Make a playlist of maps without planes

CSO7777
2013 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited May 2020
I just can't stand it anymore. Trying to cap a flag and a bomb just drops on you without any sound at all (silent plane), just instant/random death.

You often can't take cover from bombs, and also if fighting other infantry, you cannot sit around looking at the skies for enemy planes, it just doesn't work that way.

In my opinion bombers should never have been part of this game, having infantry capping objective areas just makes bombers unfit for the game.

Dice please make a playlist of maps without planes.

Comments

• SOMEMOSTER
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Make a playlist of maps without AAs.
  • VOLBANKER
    1719 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just stop playing BFV, it’s not all that much fun anyway.

Played a couple of rounds today after a little break, and once again I immediately notice how awful movement feels in BFV.
  • SirBobdk
    5329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree bombers should never have been in this game. Only fighters and attack planes.
    They cant figure out how to balance why we see the endless nerfing and buffing of FF, AA and planes. They got it almost right in BF1 and now this mess.
  • CSO7777
    2013 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    Agree bombers should never have been in this game. Only fighters and attack planes.
    They cant figure out how to balance why we see the endless nerfing and buffing of FF, AA and planes. They got it almost right in BF1 and now this mess.
    I think we actually learned from BF1 that bombers are just killing the fun for infantry.

How Dice ever thought a game where you cap flags on the ground needs bombers, is a big mystery for me. And doing it twice in a row just show how clueless Dice has become, when it comes to making good/fun games.

The best thing is fog/storm where the planes just roam freely and keeps bombing contested objectives, that is really BF at its finest.
  • SirBobdk
    5329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2020
    Imo bombers were better in B1 since the were slow and only had few bombs. The front Gunner was the problem. It would have been perfekt if they had to go back and rearm like in BFV.
  • SirBobdk
    You know someone at dice was having a laugh at peoples expense when they put planes on that fjell map.  It's like shooting fish in a barrel having bombers spam random areas for the easiest multi kills imaginable.  A map that quite obviously should have been infantry only.    

Yes it should or with tunnels and undergrund structures. Again bad map design and gameplay.
  • GenCuster
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes but so whining pilots would not be able to make farm kills and conclude 80 - 0 ;)
    In the other post they are already whining about the new pacht
    Last night I played...and finished 7-14,
    using almost exclusively AA...
    as someone says "camping".
    These players finished the game with 71-7 and 23-5 using only planes...ie "camping"
    If they had AA nerfs they would have complained

• SirBobdk
    GenCuster said:
    Yes but so whining pilots would not be able to make farm kills and conclude 80 - 0 ;)
    These players finished the game with 71-7 and 23-5 using only planes...ie "camping"

I guess its Fjell or Iwo again. 
    Fjell and Iwo cannot be used as representative. we all know they're terrible
    Show me the same on Twisted steel, Narvik, Hamada, Panzerstorm and Arras.
  • AmosBurton_GER
    947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GenCuster wrote: »

Great post which shows the core of the problem. Many pilots (many, I don't say "all") are not really afraid of unbalance. 99% of the pilots will always conclude with an xx:x K/D rate.
    They are afraid that they will die more often due to more effective AA, which means that they will lose their precious plane at next respawn to a faster player waiting to get a spawning plane into his hands.
    And then, forced to play infantry, they are suddenly on the wrong side of the bomb's warhead and get a taste of the annoying bomb rain they usually watch from the safety of high altitude.
  • GenCuster
    224 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk said:
    GenCuster said:

I guess its Fjell or Iwo again. 
    Fjell and Iwo cannot be used as representative. we all know they're terrible
    Show me the same on Twisted steel, Narvik, Hamada, Panzerstorm and Arras.
    The point is, people will always complain.

• Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:
    I just can't stand it anymore. Trying to cap a flag and a bomb just drops on you without any sound at all (silent plane), just instant/random death.

How often can we take cover in air when instant/random silent FF comes?
  • Elephante33
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 said:

You often can't take cover from bombs, and also if fighting other infantry, you cannot sit around looking at the skies for enemy planes, it just doesn't work that way.

In my opinion bombers should never have been part of this game, having infantry capping objective areas just makes bombers unfit for the game.

Dice please make a playlist of maps without planes.
    @CSO7777

my guy just make a playlist yourself then with only Rotterdam and Devestation if it bothers you so much
  • SirBobdk
    CSO7777 said:

Instant?  lol the FF is pretty slow, and how do you expect to get a "warning" about it?  Not like it's modern warfare with a lock on alarm. 
    I appreciate the silence. My ears still hurt after BF3 / 4  :D
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 2020
    Im so done with Your comment will appear after it is approved.

bombs beep when they fall, ur stupid logic.
  • cashm0n3y08
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, some of these pilots have real estate in your heads. Spend 5 minutes in the forums its quite obvious. Pilots have you on strings. 
  • CSO7777
    CSO7777 said:

If the game didn't have bombers (and sound issues) the FF wouldn't even need to as "powerful" as it is.

It all comes down to bad decisions by Dice and putting themselves in a situation that cannot really be solved. They end up in this balancing/re-balance cycle that will never end (it will after june...).
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    CSO7777 said:

Instant?  lol the FF is pretty slow, and how do you expect to get a "warning" about it?  Not like it's modern warfare with a lock on alarm. 
    Bombs beep when they fall.
  • Man_ILoveFishing
    @GENERALONGDONG

Yeah, bombs beep when they fall.