Matchmaking balancing....

Ninofarrugia
postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited May 11
Hey all,

Is it just me or in the balancing in BF5 feel completely wrong?

I play BF5 on the PS4 with a few of my cousins in the evenings, more so since lock down.

Gives us a chance to get together virtually and try and relax.

Now due to our lives we don’t get to play this game very much as such, we are in the low 20’s levels however something we have noticed, we will be having good games with the loss/victory's being even and relatively close then, a few level 200/300+ join the game as we play a new game. This game is called,

Who can get the most deaths.

Sometimes is often feels like your spawning to die which as you can probably imagine becomes very frustrating.

We don’t mind losing by all means but it does same extreme to match up level 20 players with people over level 200/300+

They have more hours in the game, more knowledge of common patterns, spawn points, maps, guns, tactics etc.

Not to mention, more unlocks, better guns.

We enjoy the game but when this happens it just ruins it for us. We then spend half the night searching for another room with players around our level bracket which proves very difficult and is often resulting in the night ending early.

Now before I get flamed with the “get better comments” don’t waste your time, I am not interested.

Dice/EA - If you are reading this, please can you look into a way to match people of similar level brackets? But if it is not possible could this please be something you look at for Battlefield 6?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• A_al_K_pacino_A
    1117 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Balancing is difficult as many players join via the server browser instead of the match making so they can end up anywhere. There is a bit of shuffling between rounds but that is countered by players leaving games while that is happening.

Another issue can be platoons or parties playing together (nothing wrong with it other than potential balance issues), too many of these working together and the other team will have a problem.

There should be newb servers available, maybe on smaller maps with a lower player count, for the first few levels (15-20). BF4 had this, don't know about earlier games, and it is a good starter for a game that can be overwhelming to start with.

Don't blame the weapons though, the ones you start with are more than capable of killing people.
  • ScUTaRO1
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 11
    Matchmaking is really bad in BF games. They can't find any solution for that for years. We got used to see things like this (Friendly forces 500 Enemy forces 0).   
    Post edited by ScUTaRO1 on
  • Shadow0nTh3Sun
    146 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Excuses aside, matchmaking sucks.  At a minimum, there should be equal amount of players per team.  This is often unbalanced.  Evening out experience and pre-made squads is another story.
  • LeesSummit09
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you find yourself against platoons, might as well leave, because they play the way BF was intended.   If you are lucky and get on that team, the game can be fun.  Unfortunately, the teams you usually get put on has 15 snipers and 10 squads of 1 and 2 players(not locked, so not friends).  If you look at your team and this is what you see(7 out of 10 times for me), the game is going to suck.  I got a friend to join recently and he dislikes the game already because he can't understand why no one else is going for the objectives.  Since he is just learning, he goes 2-whatever and becomes frustrated.  I told him, once you die 3 or 4 times trying for objectives with just a few other players, you eventually just turn to sniping or quit.  So, unless they can divide teams by how to play objective, many games will still suck.
  • XDCFluffy
    268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    at least iam not afraid cheaters or gaming clans man

Don't think anyone is afraid.

DICE didn't even attempt to balance this version of the failing franchise.  I have seen the best players on the losing side get switched to the winning team for the next map on quite a few occasions.  In addition to this no swapping teams mid game (without leaving and and coming back in).  It is one of  the areas where GOOD admin run servers were often the answer, but EA/DICE already stuck two fingers up at the community that made this game so popular.

Honestly so much is broken it is difficult to understand the idiocy that led to this mess.
  • Wybrem
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is no matchmaking, no anti cheat and you can't see anyone in bf:v I'm level 8 and I'm pretty much done, wasted 18eur on this trash. Last good bf was 4.
  • MintySSD
    137 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Played a game of breakthrough on wake island through the pacific map rotation on oceanic server.

It was a slaughter 12 v 26

We had no hope 😂
  • OoTh3z4cKoO
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played today a match we started 20 vs 26 after few minute we where 20 vs 27 , the game don't balance at the start of the match and even worse it give player to the other team . Worst balance ever in bf game
  • smokiuaces214
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Though I doubt the validity of your story, I have yet to see one lvl 200+, we definitely need balancing. Breakthrough is not fun if you're on a team that is outnumbered and outskilled.
  • crimsonbomber
    89 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Though I doubt the validity of your story, I have yet to see one lvl 200+, we definitely need balancing. Breakthrough is not fun if you're on a team that is outnumbered and outskilled.

I’ve seen quite a lot of level 200+ players on XB1, as well as a pretty fair amount of 300+ and a few over 400.. They are always playing together and I am assuming play nothing but bfv.. This game had by far the worst team balance of any I’ve ever played.. Between rounds starting with teams of 32 vs. 20 and the constant team stacking, it’s just ridiculous..
  • trip1ex
    5232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 15

It is a massive problem with the game/franchise.  

It's not as easy to solve in BF as other games  because teams are 32v32.  and players come and go in a round.  But they sure can do a much better job with balancing. 

at the very least put even numbers on each team and don't put all the best guys on one side.  give people the option to play in that environment.  but realize  if you don't want all the best guys on one side then you'll have to give up control of playing with friends in the same team.  The server will decide who is on what team.  So some rounds you might be with your friends and others not.  

They can still offer the legacy environment too.  I'd  rather have this choice then 10 versions of the same mode.