The mentality of some players never ceases to amaze... [Getting griefed by one of my own team]

RipGroove99
186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Aerodrome, Breakthrough, attacking the first sector, I'm a Scout sat just 110m to the left of the 'A' flag, I 'm the #1 player on our team and go 36-2 by sniping the enemies flank and dropping a couple of Artillery strikes on them at the 'A' flag. Then what I can only describe as an extremely immature player on my own team decides I'm not doing enough for the team as he see's the Scout logo by name on the scoreboard and somehow just assumes 'I'm useless' so he spends the rest of the game absolutely slating me in the chat about playing the objective and running back and fourth between me an ammo crate so he can constantly cover me in smoke so I can't see anything, this cost us kills, a spawn beacon near the 'A' flag, multiple flares over the AO and another Artillery strike.

So how on Earth does he think his actions helped the team? All he did was cost the team.

There are some really weird players in this game. I've had this type of griefing done to me a few times when I'm doing well as a Scout, even though I'm never far from the objectives and I always support the team with Artillery strikes, flares and spawn beacons and if the flow of the game dictates it I'll grab the Assault class and go push the OBJ's.

I actually started sniping on this game after a really bad case of Tennis Elbow (I actually tore the tendon), I couldn't use a mouse for a couple of months and even when I could it was painful and had limited mobility so when I was finally able to actually game again I decided to learn sniping as it involved a lot less stress on my tendons than running around CQB style.

Ultimately he made himself look pretty stupid anyway by slating me in the chat because for the next game I left the server and rejoined it so I was on the opposite team as him so he couldn't grief me any more and I decided to play Assault played really aggressively so I was #1 on our team again and our team started taking sectors quickly so I said to him "maybe you need to whine at your team some more to PTFO" and he left the server lol. Classic case of happy to dish it out and grief people but can't deal with it himself.  

There really needs to be some kind of punishment for people who grief other people like that as it can completely ruin the game for them. If I thought submitting a video clip of him would have actually done anything then I would have. Yes I could have just left but as I said I was having a good game and shouldn't have to leave because of someone else. Maybe in BF6 griefers and cheaters will be dealt with properly.

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Turn off the chat when it happens and dont let them get under your skin.
    Its not worth the frustration. 

• RipGroove99
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »

Usually I do mate but there's not much you can do to get away from it when they follow you around and keep covering you in smoke :-(
  • SirBobdk
    5315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 12
    SirBobdk wrote: »

Usually I do mate but there's not much you can do to get away from it when they follow you around and keep covering you in smoke :-(
    I know. Some people dont know how to behave in a casual pub game. Everyone should be able to play the way the like without being harased by other players. I have also had many games where people were on my back.
    Post edited by SirBobdk on
  • VOLBANKER
    1716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I myself have various injuries in wrists, shoulders and elbows.
    If it wasn’t for the things I mention below, I couldn’t use a computer at all:

- Ergorest elbow supports

- Rollermouse Free3 (an alternative to using a mouse)

Try Google these two things - who knows, they might be valuable to you too.
  • RyleyMA61
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The PTFO idea has some people confused. People think unless you're running action man from objective to objective to objective you're not PTO.

Defending, setting up perimeters and holding sectors are some of the strategies that really make Battlefield a great game, different to the rest.

Even in Panzerstorm, having a line of tanks stretching from E-D objectives can completely lock down and hold those objectives allowing infantry to get in and cap (ultimately they cannot do anything else on Panzerstorm right)

The run-and-gun only really just turns it into another TDM style, one dimensional shooter.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    226 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Every server has its share of numpties/muppets/muttonheads. I used to just text "Grow Up", which usually stopped them. Now I just turn off chat.

Don't waste your energy.
  • StealthAria
    576 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    RyleyMA61 said:
    The PTFO idea has some people confused. People think unless you're running action man from objective to objective to objective you're not PTO.

Defending, setting up perimeters and holding sectors are some of the strategies that really make Battlefield a great game, different to the rest.

Even in Panzerstorm, having a line of tanks stretching from E-D objectives can completely lock down and hold those objectives allowing infantry to get in and cap (ultimately they cannot do anything else on Panzerstorm right)

The run-and-gun only really just turns it into another TDM style, one dimensional shooter.
    The TDM players might disappear from the objective modes if they made it so kills didn't effect the game score and only gave personal score.  Might get people to realize objectives actually matter once the prospect of simply outkilling the bleed is gone.

A lot of the people that think PTFO is being right up in the front racking up kills are the people that zerg around the map, only ever holding a single point unless their team has the group they deem "campers"

Aerodrome, Breakthrough, attacking the first sector, I'm a Scout sat just 110m to the left of the 'A' flag, I 'm the #1 player on our team and go 36-2 by sniping the enemies flank and dropping a couple of Artillery strikes on them at the 'A' flag. Then what I can only describe as an extremely immature player on my own team decides I'm not doing enough for the team as he see's the Scout logo by name on the scoreboard and somehow just assumes 'I'm useless' so he spends the rest of the game absolutely slating me in the chat about playing the objective and running back and fourth between me an ammo crate so he can constantly cover me in smoke so I can't see anything, this cost us kills, a spawn beacon near the 'A' flag, multiple flares over the AO and another Artillery strike.

So how on Earth does he think his actions helped the team? All he did was cost the team.

There are some really weird players in this game. I've had this type of griefing done to me a few times when I'm doing well as a Scout, even though I'm never far from the objectives and I always support the team with Artillery strikes, flares and spawn beacons and if the flow of the game dictates it I'll grab the Assault class and go push the OBJ's.

I actually started sniping on this game after a really bad case of Tennis Elbow (I actually tore the tendon), I couldn't use a mouse for a couple of months and even when I could it was painful and had limited mobility so when I was finally able to actually game again I decided to learn sniping as it involved a lot less stress on my tendons than running around CQB style.

Ultimately he made himself look pretty stupid anyway by slating me in the chat because for the next game I left the server and rejoined it so I was on the opposite team as him so he couldn't grief me any more and I decided to play Assault played really aggressively so I was #1 on our team again and our team started taking sectors quickly so I said to him "maybe you need to whine at your team some more to PTFO" and he left the server lol. Classic case of happy to dish it out and grief people but can't deal with it himself.  

There really needs to be some kind of punishment for people who grief other people like that as it can completely ruin the game for them. If I thought submitting a video clip of him would have actually done anything then I would have. Yes I could have just left but as I said I was having a good game and shouldn't have to leave because of someone else. Maybe in BF6 griefers and cheaters will be dealt with properly.
    I get it a lot too.  I'll be the one guy on my team that's actually using AA to defend against the pilots that keep wipe 90% of the team every pass, only to have some big-brain decide to plant himself on my gun and spam smoke on my otherwise concealed position. Vvt 
    I play on console, so I don't have to deal with people being stupid in text chat, but I still get yelled at by my squad and have people spamming obnoxious callouts (which the enemies can hear) right next to me.