This Week in Battlefield V - April 27, 2020

Braddock512
1542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited April 30

It’s the final week for Chapter 6 Tides of War missions, but we’ve got some giveaways and contests running. Dive in!

(Please note: This is the current schedule of events for this week. Items may be moved, shifted, added, or pushed out. We'll update this calendar throughout the week.)

Monday, April 27, 2020

• This Week in Battlefield V - An overview of this week's news, blogs, content, and more. As items are added or shifted, this will be updated. Keep an eye on it through the week for redirect links!

• Stream Drops - We'll be popping into random Twitch/Mixer/FB streams playing BFV and giving the streamers codes for Battlefield V giveaways.

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

• #OnlyinBattlefieldV Moments of the Week - Hot new OIB moments coming in with a new weekly winner! Think you’ve got a winner? Send it our way on any of the Battlefield channels. Each weekly featured clip will be awarded a Best Community in the World emblem!

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

• Stream Drops - We'll be popping into random Twitch/Mixer/FB streams playing BFV and giving the streamers codes for Battlefield V for giveaways.

Thursday, April 30, 2020

• The Pacific War Playlist will remain throughout Chapter 6.

• #ThrowbackThursdays - Let's play some BF4 and BF1 - and do some giveaways for these awesome titles! 

• BCIW & EA PLAY 2019 Emblem Giveaways - We'll be posting 200 codes on Reddit and Forums (each) throughout the day for you to grab. Codes will be updated on Thursday, April 30, 2020. Forums or Reddit. Good luck!

Friday, May 1, 2020

• Battlefield V Quality of Life Trello Board Update - Will be updated on Fridays.

• Stream Drops - We'll be popping into random Twitch/Mixer/FB streams playing BFV and giving the streamers codes for Battlefield V for giveaways.

• Battlefield V in Pictures Screenshot Contest – Winners will be announced.

• #FRIDAYNIGHTBATTLEFIELD – Join your friends, enemies, squadmates, and lone wolves on the FIELD OF BATTLE!

NOTES AND ADDENDUMS

• The Future of Battlefield V blog.

• Community Broadcast - An Update on Updates DETAILS

• The Team is currently going through the list of updates, fixes, and changes for Update 6.6 and we'll share details on these changes and the release date once we have it locked. Will be coming in May. 
  • Battlefield V Nvidia GeForce RTX "Make Your Own Battlefield V Trailer" video contest is ongoing. Check here for rules

• Our global teams on all franchises continue to work to keep games going, per EA Update on the Coronavirus Situation.

• Need a Virtual Background? Our social team created some virtual backgrounds for your Zoom meetings. Feel free to grab them here.   

Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• ivancano19
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Thursday, April 30, 2020

• The Pacific War Playlist will remain throughout Chapter 6.

• #ThrowbackThursdays - Let's play some BF4 and BF1 - and do some giveaways for these awesome titles! 

• BCIW & EA PLAY 2019 Emblem Giveaways - We'll be posting 200 codes on Reddit and Forums (each) throughout the day for you to grab. Codes will be updated on Thursday, April 23, 2020. Forums or Reddit. Good luck!

iHello Mr. @Braddock512,   It is only a matter of changing the date from April 23 to 30.

• wildes1993
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ivancano19 wrote: »
    (Quote)
    iHello Mr. @Braddock512,   It is only a matter of changing the date from April 23 to 30.

XD
  • UniQue1992
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Braddock thank you for doing your job, it's a shame that they aren't getting posted on Reddit anymore.
  • anken555
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When will we have infos about the content of the June update ?
  • Braddock512
    1542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    edited April 29
    Braddock thank you for doing your job, it's a shame that they aren't getting posted on Reddit anymore.
    They will be returning to Reddit, as I noted in my post over there. 

A REMINDER TO EVERYONE:

We absolutely want you to share your feedback. However, if you can't contribute something constructive to this thread - or any thread on the forums - it may be good to take a moment before posting and take a breath. If you decide to just "go for it", please don't be surprised if you get a little note from our Moderators. 

While I definitely understand frustration, let's all remember this isn't an  excuse to break the forum rules - which mentions about spam, non-constructive posts, etc. 

-Braddock512
    Post edited by Braddock512 on
  • Braddock512
    Braddock, I'm sure this thread is going to get filled with a lot of nasty messages directed towards you, but I just want you to know that I think you're doing a great job. As an engineer at a small company, I sometimes have to do customer related activities: troubleshoot over the phone, send quotes out to customers, etc. Dealing with angry customers is a HUGE pain, it's discouraging. I know how you feel and I respect your dedication.

I'm still angry about what has happened to BFV, but I felt some appraisal was due for your work.
    Thanks, bud. 

-Braddock512
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
  • dariarty
    187 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi @Braddock512.

Performance on PS4 (EU) is still atrocious with missing hit reg, insta death, death behind cover.
    Audio still doesn't work i.e planes are still not making any noise when they go on a bombing run, tanks often run silent, enemy players have no footsteps. 

Bug wise there's too many to list but the above are most important to me.

While I understand that content will come to an end, will Dice continue to work on the many problems V has?
  • RC-1136_DRMN
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    #FRIDAYNIGHTBATTLEFIELD – Join your friends, enemies, squadmates, and lone wolves on the FIELD OF BATTLE!

Why would anyone want to play in these servers?

• Stream Drops - We'll be popping into random Twitch/Mixer/FB streams playing BFV and giving the streamers codes for Battlefield V for giveaways.
    I might do this. There are only about 350 people wathing BFV streams on Twitch at any one time, so you'll have a pretty good chance of winning something, 

And don't bother anymore with the Quality of Life Updates.  The quality of like of BFV is terrible and it won't get any better. 
  • socbask6
    3 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd really like to see rent-a-server from bf3 come back. Bf1 also had a good system. This community game stuff is awful. Need to be able to leave a game running without the creator/host. Otherwise, you're waiting half the night for your 24/7 operation underground (b c you're tired of getting wrecked by planes as an infantry unit) to fill up
  • CT1924
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Braddock, I'm sure this thread is going to get filled with a lot of nasty messages directed towards you, but I just want you to know that I think you're doing a great job. As an engineer at a small company, I sometimes have to do customer related activities: troubleshoot over the phone, send quotes out to customers, etc. Dealing with angry customers is a HUGE pain, it's discouraging. I know how you feel and I respect your dedication.

I'm still angry about what has happened to BFV, but I felt some praise was due for your work.

I honestly credit him with keeping the game alive for so long(face it. Without a good CM, 6 months. Max.)
  • Borg_QC
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hi @Braddock512 Do you know when we can have a Battlefield game like BF3 and better, BFV is a lost cause, too many bugs.
  • Braddock512
    #FRIDAYNIGHTBATTLEFIELD – Join your friends, enemies, squadmates, and lone wolves on the FIELD OF BATTLE!

Why would anyone want to play in these servers?

• Stream Drops - We'll be popping into random Twitch/Mixer/FB streams playing BFV and giving the streamers codes for Battlefield V for giveaways.
    I might do this. There are only about 350 people wathing BFV streams on Twitch at any one time, so you'll have a pretty good chance of winning something, 

And don't bother anymore with the Quality of Life Updates.  The quality of like of BFV is terrible and it won't get any better. 
    There were about 680 folks watching BFV this morning at 9AM PDT. 

Thanks for your constructive and on-topic feedback. 

-Braddock512
  • CT1924
    1353 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @X_Sunslayer_X

Gonna be honest - you've had some spicy takes over the last few months - and I know you've gotten a few notes from the moderators.
    That being said, thanks for the post. It's always been evident that you're passionate about Battlefield - and that passion is something I absolutely respect (I have the same passion). 

That was a really detailed post - and a lot of the items in that list are things I've wanted us to address. Thank you for sharing it. I don't want you to feel that your post is worthless - I've been consistently/daily making notes to share with the dev team as they ramp up (even more) their efforts on the next Battlefield. We need to address (at least) some of these items for the next BF to be as awesome as I KNOW it can be. 

Thanks, Slayer. 
    Please stay safe, stay healthy. 

-Braddock512

Out of curiosity, will fortifications be making a return in BF6? I really like 'em.
    And if not, is there room for discussion?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @X_Sunslayer_X

Gonna be honest - you've had some spicy takes over the last few months - and I know you've gotten a few notes from the moderators.
    That being said, thanks for the post. It's always been evident that you're passionate about Battlefield - and that passion is something I absolutely respect (I have the same passion). 

That was a really detailed post - and a lot of the items in that list are things I've wanted us to address. Thank you for sharing it. I don't want you to feel that your post is worthless - I've been consistently/daily making notes to share with the dev team as they ramp up (even more) their efforts on the next Battlefield. We need to address (at least) some of these items for the next BF to be as awesome as I KNOW it can be. 

Thanks, Slayer. 

-Braddock512
    Maybe just maybe community managers can create a big survey to ask the whole community what they want to see in the next BF? I mean I can't be sure if Dice actually listens to the feedback at all. But it's worth a try.
  • Fliple
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @X_Sunslayer_X

Thanks, Slayer. 

-Braddock512
    That begs the question if these are things you as a Dice employee has been wanting addressed in Battlefield 5 why haven't they been? And if your urging weren't enough to get them addressed in Battlefield 5, why should the community have any hope they would be addressed in the next game?