After the outcome of BFV what is your opinions on the future of the franchise?

TropicPoison
2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited April 30
Since day one for me BFV was nothing but a disappointment that I could never find myself immersed in, I felt like they had the recipe but they just didn't know how to create a WWII game.

I'll admit I was pretty skeptical about BF1 before it released but it's a great game and it's one of the most immersive Battlefield games I've ever played from the sound and map design to the weapons.

I figured after BF1 being a pretty great experience I would give DICE the benefit of a doubt with BFV even after their horrible reveal while having probably the most untalented 'comedian' to date talking about their game. I figured this is DICE they'll figure this mess out, and oh boy was I wrong. I feel like if they had just reskinned BF1 with a WWII theme with the iconic battles they would have had a hit on their hands, but let's face it BFV has much more deeper issues than that they changed the core gameplay, added in annoying resupply stations, and had a weird HC ttk in core, along with having the worst class balance I've experienced in any Battlefield game so far, hell I got deluxe and what a mistake that was as well, some crap skins (pieces) for a pretty meh gun.

I've always been a tanker in Battlefield, and in BFV I couldn't rush any objective because it was suicide because the most popular overpowered class had everyone running TOWARDS the tank not away, tanks are supposed to be feared and in BFV they might as well have been a target dummy. I'm not sure I'll get the next Battlefield I've lost faith in DICE, it's too bad whoever turned Battlefront 2 around couldn't have had the reins to fix BFV these go woke go broke in management need removed pushing their strong wahmen agenda, let's not forget the guy adding in women for everything because 'but muh little girl said why is there no girls' that shouldn't have been playing an M rated game anyways. Why focus on the lesser known battles if you're not even going to be accurate about it or who's attacking what? BFV should have been a Hardline like experimentation, not a streamline main game in the series. BFV should have been a blockbuster firework exploding and oozing with potilential and they put out a firecracker that was a dud.
Post edited by TropicPoison on

Comments

• _WOMD_DK
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Since day one for me BFV was nothing but a disappointment that I could never find myself immersed in, I felt like they had the recipe but they just didn't know how to create a WWII game.

I'll admit I was pretty skeptical about BF1 before it released but it's a great game and it's one of the most immersive Battlefield games I've ever played from the sound and map design to the weapons.

I figured after BF1 being a pretty great experience I would give DICE the benefit of a doubt with BFV even after their horrible reveal while having probably the most untalented 'comedian' to date talking about their game. I figured this is DICE they'll figure this mess out, and oh boy was I wrong. I feel like if they had just reskinned BF1 with a WWII theme with the iconic battles they would have had a hit on their hands, but let's face it BFV has much more deeper issues than that they changed the core gameplay, added in annoying resupply stations, and had a weird HC ttk in core, along with having the worst class balance I've experienced in any Battlefield game so far, hell I got deluxe and what a mistake that was as well, some crap skins (pieces) for a pretty meh gun.

I've always been a tanker in Battlefield, and in BFV I couldn't rush any objective because it was suicide because the most popular overpowered class had everyone running TOWARDS the tank not away, tanks are supposed to be feared and in BFV they might as well have been a target dummy. I'm not sure I'll get the next Battlefield I've lost faith in DICE, it's too bad whoever turned Battlefront 2 around couldn't have had the reins to fix BFV these go woke go broke in management need removed pushing their strong wahmen agenda, let's not forget the guy adding in women for everything because 'but muh little girl said why is there no girls' that shouldn't have been playing an M rated game anyways. Why focus on the lesser known battles if you're not even going to be accurate about it or who's attacking what? BFV should have been a Hardline like experimentation, not a streamline main game in the series. BFV should have been a blockbuster firework exploding and oozing with potilential and they put out a firecracker that was a dud.

if you are a battlefield tanker, then look up some tanker videos in the game hell let loose, you would ask yourself, were this gem has been all your life
  • Skill4Reel
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lots of uncertainty.  I know what I want from this series.  I have stated it several times throughout the years on these boards, but I am doubtful that any of it will be in the next game.  It was one of the developers for Battlefield 1 that said in their live stream for that game when platoons were added that "this was just the beginning for what they had planned for platoons in this game."  Well...here we are several years and another Battlefield game later, and platoons are no more than what they were then.    
  • Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Confident about the future, this was such a big fiasco that they will have no choice but to launch an amazing BF6 game, it only takes one dud to make you realize that you need to get better
  • Broliszibaila
    319 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They could do the symbolic move: The Battlefield born with WW2, so Battlefield should die with this WW2 abomination.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Map design is the key. All else fails if the maps are poorly set up. That  means designing a map from the bottom up with more modes in mind. What works for breakthroUgh or Rush won't work for conquest.  Weren't maps in BFV designed for breakthrough? This shows as they don't work for CQ. 
  • spartanx169x
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At this point in time, I have no reason to think the next game will be any better. There are lots of things that could do and should do. But again I have no reason to think they will.   As one simple example, they should have both Casual gamemodes and Hardcore, instead of trying to herd both into the same game modes which in my opinion was what  they have attempted with BFV. In addition, they should offer rent-a-servers just like BF4 to give those fans that want specific thing the option to do so. 

Will they do these?   Again I have no reason to think they will.  Until I read news that the team that is responsible for BFV has been "reassigned" and that they have done extensive research to make a game that will have broad appeal, I will just not care until I play the beta and make a decision from that. 
  • MBT_Layzan
    2462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    _WOMD_DK said:

if you are a battlefield tanker, then look up some tanker videos in the game hell let loose, you would ask yourself, were this gem has been all your life
    But don't you need a driver, then a gunner for the tank main, and even someone on top spotting? Unless you roll with a bunch of mates or like say, driving about turning the tank for someone else to fire then is this really comparable to controlling the tank as a whole like in BF?
  • Mishkin37
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Map design is the key. All else fails if the maps are poorly set up. That  means designing a map from the bottom up with more modes in mind. What works for breakthroUgh or Rush won't work for conquest.  Weren't maps in BFV designed for breakthrough? This shows as they don't work for CQ. 
    Yup. Totally agree, here. Good maps make the game. You can't forget the great ones. I'm not a big fan of linear maps for Conquest (Suez in BF1, Metro/Underground, and Marita from BFV, which is linear, just on a curve). I like flanking routes.

BF6 Wishlist:
    • drop BR mode; it was weird and didn't fit
    • drop weapon specializations and go back to attachments
    • keep the current gadgets and weapon-types for classes as they appeared in BFV (maybe give Support some C4)
    • increase TTK slightly from where it is right now
    • make aircraft/armor/infantry dynamic more like the rock/paper/scissors dynamic from past BFs
    • keep squad revives; keep Medic's quick revive
    • keep ammo/health stations
    • don't do Premium; it fractures the player-base
    • drop knee-sliding and any other silly acrobatics that you wouldn't do on gravel or up a flight of steps
    • add cool cosmetics that people would actually buy (more like Rainbow 6 Siege)
    • 4-person squad...5-person squad...not sure which I like better
    • make sure the reveal trailer is interesting; the BFV trailer was chaotic and unfocused; I rewatched it today, and I couldn't believe how disjointed the first-person perspective section was near the end; it was a mess, and I still don't know what was with the livestock head at the beginning - horse? cow? statue?
    • the BF1 reveal trailer was pretty great, and the masses thought so, too; it also featured Seven Nation Army, which was a great, not-so-subtle touch that really added to its energy

• SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If their focus comes back to map design, gameplay, performance and balance on private servers then it can recover.
    But if they continue to focus primarily on microtransactions, weird skins and assigments/boins then I fear the worst.
  • TropicPoison
    2505 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You guys had some really good replies and I pretty much agree with all of the above.
  • doctorrocktor
    1954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For the future of Battlefield to be a successful one they need to start paying attention to what the players actually want and not what Dice Sweden wants the players to want. They need to go back and give a serious look to what made the older games a success. Not just the frostbite games but all the games to rediscover all the best parts of Battlefield and to weed out the worst parts of it.

What I think they need is to keep the game simple. One thing I have noticed with each Battlefield games is that they're becoming overdesigned and underdeveloped. Lots of ideas and features being thrown in to the games that at best end up going nowhere and left abandoned. At worst become a detriment to the game and wasting development time.

What I hope for the next Battlefield is for Dice Sweden to stop trying to control every little aspect of the game. Stop trying to force players to play the way they want the game to be played and provide that dynamically emergent sandbox gameplay that Battlefield used to be known for. Allow the game to be driven by the community. Allow the community to shape the future of whatever game is currently being developed instead of this stringently dictated Tides of War/Amazon Web Services system that's going on in Battlefield 5.
    Great post
  • SOLDATxTODT
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    to quote an old Who song "Won't get fooled again". Went from being a premier franchise to utter rubbish. Started playing when 1942 came out how many years ago. The game went from open maps and freestyle to controlled arcade gaming. Sure BF looks nice but the franchise has turned into an old Buick that uses a quart of oil every other tank fill up. Why would I buy the next title when they haven't even come close to putting out the product they advertised this last monstrosity to be? They obviously want to only play to the console crowd and have pretty much given up on PC. I'd need some pretty good convincing arguments from them on the next product to think about buying.
  • trip1ex
    5228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think it will be better.  If not ..well then I don't buy it. 
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it will be worse. If it's better I buy it np.