Failure of BFV

ashleyandnicole
44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I don't even blame the failure of BFV on dice or EA, I blame the people that play the game, it's failed because the game is made for team work and communication, NO One does either of these things and that leads to nothing but a big bloody mess all over the map, it's like a 64 player call of duty that does not play well on a frostbite engine, frustrating almost everyone and making them leave and not come back, not to mention the marketing at the start, but I still think its more the the game being a team building game and it just does not happen, it never does with that many players.

Comments

• r_aquarii
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    u know there are many game mode other than 32vs32 right?
  • Celsi_GER
    865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BS thread.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not really. The game is unfun in many ways. And player base has nothing to do with that. BFV has been made that way.
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    1095 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You're partly right in the fact that 2 closely matched teams ptfoing can still be a fun game but the game still has lots of other issues.
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NO,  DICE is to blame for exactly the reason you are trying to put on the players.  On console, generally speaking players to DO NOT WORK AS A TEAM. Because most are solo players. On PC It may be different, but on console, this is the case with every single shooter on console.  Occasionally, you get players working together but its not the norm.  It was plain idiotic to think making a game that requires even more teamwork would be successful. Go play some Overwatch if you don't believe me.   Go Play Halo and watch teammates fight each other over the power weapons. I said when they announced that DICE was going to take a more "Hardcore Approach" and a more "Team Oriented" approach, I said the game would fail and that was long before the first trailer. These announcements proved the team  and the Design Lead had no clue what the full playerbase was and how they played.  They were simply making a game that sounded good  to those on Reddit.
  • bigiain
    384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes the players are absolutely terrible at teamwork, but this game does even less than previous titles to encourage it.

Worth remembering that they've removed the standard spotting, given every medic and support player a pouch so that they can give everyone ammo that doesn't resupply gadgets, had the ammo and health resupply crates disappear at launch, nerfed the spotting flare at launch to the point where it was useless and put resupply stations all over the map so you can lone wolf it.

I don't even know where the talk about focus on teamwork came from. It feels like marketing speak.

• RavenZero4
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    A post worthy of a  participation trophy....
  • Sk1lld
    591 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What you're trying to put on the players is actually DICE's fault. People playing assignments instead of objectives is just one example. Objective player mode needs to be built into the game assignments just muddy the line.

JMHO
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 28
    Game is not competitive, so. Why would player even care about teamwork or winning when basically you can have all rewards/xp doing everything solo with own dance? Map designs are so terrible, metro map has big pockets where 1-5 squads team up and do crossfires, so basically... Literally have no chances going in. I didn't find any alternative chance doing counter.  Balancing issues, I.E team, has no MAA or SAA operators, gg. I.E, team has all 3 planes and MAA, while opposite has 1 plane, gg. Literally no chances, with MAA or SAA or Soloing. I.E Tanks camp, wasting. I.E Team gets wrecked (badly), quits, gg. Basically DICE hammered this game with huge no auto-team balance maul. I'm just now getting old enough to understand that, do i even need next bf? And bug fixes are SLOW.

EDIT: O yea, cheating problem.
  • DingoKillr
    4350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 29
    Players not doing teamwork. Wow let's see why.

- Can't spot near by enemy(Infantry or vehicle) for team mate, unless recon with scope or flare.
    - Assignments. 
    - Can't spawn on teammates vehicle(squad only).  Expect transport.
    - No commander to coordinate squads.
    - Weapons which require different play styles that can easily scatter a squad.
    - Squad leader can't perform full role when in vehicle.
    - Anti - Zerg weapons/vehicles have little counters. Example bombers.
    - Lack of squad communication in game. To much reliance on verbal communication in game or 3rd party. 
    - Aspect that effect team play defenders on some modes spawn to far away. 
    Edit : forgot
    - Beacn have a more limited number of respawns.
    - Squad mates don't know when someone is spawn on them.
    - Squad have don't know a beacon has been placed.  

But let's blame players that don't know how to play.

Post edited by DingoKillr on
  • ashleyandnicole
    The game is not competitive? Eh? So two teams fight to do what exactly? Lose? And yes it is more focused on team work, and things have been removed in regards to spotting and things like that, and this is exactly my point, it was removed to make you speak to each other to figure things out, yes I do agree Dice should of seriously known better to expect people to work together on a game like this for that they do hold blame, but you can't blame them for people not playing as team players like it was designed for, and that is definitely what it was designed for, some things are missing for this exact reason, to make it harder and encourage team play, but it does not happen hardly ever, that's the players fault not the developers,
  • ashleyandnicole
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Players not doing teamwork. Wow let's see why.

- Can't spot near by enemy(Infantry or vehicle) for team mate, unless recon with scope or flare.
    - Assignments. 
    - Can't spawn on teammates vehicle(squad only).  Expect transport.
    - No commander to coordinate squads.
    - Weapons which require different play styles that can easily scatter a squad.
    - Squad leader can't perform full role when in vehicle.
    - Anti - Zerg weapons/vehicles have little counters. Example bombers.
    - Lack of squad communication in game. To much reliance on verbal communication in game or 3rd party. 
    - Aspect that effect team play defenders on some modes spawn to far away. 

But let's blame players that don't know how to play.

Every point you just made apart from the spawning too far away is flat out wrong and you definitely have no idea how to play this game, tanks are to be hit from the back, it is a god danm tank you know. And aw sorry that dice didn't make make all the guns the same as each other and have one play style the same for every weapon nawwww tooo baddd
  • fragnstein
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Join a platoon, always teamwork going on with platoon mates. Join solo, expect to play solo.

Often time I also find talking on comms gets randos with team work. Don't wait for someone to speak first either.
  • Giants94a
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NO,  DICE is to blame for exactly the reason you are trying to put on the players.  On console, generally speaking players to DO NOT WORK AS A TEAM. Because most are solo players. On PC It may be different, but on console, this is the case with every single shooter on console.  Occasionally, you get players working together but its not the norm.  It was plain idiotic to think making a game that requires even more teamwork would be successful. Go play some Overwatch if you don't believe me.   Go Play Halo and watch teammates fight each other over the power weapons. I said when they announced that DICE was going to take a more "Hardcore Approach" and a more "Team Oriented" approach, I said the game would fail and that was long before the first trailer. These announcements proved the team  and the Design Lead had no clue what the full playerbase was and how they played.  They were simply making a game that sounded good  to those on Reddit.

No teamwork on consoles? Man.. play Rainbow Six Siege and change your mind.
    Rainbow is built for teamwork, Bf no.
    This is the point.
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Game can be fun with friends. I do agree with OP some, in past BF games you could find players on mics, as a solo and would work as team. I am older, so maybe player base has changed, but now if someone has mic, they are raging how you suck, playing music, or getting yelled at by wife/girlfriend. I wish developers could come up with some method to encourage PTO. I know that has been an issue with all BF, but BFV seems much worse. And, if your team loses the first flag, people start quitting. Does game have issues, yes(though I am not a total hater), but the new player base is like many young people today, if things get tough, quit.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've been playing since BF2 (my first online game). Teamwork was the exception, not the rule, even then. The developer made it possible for teams to play together, but the players rarely do. It's just the nature of casual military-themed multiplayer games.
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have played since BF42. When I say I am old, I mean old. There were so many times, if I had my mic on, someone would respond and the least we would do is chat about stuff and play. In BFV, I have played since beginning and can remember only one time someone being on mic.(not counting friends). So we can agree to disagree.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The game is not competitive? Eh? So two teams fight to do what exactly? Lose? And yes it is more focused on team work, and things have been removed in regards to spotting and things like that, and this is exactly my point, it was removed to make you speak to each other to figure things out, yes I do agree Dice should of seriously known better to expect people to work together on a game like this for that they do hold blame, but you can't blame them for people not playing as team players like it was designed for, and that is definitely what it was designed for, some things are missing for this exact reason, to make it harder and encourage team play, but it does not happen hardly ever, that's the players fault not the developers,
    Your post history, @ashleyandnicole really puts your comments in this thread in an interesting light.

I'd stop talking if I were you.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have played since BF42. When I say I am old, I mean old. There were so many times, if I had my mic on, someone would respond and the least we would do is chat about stuff and play. In BFV, I have played since beginning and can remember only one time someone being on mic.(not counting friends). So we can agree to disagree.
    PC or Console?