Knee sliding.

Comments

• TyroneLoyd_TV
    1771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm lost here. I have no issues killing people that slide as it really doesn't change the hit box just lowers the player model. Yes it's a jarring technique if spammed but other than having a momentum nerf so you don't keep the same speed after sprinting(I don't mind that) I don't see why it's unneeded.
    This seems like more of a knee jerk reaction asking for it to be removed entirely.

This pales in comparison to bf3 and bf4
    Studder step and jump strafing meta that actually fudged the hit boxes.
  • tempo_rarity
    1358 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ fragnstein : you've quoted NO examples of a mechanic intentionally being used for the purpose of unintentional-use 'bullet-dodging' . . .
    Revives , barrel-rolls , getting shredded by barbed-wire , partial parachute-deployments AND knee sliding are ALL part of the Game .
    Only one of these features are currently being 'misused' however .

sabootheshaman : Thank you very much for mentioning this "criminal behaviour" aspect that I can only poke at sideways .
    I strongly suspect by your choice of words that you've very clearly understood my feeble elucidation attempts regarding this 'abused' Game feature .
    As well ; historically , the strongest arguments in the Forum regarding the pros or cons of any issue are usually presented by those who are participants of that issue .
    Thanks , again .
  • InS_Hypno
    599 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah let's go back to the jump around corner to peek of BF3

Totally more immersive and doesn't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the hitboxes at all
  • HillbillyJohn
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't understand what the 'learn to aim' and 'get gud' comments have to do with players abusing a game mechanic.

It’s the meta. You are complaining about a technique some players use to play the game. Clearly because you are blaming it for your poor performances. Of course people will say that.

Same as everyone complaining about the TTK in the past. Stop blaming everyone and everything else for your failures.  
    I'm sorry bro, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.  
  • fragnstein
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ fragnstein : you've quoted NO examples of a mechanic intentionally being used for the purpose of unintentional-use 'bullet-dodging' . . .
    Revives , barrel-rolls , getting shredded by barbed-wire , partial parachute-deployments AND knee sliding are ALL part of the Game .
    Only one of these features are currently being 'misused' however .

I was quoting a person who wanted someone to try knee sliding for real. I was pointing out other mechanics that don't happen real life, kinda like bailing from a transport and just kinda sliding to a stop.

Actually dodging bullets is exactly what knee sliding is for, sorry to break it to ya. People do it all the time, never know when your gonna be shot at, especially by a sniper. Your just over reacting.
  • HillbillyJohn
    510 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ask youselves who would defend a mechanic in a game that is being over used and abused.
  • KMAsterisk
    293 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I understand why the changing direction/curving while sliding can annoy players, but I imagine it's more about being suprised by the movement as opposed to messing with hitboxes (zuzu jump anyone?).

There's plenty of things in this game people feel is 🧀, I doubt this one is going anywhere.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1771 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ask youselves who would defend a mechanic in a game that is being over used and abused.

Dont know didnt use the mechanic at launch as I didnt have it binded till late last year. scores and deaths didnt change much if at all. Its just jarring. So who are you talking to thats defending it to no end? All I see is some people arguing that it shouldnt be removed entirely or arguing that this series was never about realism.
  • VOLBANKER
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It looks silly and has got nothing to do with reality, but at the end of the day it’s no big deal.

It’s a video game.
  • Magikf1ngers
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:
    Yeah let's go back to the jump around corner to peek of BF3

Totally more immersive and doesn't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ the hitboxes at all
    Getting rid of a completely broken and out of place mechanic doesn't mean you have to go backwards, that's nonsense logic.
  • sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 18
    (Quote)

I think U might be self projecting turbo. You started the thread.
    Post edited by sabootheshaman on
  • Hawxxeye
    7748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 18
    I don't understand what the 'learn to aim' and 'get gud' comments have to do with players abusing a game mechanic.

It’s the meta. You are complaining about a technique some players use to play the game. Clearly because you are blaming it for your poor performances. Of course people will say that.

Same as everyone complaining about the TTK in the past. Stop blaming everyone and everything else for your failures.
    Something being meta does not stop it from being a disgusting practice that utilizes unnatural and unintuitive movement.
    Do I mind losing a gunfight? No. But I mind seeing such ridiculous things being the meta way to play, especially offensively.
  • HillbillyJohn
    (Quote)

I think U might be self projecting turbo. You started the thread.
    If you read my first comment you will see that I was asking if  Xbox had sliders, not about your opinion of my performance.
  • TFBisquit
    2284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If knee sliding would be abusive, then so is running full speed non stop. Both can be spammed, where knee sliding has a small cool down. They are not abusive, are not glitched.
    Does not mess with hitboxes.
    One can like or dislike something, but running and jumping is an integral part of almost any video game.
  • Hawxxeye
    7748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 18
    TFBisquit said:
    If knee sliding would be abusive, then so is running full speed non stop. Both can be spammed, where knee sliding has a small cool down. They are not abusive, are not glitched.
    Does not mess with hitboxes.
    One can like or dislike something, but running and jumping is an integral part of almost any video game.
    Do not get me started on the lack of momentum on the said running.
    Unnatural and unpredictable movement is not a good gameplay imho, at least in BF games. If it was some Quake game then anything goes.
    Or if they want to go the hippity-hoppity route for BF games they might as wee be consistent and ditch all the animations and physicality and make the movement of everything including the tanks be that way

• sabootheshaman
    1259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    Something being meta does not stop it from being a disgusting practice that utilizes unnatural and unintuitive movement.
    I mind losing a gunfight? No. But I mind seeing such ridiculous things being the meta way to play, especially offensively.

Disgusting? Hyperbole much?
  • Hawxxeye
    edited May 18
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)
    I mind losing a gunfight? No. But I mind seeing such ridiculous things being the meta way to play, especially offensively.

Disgusting? Hyperbole much?
    It is not a hyperbole if it is a subjective opinion. It is just an opinion.
    The same way my old mother cannot stand even a drop of hot sauce while I can put over a tablespoon of it.
    What is disgusting to me might be a delectable delicacy to you, it is still disgusting to me
    Even if you consider if a bit dramatized this is how the world seems to give feedback today if they want to be noticed

• DingoKillr
    4348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

Do I mind losing a gunfight? No. But I mind seeing such ridiculous things being the meta way to play, especially offensively.
    I think you need to look again. That was the faster sprint of the katana running up the hill, then the guy slided away behind cover. Exactly how the slide should be used. 

There is a cool down of a number of seconds and you can't fire when sliding.  The problem is you finish crouched that does offer lower spread, the ending of the slide is the issue not the slide itself.

DICE in late BF4 removed the fall firing on jumps to stop a hitbox exploit. Slide just needs some adjustment to just after ending, high recoil or spread is not the answer as most slide are used for close range attacks.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited May 18
    Hawxxeye said:

I think you need to look again. That was the faster sprint of the katana running up the hill, then the guy slided away behind cover. Exactly how the slide should be used. 

There is a cool down of a number of seconds and you can't fire when sliding.  The problem is you finish crouched that does offer lower spread, the ending of the slide is the issue not the slide itself.

DICE in late BF4 removed the fall firing on jumps to stop a hitbox exploit. Slide just needs some adjustment to just after ending, high recoil or spread is not the answer as most slide are used for close range attacks.
    So what would you suggest could be done?
    I am obviously biased against erratic movement so I am not the best one to make suggestions on that.