the promise of improvement was kept
    5. the map quality may have been high, but quantity was painfully low, all content could be explored in but a few hours play, never a good sign for a game with Battlefields name
    6. upon firing the project lead with....vocal political views to put it politely, the community let out a sigh of relief, unfortunately this good action was done a bit too late, though I applaud the efforts of the team to try to catch up
    7. and finally, I shall address the Tiger Ausf B in the room, the funky uniforms and cartoonish cosmetics are not only unwelcome in such a game, but quite frankly inappropriate for a game that tries to keep in mind the brutality of the war but still be fun

These factors, these affronts to us, your patrons, your long time fans and adorators of your works, are the reasons this game failed. DICE may publish whatever they desire as a reason why, as long as in their hearts they remember this is the real reason why. 
    If I may be so bold in my closing statements, who ever enforced these sweeping decisions should be tasked with making a new shooter game, as they clearly dont want to make a Battlefield game. 

I hope, my freinds, that this letter has not been too long, and that you shall take these criticism to heart, as your fans dearly wish to support you, but cannot tolerate this any longer.
    Eternally yours, 

Elephante33

*sips cognac*
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    12 or even 6 months ago, I would agree that comparing BFV to previous titles, especially in terms of content, would have been disengenuos.

As BFV is now at the effective end of it's life cycle, again in terms of content especially, it is not unreasonable to compare 'finished priducts'.

I played BF4 a couple of days ago for the first time in ages. Whilst there are still obvious flaws, I had a right hoot.

At no point have I had that in BFV.

I (regrettably) bought the BFV deluxe edition for £80 and paid much the same for all previous titles plus Premium.

In my opinion, all previous titles with Premium were better value even taking 'issues' into account. Even had I just bought the base game, I don’t think I would have been satisfied especially given the gameplay desicions taken.

Bare in mind that on numerous occasions at the beginning, I was very clear that the Live Service should be given the benefit of the doubt until such time as the Live Service concluded.

Now that we are here, I find it lacking.

@Loqtrall it should be noted that this:

Well luckily for those of us living in this plane of reality, what qualifies as content is not dictated by the subjective whim of completely random people on the internet

Includes your opinion.

Mountains of weapons, skins and elite characters, many of which have to be paid for at extortionate prices do not compare to 3 or 4 map packs each containing 4 or so maps in my opinion.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You can argue as much as you want but live service in this game failed and it is the main reason why EA canceled all future content additions to the game besides small stuff in June. They simply couldn't make money and without money the game is not worth their time and effort.
    And I also have a feeling the decison was made long ago, probably around January or early February. That's why the 6th chapter is a lackluster compared to previous ones. Dice just had to put in most of remaining things and call it a day. 
    I guess it's Dice's fault for not thinking it through and not providing people with decent cosmetic things to purchase because let's be real the majority of those Epic skins are dull and full of ugly gasmasks, some weapons don't even have Epic skins except the default free golden one. Vehicles lack of good customization items. And the list goes on and on. Dice simply hasn't been ready for live service support model so it failed to support the game and now the game is done for.
  • bigiain
    401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I preferred premium, but lets be honest, a lot of people didn't and it probably didn't do well enough with the casual players who get the game at Christmas and dabble for a few weeks. There's no way that it can make a comeback when so little of the community are happy with this game. It will be almost impossible to sell pre-orders of the next game, never mind deluxe editions with all the DLC included.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall said:

~snip

What DLC content?
    In my opinion, BFV has none, as BFV was never a completed game.
    In my opinion, Post Launch content does not always equal DLC.
    If I purchased a new copy of BFV right now, the game would contain everything that is in it currently, right?
    That means the content of the game currently, is the game, correct?
    If I purchased a new copy, no collectors edition/GOTY/etc, but basic copy of, lets say, Skyrim, or Fallout 3, or Fallout 4, or BF1, or BF4, I would have a "completed" game, with a ton of DLC I could purchase to expand on my experiences of the base game, knowing what those DLC contained.

I agree with you, BFV has a lot of content, but I do not consider it DLC, I consider it completing an incomplete game, which in my opinion and many others, is still very incomplete, considering being told about a "journey of WWII". Our "journey" is ending before it even got half-way through, in my opinion.

The reason why I wish BFV would of had actual DLC instead of a live service model is, before the game launched we would of had a content schedule, showing what was going to happen with the game after launch, what we were paying money for.
    (I do not consider their attempt at a road-map to be a proper schedule)
    We would of been shown that this DLC is going to be Pacific, this one is Russia, this one is France, for example.
    We would of known what we were going to get, instead of relying on DICE/EA to give us what they wanted to give us, when they decided to give it to us, then ending it before completing our "journey of WWII", in my opinion.
    I am disappointed, to say the least, I expected more.
    An actual DLC model would of prevented my disappointment 18 months into the life of the game.

With all of that said, I really enjoy BFV.
    My favorite Battlefield to date, out of the ones I played, BC2/BF3/BF4/BF1/BFHeros/BFF2P/BFHardline.
    I will still play BFV daily(time permitting of course) until the next game comes out, regardless of any future updates the game may or may not receive (I have been saying that before the Pacific was released or any maps added to the game for that matter).

Post launch if you bought a used disc.  It would only be stock day 1 launch stuff.  You would have patches to download to get to today's version.  But yeah digital store it's all one lump sum of a download to current state.
  • Loqtrall
    12468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Loqtrall it should be noted that this:

Well luckily for those of us living in this plane of reality, what qualifies as content is not dictated by the subjective whim of completely random people on the internet

Includes your opinion.

Mountains of weapons, skins and elite characters, many of which have to be paid for at extortionate prices do not compare to 3 or 4 map packs each containing 4 or so maps in my opinion.

No, what qualifies as content for a video game is not my opinion. Because "content" in that regard is a defined term. I qualify all content as content, because by definition it's content. I'm not only going to count what I personally found appealing. It is not my opinion that what qualifies as content is not dictated by the subjective whim of random people, that's fact. It's like you can't have a chest with a variety of items inside, and then attempt to dictate what qualifies as "the chest's contents" based solely on what you like or not. Because all of way is inside that chest is its contents.

You'd have a point if what I said was "what qualifies as WORTHWHILE content is not dictated by the subjective whim of random people", but that's not what I said. Whether you like or dislike content, it's still content. Whether or not you think maps are more important, all other types of content are still content. And when objectively comparing the content between two games with different dlc models, insisting what you care about is all that counts is just nonsense.

You either count all content of all types, or the conversation devolves from a legitimate comparison to a subjective whinge about not getting specifically what you wanted or preferred. Contrary to popular belief, maps are not the only type of content and they're not all that matters when it comes to developing post launch content for a game.

If BF5 had gotten less weapons and vehicles than Bf4 or BF1, I'd bet cold, hard cash you and others would be in threads like this using that as a mark against BF5s live service just as you're doing with maps.

You can claim Premium is subjectively more worthwhile because it added more maps in your opinion, you can do so all you like, but that's not what I've posted about.

If your intention behind this thread was to merely proclaim BF5s live service didn't give you what you wanted - more power to you. But not getting what you wanted or blindly expected doesn't negate an objective comparison between the content received in two or more different games. Not does it negate the fact that if DICE actually followed AAA live service trends like other devs and like they did with a past title in a different franchise, BF5 would definitely have ended its content cycle in a worse state.

Like I said, I don't get the point of saying "I told you so" to people who preferred the live service or disliked premium, unless what you're insisting you "told us so" about is that BF5 didn't get as many dlc maps as past games despite content coming at zero cost. And if that's the case - cool story?
  • ackers75
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah paying for battlefield v plus Premium would of made me feel much better looool.