Notes of patch 6.6

13»

Comments

• Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter wrote: »
    Again an AA Buff ? damn, i thought that they were already OP, then again i don't play with planes alot so i wouldn't know...the bonus points for making pilots bail is a welcome addition though
    They were never op.

I played Hamada on breakthrough yesterday night and i took down bombers with the SAA easily, then again it would depend on how skilled the pilots are but i found the AA pretty powerful as they are..
  • ElliotLH
    9536 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not sure how I feel about the AA buff as on one hand I've taken out a load of AA users so far but have been rekt several times by them when trying to dog fight with other planes. I suspect that the appeal of using AA will wear off again shortly but we'll see what happens.
  • Trokey66
    9085 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Agree. They got it quit right in BF1. Air vs ground but also air vs air.
    It was fun to fly in BF1, something that is missing in BFV. As a pilot farming infantry in the beginning of pacific was no fun if any might hink that.
    Balanced games are fun imo, not the number of kills.It feels like theres to many vehicles and AA/SAA for Dice to balance In BFV.

With the exception of Heavy Bombers mind. Other than that I agree, BF1 was in a canny space.
  • SirBobdk
    5315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    Trokey66 said:
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Agree. They got it quit right in BF1. Air vs ground but also air vs air.
    It was fun to fly in BF1, something that is missing in BFV. As a pilot farming infantry in the beginning of pacific was no fun if any might hink that.
    Balanced games are fun imo, not the number of kills.It feels like theres to many vehicles and AA/SAA for Dice to balance In BFV.

With the exception of Heavy Bombers mind. Other than that I agree, BF1 was in a canny space.
    Agree, bombers are a bad choice when the maps have become much smaller.
    They were a little better in BF1 imo, but are just awfull in BFV. I prefer Fighters and attack planes only.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Main question is, did every AA get that buff? Like Pacific SAA too?
  • bigiain
    382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Only tried them on Narvik, rotten lobby, we just steamrolled. Four aircraft kills and and the ones I couldn't kill were completely denied airspace. Even I think they might have gone too far here.

They seem to have improved the textures on the character customisation screen as well, which is a bit late.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    403 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I hope DICE makes the assignments easier, like I can finish them in combined arms. Or remove the hardest assignments like 10 headshot in 1 live while enemy are on objective area, Or 20 HS in 1 round.

That rule like in 1 round, remove that.
    Some assignments is it impossible to get it.
    Also another 1, S2-200 need 7 kills beyond 50m in 1 live or 20 kills in 1 round.

Remove that 'in 1 round'
  • ro7hbard
    167 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Any word on what the last June update has in store for us? I heard a rumour they are adding USSR and five new maps :smiley:
  • Nutcrusherr
    357 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ro7hbard wrote: »
    Any word on what the last June update has in store for us? I heard a rumour they are adding USSR and five new maps :smiley:

Dont get your hopes up... :D
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1394 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Plane flares fixed. AA buffed. Damn this was a good patch. 
  • Damadtree
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    Hate how they changed the colors after spending so much time getting my outfits right, now none of them work anymore ><
  • iwashighwayman
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    They WERE already OP against slow planes (like heavy bombers), IF you know HOW to use them.

Lets hope they are ONLY buffed against the FAST planes that can bomb ... those could not be taken down, when the pilot was not a complete noob or not already damaged in a dogfight.

But knowing Dice: the balance is again completely destroyed and terrible, they always (over) nerf or buff the wrong things ...

No, they were doing what they were supposed to do against newbie pilots. It was almost impossible to destroy fully upgraded planes with pro pilots or just even surprise them because their evasive maneuvers were good enough to make it to the safety even after taking some damage. Even bombers. German SAA is crap.
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    (Quote)
    They WERE already OP against slow planes (like heavy bombers), IF you know HOW to use them.

Lets hope they are ONLY buffed against the FAST planes that can bomb ... those could not be taken down, when the pilot was not a complete noob or not already damaged in a dogfight.

But knowing Dice: the balance is again completely destroyed and terrible, they always (over) nerf or buff the wrong things ...

No, they were doing what they were supposed to do against newbie pilots. It was almost impossible to destroy fully upgraded planes with pro pilots or just even surprise them because their evasive maneuvers were good enough to make it to the safety even after taking some damage. Even bombers. German SAA is crap.
    I never had any issue killing even skilled pilots, even when I was stuck in a Flak 38.
    Tactics, strategy, positioning.  I know they may be difficult concepts for you infantry crybabies since you're apparently nothing but a bunch of headless chickens, but they work wonders out in the field.

Want to prove me wrong on my assessment of your intellect?  Quit crying about balance until you actually have proper experience with the tools provided, pay attention to what's going on around you, and most of all, quit running around in massive blobs that let others rack up dozens of kills in a single shot.
  • BulletMaggnet
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The patch cost me my Snakebite skin for the Thompson.
    It is available for the other weapons, but not the Thompson.
  • fragnstein
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    I never had any issue killing even skilled pilots, even when I was stuck in a Flak 38.
    Tactics, strategy, positioning.  I know they may be difficult concepts for you infantry crybabies since you're apparently nothing but a bunch of headless chickens, but they work wonders out in the field.

Please enlighten us with the best way to position the saa, I think we would all like to hear that 1.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ro7hbard said:

I doubt we get 5 new maps.  1 was rumored for sure.  But we haven't gotten a new map since what Wake Island back in December?  That's over 5 months ago.  You would think with no support beyond June possibly.  They would try and go out with a bang of 2 or 3  new maps.  Old road map felt like a new map was released every other month or two for sure.