What did they do with planes?

Nic727_1
91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited April 27
Spitfire rockets is OP against infantry and vehicles.
F4U Corsair explosive ammo dealing 0 damage to infantry (for real, there was a pack of 10 enemy soldiers and not a single hit mark, but with normal ammunition, I was able to kill someone.

I know the spitfire rocket is a known bug from the community, but I hate the fact that DICE is not doing a fast hotfix instead of waiting for the next update release... Like it's not how games are supposed to be developed...

Comments

• Squad_Cohesion
    910 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Let alone DICE balancing them... sad.
  • Hawxxeye
    7751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The only plane to ground weapon that is effective now is rockets. Maybe the very large bombs too.
  • RipGroove99
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With the upcoming lack of further support for the game planes will forever be broken. Pacific planes got nerfed heavily recently (bombs, auto pitching up, speed reduction etc). It's a shame they will forever be this way.
  • Dermbet
    7 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Makes it pointless having a tank when you get easily blown up from above, or you have no machine gunners protecting you because they get killed so easily nobody wants to do it. 
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 28
    With the upcoming lack of further support for the game planes will forever be broken. Pacific planes got nerfed heavily recently (bombs, auto pitching up, speed reduction etc). It's a shame they will forever be this way.
    The pitch issue is confirmed to be an input tolerance issue, playing on a controller with fresh, tight control sticks gives no positive pitch at any speed even with a deadzone of <5% when the sticks are neutral.

Everything else is a nerf though, and something the vocal infantry-only players wouldn't shut up about, heck they still think it isn't enough even though they put absolutely 0 effort in to address the issue themselves.
  • jroggs
    1224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

That's not remotely correct. Go read the blog again.

The June update will be the last CONTENT update. They're still patching the game before and after that.
  • RipGroove99
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jroggs wrote: »

That's not remotely correct. Go read the blog again.

The June update will be the last CONTENT update. They're still patching the game before and after that.

Yes but there won't be any big community driven changes to mechanics of things like planes.
  • RipGroove99
    (Quote)
    The pitch issue is confirmed to be an input tolerance issue, playing on a controller with fresh, tight control sticks gives no positive pitch at any speed even with a deadzone of <5% when the sticks are neutral.

Everything else is a nerf though, and something the vocal infantry-only players wouldn't shut up about, heck they still think it isn't enough even though they put absolutely 0 effort in to address the issue themselves.

I'll have a play with my joystick settings then, are you suggesting to lower the deadline or increase it?
  • tempo_rarity
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Currently there IS a somewhat effective counter to this broken rocketeering but you gotta be really good on an AA/MAA to do it :  
    (use the 38 or 40 Flak guns- it won't work with a 20 shredder)

Most pilots start their attacks from very high altitudes to maximize their aim accuracy , so . . just 'blind' them .
    Send Flak up to explode in front of them just as they start getting in range .
    Aerial smoke screen  :p
    They can't hit what they can't see . . . most of the time . 
    I've found that it works fairly well at messing up their aim (but not against really good pilots who've memorized AA locations)
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They decided to make the game an infantry only game with faction locked very unbalanced weak vehicles.
    But because of bugs some vehicles are still capable of doing a lot of damage.

The funny part is: the people whining about those vehicles would still be unable to do damge with those vehicles (it is NOT that easy) and are too lazy to even try to counter them.
  • iwashighwayman
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nic727_1 wrote: »
    Spitfire rockets is OP against infantry and vehicles.
    F4U Corsair explosive ammo dealing 0 damage to infantry (for real, there was a pack of 10 enemy soldiers and not a single hit mark, but with normal ammunition, I was able to kill someone.

I know the spitfire rocket is a known bug from the community, but I hate the fact that DICE is not doing a fast hotfix instead of waiting for the next update release... Like it's not how games are supposed to be developed...

Because u got pilots enjoying those rockets way too much
  • RipGroove99
    edited May 1
    (Quote)

So how do I stop this pitching up? My joystick deadzones are at 3% and the planes keep pitching up while diving making aiming impossible.