This Week in Battlefield V - April 27, 2020

Comments

• fragnstein
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fliple wrote: »
    (Quote)
    That begs the question if these are things you as a Dice employee has been wanting addressed in Battlefield 5 why haven't they been? And if your urging weren't enough to get them addressed in Battlefield 5, why should the community have any hope they would be addressed in the next game?

Braddock is a like customer service manager for the forums/community . He lives in L.A. and emails concerns to Dice devs in Sweeden. He has no ability to address bugs or problems of the game himself
  • wildbam
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Still hoping bf5 gets rounded up with the last content - team balance, anti-cheat, maps for the eastern front and the fall of germany.. or even more like described here

oZsTarZ said:

Hello all, I love Battlefield V and honestly, when I go to an older Battlefield game (BF3, BF4, BFH, BF1), I always want to return to Battlefield V because of all of its great features like squad reinforcements, the movement system, grenade mechanics, beautiful graphics, fortifications, health and ammo mechanics, etc. But I think that we can all agree that BFV still has a long way to go until it reaches the legendary Battlefield status for this WW2 game.

Feel free to upvote so DICE can see this.

Also DICE, I hope you guys are reading this because I bet you guys have some time because of the virus.

So I am making a list of things we NEED for this game.

NVM there is no more chance to save this game.

1.Anti-Cheat System

-I think you already know

2. Team Balancer and Improve Matchmaking

-It's coming in May, finally. (I think)

3. Rental Server Program OR Expand Community Games/Add Custom Games (like Back to Basics) and Hardcore

-Allow us to title our servers, have admin controls, allow us to leave the servers running without being in it, more options, etc

-Make custom games return from BF1 with fun weekly changes not just a map playlist and add a hardcore mode

4. Improve Plane Mechanics and Combat/Improve the "Bad" plane variants and update the vanilla specialization trees like the Pacific ones (increase to level 6 also)

-Better Air vs Air, Air vs Ground, and Air vs Infantry combat

-MMG/LMG Combat vs Air should be more prominent like in BF1

-Add gunner seat to mosquito and add 3rd gunner seat to blenheim (for gameplay reasons)

-A video from LevelCapGaming- How DICE Could Fix Planes in Battlefield V https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPHA4hIxuMA

5. Improve Tank Mechanics and Combat and update the vanilla specialization trees like the Pacific ones (increase to level 6 also)

-Fun combat

-When driving a tank near water, the soldier should yell out "We are too close to water!!!" or something like that because it is confusing sometimes if the water is shallow enough or not.

-A video from AKA-ART- There's a lot wrong with the tanks in Battlefield 5 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ltpKB04Oh0

6. Flares should ping your position 

7. Revamp Grand Operations and allow to see all grand operation games in server browser not just airborne games when filtering for grand op games

-Add ability to skip the intros, and add the voiced intros like BF1

-Add more Grand Operations

-Change the British transport aircraft to the C-47s from Firestorm

-Change the German transport aircraft to the JU-52s.

-Add in the XP Multiplier from BF1. (is the tech here?)

-Allow the intro to play out when I am alt tabbing on PC when playing Grand Ops. The intro literally pauses and I am forced to watch the whole text when coming back on the game.

-Add in a Grand Op menu like BF1, I like reading about the battles.

-The defending team on Airborne should not be able to see where the bomb is at all times

-After every match and switching to a new grand op, you should be able to switch to the other attack/defend team. For example, if you play a match of defending, the next grand op should be attack. Right now, you would stay defending

-Animate the soldiers sitting down in the drop ships in Airborne. They look lifeless

-A video from Westie- Grand Operations Isn't Very Good... Battlefield 5 (DICE Can Do Better!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv3mWVT2a8k

8. Improve Breakthrough in certain maps

-The first sectors should be the easiest and then the map should be harder (look back at vanilla maps)

-Arras' 3rd sector is really lame IMO.

-Fjell 652 is worst breakthrough map for sure.

-Add in more sectors. A lot of maps have 3. Panzerstorm is really big so I think it should have more than 3 since the rounds are short during my experience.

9. Improve Conquest on certain maps

-Some maps have open space that needs flags (for example Al Sundan or Fjell 652)

10. Expand the Provence and Lofoten Islands maps into larger scale gamemodes

-Lofoten Islands can be a Conquest map by including all the islands into a conquest map, Provence can also be expanded to flesh out the countryside of the map into a conquest map

-A video from Westie- Battlefield 5 Has 2 Maps I Had FORGOTTEN EXISTED! - Provence & Lofoten Islands- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4bii9__1Ro

11. Remove ability to apply Cross-Faction Elite Skins

-Tired of seeing a whole squad of Misakis, Keisukes, or Jack Culvers in the Best Squad screen for the European theater maps

12. Add option in the settings to not be able to see other player's soldier customization

13. Improve AI in Combined Arms/War Stories

-Make AI like Star Wars Battlefront 2 (THEY ARE STUPID IN BFV). Why is the AI in BFV so bad if you guys literally tested out the SEED project in BF1 and this SEED project was transferred to Battlefront 2

14. Add support for Firestorm and make it FREE 

- WHERE DID THE SUPPORT GO? The mode might be revived if you make it FREE, and it would bring in more players for the main game!

- Revamp Looting system in Firestorm

- Add Respawn system in Firestorm (really a fan of the Gulag from Warzone)

- The support has to be weekly changes or at least monthly changes. Add in a chapter rewards system specifically for Firestorm.

-Add Firestorm in the server browser if we are going to continue with the low player counts for the mode.

15. Rewrite Assignments/Fix Assignments that don't work/Add better rewards/Organize Assignments

-The assignment objectives are written poorly and are tedious to do or they hurt the gameplay. Assignments need better rewards also like more CC, dogtags, melee weapons, etc. Some assignments don't even work correctly like the Fallschirmjäger: Joining the Elite special air assignment (I figured that you have to have the correct side AA guns which is dumb). The Firestorm assignment is so bad also because the rewards are a chain of 5 assignments until the end in which the reward is 500 CC.

-Add categories of assignments. For example, make a category for proficiency/mastery weapon assignments, etc.

-Fix typos...

-Add more Firestorm Assignments also

16. Remove Paywall on EPIC tiered skins

-Be honest, why would I spend $7.50 on a weapon skin! This is still your choice though DICE or EA.

17. Add ability to see how many flying bomb, artillery, and battle pickup kills you have in the statistics page (V1, JB-2, KI-147, etc)

18. More improvement towards Bipod system

-Still doesn't work sometimes, BF1 system still works superior

19. More Fortifications around some capture areas/More Fortifications for destroyable buildings

-Some flags barely have any fortifications and its so annoying

-I think there should be more fortifications to rebuild buildings and homes

20. More Reticle options like BF1

21. Revamp/Fix Combined Arms

-After a match of Combined Arms, joining a different mission doesn't work and its unplayable. You have to restart the game. No wonder why no one plays this mode.

-Revamp Combined Arms into the mode that is was advertised to be: A mode that is changing and evolving with different AI situations while you are playing every week, to keep gameplay fun

-If you complete a mission on hard, you should get all the company coin from easy and medium rewards including hard rewards. Same for medium.

-Add an option to see combined arms matches in the server browser.

-Add new scenarios and maps for Combined Arms similar to Star Wars Battlefront 2 Co-op

22. Improve the Practice Range

-Make it useful like BF4 Practice Range with the moving targets. Add more vehicles and weapons (not sure about weapons since haven't used it in a while) in the practice range also.

-Haven't used it in a while, but are your loadouts and skins used in the Practice Range?

-Same with the issue with combined arms, I played the practice game, and I then played the tutorial, and then I tried to play the practice range, but it shows a black screen with the menu music in the background and it puts me back in the frontend. So, I was unable to play unless I restarted the game which I did not.

23. Company Coin payout at End of Round similar to credits in Star Wars Battlefront 2

-I'm really scrapping dust for CC. The balance between using your CC for specializations and skins is bad. I'm level 70 so far and have only bought one cosmetic with CC and the rest of my CC is used for specializations. I'm not sure when I will ever be able to purchase those vehicle skin packages for 75,000 CC.

24. Better Performance/Optimization for PC

-FPS LAG, I have to turn on FFR for good FPS on ultra. Why is BF1 performance so much better?

25. Bug Fixes (I HATE SPAWN SCREEN BUGS and the bugs in the Company menu with the white dots)

-Fix UI not showing the correct chapter rank

26. Add Service Stars for Weapons

27. Add back the melee type system from BF1

-I want to be able to break barbed wire with some melee weapons

28. Map Voting system

29. Improve Pinging system

-Allow us to see nearby teammates’ pings, add specific callouts, add a better danger ping system, make it like COD MW Warzone pinging system

-The AI soldiers in the tutorial were very vocal, and it was cool to hear. This would be cool to hear in multiplayer.

30. Redesign the armory, allow us to see previous items, allow for more new items per week.

31. Improve Hitching system

-Allow us to change seats to the hitched AA/AT gun seat like how we can change seats normally otherwise hitching is useless, and allow all vehicles to hitch

-Be able to hitch with all vehicles and allow us to hitch every cannon/turret (not sure if this is a thing or not)

-Make all transport vehicles already have something hitched to it by default

-Improve the controls for moving around the hitched cannon/turret

32. Remove ability to shoot down friendly flares

33. Allow us to know what squad we are in showed in the spawn screen, so we know if we are one of the top squads at the end of round.

34. Look at all soldier appearances and vehicles and make them more authentic to the era like looking at the color pallets.

-DICE is finally doing this for the May update.

35. Add a Vehicle spawn queue

-Camping the vehicle spawn is so annoying and this is still a problem in all Battlefields besides Battlefield Hardline...Hardline still gets some things right for all (if I recall, hardline has one, or something that takes small steps towards a vehicle queue)

36. Add Duos back in Firestorm

37. Update Vanilla Gun Specialization Trees to be more interesting like the pacific ones

-It seems as if I always prefer one road down the tree and similar ones for all guns.

38. Team Switcher

-I would like to help out the losing side by switching to them.

-Also, when playing match after match in conquest, currently, you stay on the same faction every match. Your faction needs to change every round.

39. Make calling out for help in the revive screen louder so your teammates can hear you. Make it also so that the revive icon is flashing when someone is calling out for help. Also, allow us to call out for medics while downed by using the commorose.

40. Allow us to see our weapon/tank/plane/class/rank progression while playing in game like Battlefront 2. Rank progression should be when you go in the exit screen. Also, either allow us to view rewards while playing in-game in the menus or remove the words "View  Rewards" in the top right when clicking on your combat roles, etc.

41. Allow us to view recent servers and favorite servers.

42. Allow us to see how far in the match is in the server browser, like on Battlelog.

43. Teach players how to ping enemies in the tutorial.

44. Add back south africa/middle east servers.

-Have seen of people from those areas complaining 

-How about when quick matchmaking, force them to join their own servers? I know they might end up in empty servers, but DICE I think you can find a way to fix this rather than deleting them.

45. Add Skill Based Matchmaking (I believe this is coming in May)

46. Put AI controlled AA cannons at bases, like in BF3/BF4 (I think it was also in BF4 maybe)

47. Update Vanilla maps so that planes can't resupply at enemy bases.

-In the pacific maps, we cannot do that.

48. Give an option to equip soldier customization sets like weapon sets.

-Really annoying one

49. Add Weather Conditions to vanilla maps in conquest and other modes not just Grand Operations. (Night, Aurora, Sandstorm, Snowstorm, Rain, etc.)

50. Add ping based matchmaking like Modern Warfare because why would you not...

-Not sure if this is already in the game or not since people on the PC chat were wondering why they were in another countries' server whilst for me, I seem to matchmake correctly.

51. Add more background battles on all maps.

-Like in Iwo Jima

-Battlefront 2 Geonosis on Galactic Assault is a prime example

52. Fix the lighting in some maps.

-Make atmosphere more WW2 like 

-Make Hamada lighting like in the Prologue of War Stories

-Make Panzerstorm Lightning/Graphics like the trailer.

-Make Halvoy Lighting/Graphics like the trailer.

-A video from Lossy- Fixing the Weird Lighting in Battlefield 5- https://youtu.be/79DiPYupp-s

53. Turn Halvoy into 2 Conquest/Breakthrough maps for Multiplayer (snowy/non snowy)

54. Add Firestorm Vehicles to multiplayer and allow tractors to be drivable in vanilla maps

-The Schwimmwagen would be great for Lofoten Islands

55. Make the Tides of War menu show what date we are currently in during WW2. 

-It was doing that for the BFV Reveal. Remember the Fall of Europe?

56. Allow us to purchase all the Tides of War cosmetics in the company screen (with CC of course)

57. Add the mode Fortress back. Did people not like it? I never got to play it.

58. Allow us to hear teammates requests when they are using the commorose.

-Kind of not immersive to not hear them.

59. Fix Statistics page by allowing us to see kills for the Flamethrower, Medical Syringe, and Repair Tool (add this)

60. Allow us to customize our planes and tanks while there are none available in the spawn screen like in BF1.

61. Improve the Netcode (possibly, where did DICE LA's work go?)

-Still hear stories from people with bad netcode situations.

62. Add an option to turn off the Distance Haze.

63. Add back Squad XP boosts from BF1 (if the tech is there ofc)

64. Add a Repair Medal/Ribbon

65. Improve the control and handling on Transport Vehicles, Planes, and Tanks, especially the Universal Carrier.

66. Improve loading times when quitting a match and loading into BFV for the first time. Also fix it so that alt tabbing out of the game doesn't freeze/pause the game.

67. Improve the progression meter (circle) UI, it is confusing if I am this rank or if that is my next rank

68. Make it so we hear the helmet and have it knock off when a sniper shoots someone in the head with a helmet like in BF1. (not sure if it is in BFV or not)

69. Voices for the different races on the British and US side should be different than the normal white male/female American/British voice.

70. Incendiary grenades and Flamethrowers should be able to burn down buildings and maybe trees and plants. (Destruction)

Controversial Points

71. Add back the Sniper Sweet Spot mechanic like in BF1.

72. Improve MMG Gameplay

-Make them fun to use, by being mobile

-Remove need to bipod possibly (controversial). Encouraging campers is not good

-A video from Westie- It's Time to END The MMG BIPOD META Battlefield 5 (Gunplay Issues)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC4cFI8Tj90

73. Make the game Crossplay across all platforms like Modern Warfare.

Now lets talk about content.

1. Add in PT Boats for the Pacific maps as seen in Datamines/Add in the torpedo loadouts for the amphibious tanks

2. Add in more Tanks/Planes for the American and Japanese factions (like mustang, b-17, floatplanes). Add in a specific AA tank for both factions.

3. Add in a British specific flying bomb (I haven't researched this enough so I'm not sure if there even is one; The JB-2 is actually a US made bomb)

4. Add in Japanese Carriers and Landing Craft and make the Japanese the Attackers on Wake Island

5. Add another tank for the German faction like the Hummel tank as seen in Datamines

6. Add Battle Pickups for the British and German factions

7. Add more Combat Roles (Archetypes) for all the classes as promised. There were so many in the Alpha/Beta. Also, add some for Pilots and Tanker Classes.

8. Add more game modes from Datamines- Invasion, Conquer and Destroy, Battlezone, CTF, Squad Conquest Tanks.

9. Add in a new offline mode where we can play Conquest or other modes with bots like Instant Action in Battlefront 2. Also add in offline breakthrough, which is what the upcoming Missions mode in battlefront 2 basically is.

10. Add one more male and female character for both US and Japanese factions

11. Add in the Al Marj Encampment map from 5 v 5 as seen in Datamines, and expand it for the larger gamemodes

12. 5th Pacific Map- Pacific Ocean Map (hopefully it is Okinawa) as seen in Datamines

13. Add more skins for weapons that barely have skins because I hate receiving skins for the same starter weapons over and over

14. Add the Weapon Charm customization from Datamines

15. Add in more WW2 authentic skins and cool skins like seen in ArtStation.

16. Add a Japanese specific AA cannon and a US specific AT and AA cannons. (Not sure if there are any)

17. Add in Tanker and Pilot Class Weapons like in BF1.

18. Add the M2 Mortar.

19. Add more accurate uniforms especially for the British. And also recolor all of the uniforms not just the default ones.

20. Add 2 new transport vehicles (one for US and one for Japanese) that are like the M3 and Halftrack

21. Add 2 new reinforcement vehicles (one for US and one for Japanese) that are like the T48 and Pakwagen.

22. Add modes like Air Superiority, Tank Superiority, Sea superiority, and Carrier Assault

• The Maps for Air Superiority could be Battle of Britain

• The Maps for Sea Superiority (NEW MODE) could be Midway, Coral Sea, Leyte Gulf, Battle of the Atlantic, Phillipine Sea, etc.

• The Maps for Tank Superiority could be Operation Barbarossa (or Battle of Brody)

DLCS

First off, we need a roadmap for DLCs and concept art months before hand. I am also going to name off what we already have. I also know that this will sound unlikely.

1.The 8 Vanilla Maps

2.Fall of Europe/France/Greece DLC

• 4 Maps include- Panzerstorm, Battle of Dunkirk (we don't have this), Mercury, Marita

3.Close Quarters DLC

• 4 Maps include Lofoten Islands, Provence, Operation Underground, Al Marj Encampment

4.War Stories DLC-

• 4 Maps include Al Sudan, Tirailleur, Nordly's Heavy Water Plant, The Last Tiger's Destroyed City

5.Pacific DLC

• 4 Maps include Iwo Jima, Pacific Storm, Wake Island, Solomon Islands

6.Eastern Front DLC   

• Adds USSR including tanks, planes, and weapons     

• 4 Maps include Stalingrad, Kursk, Moscow, Kharkov

7.End of WW2 DLC     

• 6 Maps include D-Day, Bulge, Berlin, Okinawa (Pacific Ocean?), Market Garden, Monte Cassino (Battle for Rome)

8.Halvoy DLC Bonus

• 2 Maps centering around the snowy region and non snow region of Halvoy for all modes

By now, according to this list, BFV would end up with 36 maps by the end of its life span.

If DICE continues support past this, then they should either add an Italian DLC and a Chinese DLC. Maps could be Battle of Anzio and Battle of Shanghai. They could also do a North African DLC.

DICE could also add in the French faction and put them on existing maps that are suitable for the French. Same could be said for the Greek faction and others.

Additional maps include Operation Bagration, Operation Torch, Burma, Luzon, and Sedan.

Things DICE can do if they have time for it

1. Add the guns from 5v5 into the main game

2. Finish 5v5 competitive mode and release it

3. Fix Ribbons and put them back in the game

4. Revamp the Assignment system so we can change them in-game and have more than 4 active or all of them.

5. Add soldier dragging

6. Add crash landings

7. Fix the gamemode system to allow for more modes instead of always limiting modes.

8. Fix the Double XP system (there is none, the tech isn't ready yet)

9. Add back codex like in BF1.

10. Add the Garotte back in the game.

11. Add the Westland Lysander back in the game.

12. Add War Stories Maps into the Multiplayer like Tirailleur, the Heavy Water Plant from Nordlys, and The Last Tiger

13. Add more good War Stories.

14. Allow us to equip 2 Dog Tags at the same time. Seeing that we can only equip 1, shows that the game was Rushed. Also, add more Dog Tags. I'm not sure if a single one has been added for post launch besides the Chapter ones.

15. Add Fun Facts about WW2 in the loading screens like in BF1.

16. Add back Attrition and revamp/improve/fix it.

For a final note, DICE, learn from your mistakes or you will hit rock bottom even more with Battlefield 6.

Oh, here's an additional point.

100. Fix the Battlefield V Reveal Trailer

I make frequent edits to this list, so come back if you want.

Again, feel free to upvote so DICE can see this.

NVM there is no more chance to save this game.

what I dont need is cross-play 

• PedroGarcia1000
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @wildbam, it would be great to share that hope. Do you have any info that could support it after the sad announcement last week?
  • wildbam
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @wildbam, it would be great to share that hope. Do you have any info that could support it after the sad announcement last week?
    no ;/ I read a twitter statement somewhere 'rn the devs are working on many maps like never before' something like that .. 
  • Fliple
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fliple wrote: »
    (Quote)
    That begs the question if these are things you as a Dice employee has been wanting addressed in Battlefield 5 why haven't they been? And if your urging weren't enough to get them addressed in Battlefield 5, why should the community have any hope they would be addressed in the next game?

Braddock is a like customer service manager for the forums/community . He lives in L.A. and emails concerns to Dice devs in Sweeden. He has no ability to address bugs or problems of the game himself
    That doesn't change the question at all though. If someone that close is ignored why would the community have any hope for the next game? Dice being dismissive of their own community manager is just another symptom of the way they are currently operating.
  • VOLBANKER
    1718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The devs absolutely do listen to feedback, however we tend to forget it here on the forums.

- They added carbines to the Medic class because people requested something more midrange focused instead of just SMGs
    - They added carbines to Recon because people asked for Recon weapons that were more suitable for PTO than sniper rifles and SLRs
    - They decided to make one of the Recon carbines full auto, which was a request from many people, me included
    - They nerfed AP mines because the majority of people said they hated AP mines
    - They added extra cover on maps based on user feedback (Panzerstorm, Aerodrome, maybe others I don't know of)
    - 2X scope used to be pretty much unusable because the lins was dirty and hard to look through graphically. People complained about this, so the devs changed the 2X scope to be clear as day to see through
    etc.
  • Celsi_GER
    865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 30
    About "constructive" postings: We were just informed that EA is abandoning the game and, due to this decision, inflicting heavy damage to the reputation of the BF franchise.
    Please suggest how to comment this in a constructive way.
    Like: "Thank god, with the BF franchise destroyed will have more time to spend in real life again"?
  • Braddock512
    1542 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    Celsi_GER said:
    About "constructive" postings: We were just informed that EA is abandoning the game and, due to this decision, inflicting heavy damage to the reputation of the BF franchise.
    Please suggest how to comment this in a constructive way.
    Like: "Thank god, with the BF franchise destroyed will have more time to spend in real life again"?
    You've gotten plenty of warnings from the moderator team regarding how to participate constructively in this community. (And your sass and snark ain't it. You can be frustrated, you can share that frustration, and you can discuss - in a constructive way without abuse, insults, etc. - where you feel things could have been improved, what is coming in the next two updates, etc.) 

If you can't, well... I'd recommend not posting until you can, lest you run afoul of the forum rules yet again and receive another notice from the mods. 

-Braddock512
  • WalcalkhIII
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My issues with this game were mainly about the rather botched attempts to mess with the TTK, and that last one almost did me in for the game. I loved the franchise since playing from the tail end of Battlefield 3 to now on Battlefield V. The game, in my opinion, had a lot of promise to become a solid WW2 game but had a few things that made for a less than ideal experience: 
    The addition of one too many limited use/prototype weaponry 
    The lack of iconic maps/battles and weaponry (I miss the M1903...) 
    The netcode wasn't exactly the best, but that could've just been my internet being spotty. 
    The weapon balance just never felt right, with Update 6.2 the weapon balance struck a good spot, but the SLRs needed their ranges nerfed a bit since they shouldn't be able to two tap and quit someone across the map. 

Other than these issues, Battlefield V was a fun game. I have over 1080 (ha) hours clocked in to it, and it's rather disappointing to see it end this way. Hopefully the June update will help fill the void (I want my M1903A4, or the M1917 Enfield, something for the American faction on the sniper side of things.)
  • Celsi_GER
    865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    You've gotten plenty of warnings from the moderator team regarding how to participate constructively in this community. (And your sass and snark ain't it. You can be frustrated, you can share that frustration, and you can discuss - in a constructive way without abuse, insults, etc. - where you feel things could have been improved, what is coming in the next two updates, etc.) 

If you can't, well... I'd recommend not posting until you can, lest you run afoul of the forum rules yet again and receive another notice from the mods. 

-Braddock512

Ah, okay, I understand. For 1,5 years we asked you to give the horse a better treatment. We asked, even begged you not to do certain things to the horse, but you did those things anyway. Now the horse is dead, and now we may discuss what could have been done differently to prevent the horse's death.
    Like we did not already tell you your mistakes when the horse was still alive.
    Like you would listen to us now , while you were not listening to us for the last 1,5 years.

This is ridiculous, and futile.

I therefore will follow your advice and stop posting here.

Thank you for your patience with me and my frustration.

Thomas

• CT1924
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    The devs absolutely do listen to feedback, however we tend to forget it here on the forums.
    - They added carbines to the Medic class because people requested something more midrange focused instead of just SMGs- They added carbines to Recon because people asked for
    Recon weapons that were more suitable for PTO than sniper rifles and
    SLRs- They decided to make one of the Recon carbines full auto, which was a request from many people, me included- They nerfed AP mines because the majority of people said they hated AP mines- They added extra cover on maps based on user feedback (Panzerstorm, Aerodrome, maybe others I don't know of)- 2X scope used to be pretty much unusable because the lins was dirty and hard to look through graphically. People complained about this, so the devs changed the 2X scope to be clear as day to see throughetc.

There is a lot more too. But those are some of the major ones, as is the mmg accuracy decrease and improved visibility.
    Personally, I always have and will love 2x optics. Good for close and long range. And you get a circle around the head instead of blocking it.
  • M1sterApple
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello! My friends and I, as well as a large number of players, are very upset that you abandoned the game halfway to perfection! HOW COULD YOU FORGET ABOUT THE USSR??? This is one of the most important battles in world war II! Major and bloody battles: the Battle of Moscow, the battle of Stalingrad, the Kharkiv disaster, the Kursk bulge, and the Battle of Berlin. If this was all in Battlefield 5 , you would have made a lot more money than what you have done now, and attracted even more people around the world! But you have your own opinion, which contradicts all the players!арий
  • HugoPlayNow
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have to say, I still have mixed feelings about BFV.  On XB1, the game is beautiful, and I much prefer how the player moves and how the gun firing feels over CoD by a long shot.  Also the maps are much much much better than CoD.

I really enjoyed the Pacific Theater and mostly play only those, but lately have been going back to BF1 because BF1 has something that BFV is missing...and it's hard to put my finger on it.

My best guess that BF1 has some things that BFV doesn't.  I'll try to list the things that make BF1 much more fun for me.

- Many more and interesting stationary weapons
    - The ability to run and charge (bayonet speed)
    - Maps that are designed to funnel action into specific hot spots (I only play Conquest)
    - AT mines that actually do damage to tanks
    - AP mines that actually do damage to soldiers
    - Love the Support Mortar Cannon!

I think the big thing that the BF series overall has perfected is the feel of the shot.  The sound, feel and that little red X at the kill is gaming perfection!

I eagerly await BF6 no matter what, because even a flawed BF game is better than most other shooter franchises as far as just the general feel.
  • DigitalHype
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Reality of the matter is simple - there's prioritization of issues - and everyone in the forums, reddit, social channels, Discord, YouTube comments, etc. all have different priorities on what they want to see fixed, changed, removed, added, etc. The team has a list of priorities based on gameplay needs, fixes, and improvements. They work to align the community priorities with their priorities. 

-Braddock512

Fair enough. But, why weren't many of the main issues reported by the community prioritized over other things then? Just one simple example of this:
    Unable to change assignments without exiting the server. This was clearly a high priority for many of the community. This got so much attention and drew plenty of ire from the community, including EA game changers. Everyone at DICE knew this. You personally even wrote that you were aware of this in the thread asking for feedback discussion on the assignment system.

I'm geniunely asking. What went into deciding to not solve this and not make it a priority? Did DICE/E feel it wasn't worth the time to invest in making this happen?  I realize the existing UI and architecture might not have allowed for it. But, there are some brilliant development engineers at DICE. If someone in management wanted this to happen they surely could have found a way to do it.

• CT1924
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

@Braddock512

Fair enough. But, why weren't many of the main issues reported by the community prioritized over other things then? Just one simple example of this:
    Unable to change assignments without exiting the server. This was clearly a high priority for many of the community. This got so much attention and drew plenty of ire from the community, including EA game changers. Everyone at DICE knew this. You personally even wrote that you were aware of this in the thread asking for feedback discussion on the assignment system.
    I'm geniunely asking. What went into deciding to not solve this and not make it a priority? Did DICE/E feel it wasn't worth the time to invest in making this happen?  I realize the existing UI and architecture might not have allowed for it. But, there are some brilliant development engineers at DICE. If someone in management wanted this to happen they surely could have found a way to do it.

I remember this being somewhat answered: implementing a track-all feature or other features would increase lag.
  • maskedocelot
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 1
    Feedback aimed at future titles:
    (console playing with randomers)

Single player - The only mission I really liked and felt worked the best in battlefield V was Tirailleur. The story is really nice and the map works really well and I felt it was more traditional to other games I've played. With it being wide enough to allow for interesting game play. I felt other maps were large just for the sake of it with very little in the way of enemies or reasons to use the space. Though i could see a large map like the 1 in under no flag being used as a tutorial were it to have full destruction, tons of enemies and vehicles as well as a mixture of guns and especially vehicles the player can use. If it was replayable and had no real objective and was free to roam with lots of info boxes  when the player does something for instance if you hit a tank for a glancing blow it could explain what that meant how to avoid it and to aim for the rear for more damage. Likewise if you were in a tank and it got disabled you could explain the tank disable mechanics and the tech tree with armour upgrades.
    I do feel the game may have needed a tutorial for certain mechanics which may have needed to be added to as things were implemented like rolling. However previous games single player maps for me were way too linear and i hated the "stand here" "pick this weapon up" "shoot at this" tutorials.
    I also can't fly for toffee on any game so for planes it would be nice to have something to practice with as well as info on how the sights work as I was very late to finding that out on battlefield V and only because people on the forums mentioned it.

Co-op -Don't know that it'd stay because I don't understand the point of the 1 in this game but didn't like that every mission ended the same way with a defence of a tiny area. Also i have no interest in firestorm or E-sports elements.

Multiplayer- I mostly play conquest but also grand ops on bf1 and breakthrough on bfv.
    - a bunch of maps on bf5 had too little cover.
    - I like the stationary weapons on the pacific maps but on the original maps they make me feel like I'm not in the game. Possibly due to them being in/close to regen.
    - I like that vehicles don't get destroyed in regen before any1 can get to them.
    - I prefer the slower tanks from bf1 and bf5 but obviously camping is a problem so maybe more armour.
    - I like the end of round team shuffle in bf1 and think it may be compulsory to have something similar. Battlefield V is way too frustrating and there's no incentive to stay in servers when they're lose all day/win all day, I also didn't want to play battlefield 1 when the team shuffle disappeared and I loved that game.
    - Not really a fan of 1 class having all the explosives and constantly having to switch away from the class with the gun I want to use, would be nice if explosives were spread out to every1 via gadgets but they don't all need to have the same damage models/range.
    -Iwo jima conquest to me seems that the outcome is mostly dictated by regen positioning in relation to F given peoples weird insistence on going to the nearest position and in straight lines. It wouldn't surprise me if the beach team win more than the land team as their start point leads people to spread out more and go to E more than the land team and D. So avoid doing that.
    -Battlefield 1 had guns that could be upgraded by doing assignments but the gun you unlocked always seemed worse than the one you started with.
    -Assignments in battlefield V are a horrible concept to me and I preferred the more passive medals and ribbons system + they looked nice.
    -Please implement internal systems that stop future content not being plugged in to everything it's supposed to be like the selb and the spotting perk which didn't work for months or the typos on assignments that never matched the code.
    -If something is complicated to implement maybe don't bother. Sticky grenades that stick to your own face aren't fun, timers on grenades being extended solely so they can be kicked ruins them, dragging sounded horrible, not sure lunge mines were worth the hassle compared to something like limpet mines.
    -I like the ability to have in house fortifications so you can build them up again to some extent.
    - I like the variation in melee animations
    -Battlefield V loading screens are way too long and only got longer as more stuff was added.
    -Given CC's kept glitching and it stops people upgrading weps maybe don't have an in game currency and make it clear what's a gun and what's a skin when people purchase stuff.
    Edited to add
    -The spotting in battlefield V may have been nicer if it was proximity, playing with random folk rather than a clan I'm not always near them and there's no real point in me telling some1 at the opposite end of the map that there's a tank next to me. I'd rather tell the guy with the rocket launcher that's sat next to me facing the wrong direction.
  • Noodlesocks
    3631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All modes should be made available at all times.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 1
    CT1924 said:
    (Quote)

@Braddock512

I remember this being somewhat answered: implementing a track-all feature or other features would increase lag.
    It's basically the same thing as '"the tech is not here".
    That tech is not here for many many things and at this point we can't hope those will be fixed or improved.