So there won't be chapter 7 or anything else?

BrianLocal1
583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I'm not totally clear on that.  Is BFV totally done?

Comments

• X_Sunslayer_X
    1423 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    one more patch in summer after that no new content besides weekly challenges
  • Fliple
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is something coming in June. I don't know that they are calling it a chapter though. It appears to include one map, assuming it doesn't get scrap due to technical problems. I suspect they'll also do an asset dump of anything else that was already finished. So a random assortment of guns from otherwise canceled chapters. I wouldn't expect any of it to be balanced or polished.
  • BrianLocal1
    583 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sad to see it die.  I had some fun times with it, despite all the issues.
  • EA_Tom
    124 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    The update that we'll release this summer will be the final occasion in which we'll add new content to the game. We may go on to release a smaller patch after this to fix any remaining issues, but other than Community Games, after this point our updates will be focused on ensuring that the service stays healthy and addresses critical issues only.
  • anken555
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hello, when will we know what is this new content ?
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Tom said:
    The update that we'll release this summer will be the final occasion in which we'll add new content to the game. We may go on to release a smaller patch after this to fix any remaining issues, but other than Community Games, after this point our updates will be focused on ensuring that the service stays healthy and addresses critical issues only.

I thought I read on twitter the May update is delayed and merged with June update.
  • SithMetal71
    175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    still got to complete chapter 6, lost total interest when they announced there will not be a 7. 

Now Braddock has posted the weeklies, pathetic.

• Celsi_GER
    716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 28
    EA_Tom wrote: »

Are the (1) permanent team-unbalance, the (2) non-existant anticheat measures, the (3) game joining issue (after trying to join a game into a squad full, you have to restart the whole game to try to join again) and the still-not-fixed (4) permanent death bug considered critical issues?
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    351 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The content is the service...
  • CloneTrooperCT
    359 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope the removed the boins in the game and make the skins much much more cheaper. Because we dont get any content anymore
  • SQHDP
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Tom said:
    Mission failed. We'll get them next time
  • Mister_Kiro
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Celsi_GER said:

Are the (1) permanent team-unbalance, the (2) non-existant anticheat measures, the (3) game joining issue (after trying to join a game into a squad full, you have to restart the whole game to try to join again) and the still-not-fixed (4) permanent death bug considered critical issues?
    Nah, these are considered "healthy service" and will remain as-is.