If Dice wants their next game to be successful they must listen to hardcore players

YUKnowWhatItIz
342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
This isn't a bashing thread for Normal core players, it's strictly talking about the addition of Hardcore.

Hardcore really isn't a demanding option. We just want more damage, no map, and no aim assist. If we can get those things the game would be fine. Sure things like flares may not work correctly, but it's Hardcore.

Battlefield Bad Company 3, BF3, and BF4 are good examples

Comments

• Trokey66
    9109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    While I do think there is a place for hardcore mode in Battlefield and that it should always be available at launch, I thoroughly believe that the core game is a lot more important because that is where the majority of players are going to be. If the core game isn't good, a hardcore mode would be nothing but a bandaid at best.

Absolutely, but trying to 'combine' modes into a one size fits all satisfies no one.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    I highly doubt addition of HC mode can automatically make the game successful. It's not that simple.

That said, a hardcore mode would give the masochists somewhere to go and us normal people can play without a hardcore lite approach.

In that sense, I hope BF6 does have a separate hardcore mode.
    Absolutely.
    Still, the game won't magically become enjoyable if HC is added.
    I doubt such addition will change anything in BFV and its soft-core approach.
  • Trokey66
    9109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    Absolutely.

It is too late for BFV, hardcore should have been there from the start, hopefully that will be the case for BF6.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    6294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    (Quote)
    Absolutely.

It is too late for BFV, hardcore should have been there from the start, hopefully that will be the case for BF6.
    Well EA "promised" to make some additions to community games so maybe those will include HC option.
    Of course it had to be here from the beginning but you know... BFV is a very special child.
  • SirBobdk
    5318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 4
    Dice would have to change a lot of stuff if the funfactor should clime above 4/10 imo.
    Not only hardcore vs normal mode, but also a working AC, private servers, performance, balance, mapdesign, semi sniper sim, stupied animations, attrition, upgrade trees, asignments and garbage mechanichs for tanks and planes.
    Its a cocktail that simply taste bad. Hopefully Dice have learned a lesson and will get back to what worked very well in the past and not make this kind of mess again.

• NuttysKunKs
    566 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    200% damage model would be awful.

It would need to be 60% health.

Otherwise u have a semi auto 1 hit kill any range weapon. ZH-29.

Tbh Planes already seem to be taken from hardcore mode...
  • YUKnowWhatItIz
    342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I highly doubt addition of HC mode can automatically make the game successful. It's not that simple.

That said, a hardcore mode would give the masochists somewhere to go and us normal people can play without a hardcore lite approach.

Why'd you turn this into a bashing thread? It doesn't even mention the normal game mode in a bad light?
  • GrizzGolf
    1413 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

• kreepypriest
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If I pay for something I like to have the power, to ban specific things..mainly attachments..bringing in server rentals will help..HC will always be fun..it’s the only place where the snipers can actually rank up their weapons..
  • Trokey66
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Why'd you turn this into a bashing thread? It doesn't even mention the normal game mode in a bad light?

I haven't, you have simply been over sensitive to what I said.

Having dabbled in hardcore, I genuinely rhink that people who enjoy that mode are masochists with no insult intended.

You may also want to look up the definition of 'masochist' before responding further.
  • wildbam
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    flares and spotting should work in HC mode.. just press "M" to open the map ;) that's how it worked in bf4

the 3D-spotting is what annoys me the most in SC .. ofc a faster ttk is also nice =)
  • jroggs
    1224 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If DICE actively promotes Hardcore, then they have to actively support it. That means everything they make, fix, and change for the main game needs to looked at and tweaked from the HC perspective as well. And right now they don't even know how to balance one damage/ TTK system.

Another issue I've seen from HC discussions is that if you ask 10 HC players what HC mode is supposed to be, you'll get 10 significantly different answers.

HC belongs only in custom games. DICE needs to give players the ability to create whatever gimmick mode they want and not have to worry about it.
  • MammiBoo
    418 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I faceplanted when anyone in any game bf franchise related, claimed hardcore is good. I imagine that first one year in BF5 with people blending into the ground or camoing perfectly that you literally stepped on them, playing hardcore mode. Better name in campcore mode.
    Aside that campcore mode should be added for a simple reason. Let those true players play hide n seek game thinking it is arma or a virtual warfare game. And the best part of battlelog history was about those platoons calling themselves vets with military ranks and such. Best entertainment ever on Batttlefield.
  • GenCuster
    196 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If at least they gave us the "friendly fire" ,
    we would stop seeing spamm of artillery and grenades in the middle of a basic conquest,
    and "magically" all the teammates hopping cheerfully without any damage....
    and finally be able to eliminate some cheaters with teamkill.....

• DerDoktorMabuse
    382 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2 years of battlefield5 = 0 ragequit
    10 hours of "hell let loose" = 1 ragequit

Most of you people crying for HC could not stand it... and those who can, are few...
    But i fully support this

"DICE needs to give players the ability to create whatever gimmick mode they want and not have to worry about it."
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2247 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What was HC like in say BF4. Was it just double or triple damage and no spotting? Was friendly fire on?  Mechanically though wasn't it the same game? I can't remember cos I hardly played it.