After the outcome of BFV what is your opinions on the future of the franchise?

1234568»

Comments

• trip1ex
    5183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I don't think the next one will be worse.
  • Callisto90
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 19
    Hawxxeye said:
    Mishkin37 said:

• keep the current gadgets and weapon-types for classes as they appeared in BFV (maybe give Support some C4)
    Heck NO
    The Assault needs to lose the best guns + best AT weapons combo like yesterday.
    The BF3/4 balance of spreading the AT tools on 2-3 classes other than the class with the best guns needs to return.
    If one wants to be the ultimate infantry hero they should not have a half their weight in explosives in their pocket just in case a tank comes by so they can both delete infantry and solo tanks at the same time.
    Maybe if the explosives were worth it.

It takes 3 Dynamite, 1 anti-tank grenade and 1-2 rockets depending on the tank to destroy it on your own.
    Getting all of those onto the tank takes time. So Sure it's possible to take out a tank if they're in FPP, But any tank in TPP and you're dead since they've got that 360 view of anything getting close enough with Dynamite. And that's only if the tanks doesn't have the specialization to stop dynamite from sticking to it.

Yet 1 tank shell kills someone. I don't see where the unbalance for Assualt lies?
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:
    Mishkin37 said:

• keep the current gadgets and weapon-types for classes as they appeared in BFV (maybe give Support some C4)
    Heck NO
    The Assault needs to lose the best guns + best AT weapons combo like yesterday.
    The BF3/4 balance of spreading the AT tools on 2-3 classes other than the class with the best guns needs to return.
    If one wants to be the ultimate infantry hero they should not have a half their weight in explosives in their pocket just in case a tank comes by so they can both delete infantry and solo tanks at the same time.
    Maybe if the explosives were worth it.

It takes 3 Dynamite, 1 anti-tank grenade and 1-2 rockets depending on the tank to destroy it on your own.
    Getting all of those onto the tank takes time. So Sure it's possible to take out a tank if they're in FPP, But any tank in TPP and you're dead since they've got that 360 view of anything getting close enough with Dynamite. And that's only if the tanks doesn't have the specialization to stop dynamite from sticking to it.

Yet 1 tank shell kills someone. I don't see where the unbalance for Assualt lies?
    You forget a Tank:

- has attrition, so CAN'T self repair all the damage from the inside

- has attrition to very limited ammo

The chance you encounter a Tank that is (close to) empty and already damaged is very big

- Tanks move terrible, slow and get stuck behind everything

- Tank canons CAN'T aim down or up (just a little, but not worth mentioning), so staying under the canon keeps you safe

- Directional audio (footsteps) is broken as can be, before the Tanker even knows you are close to him, you have already planted all your dynamite

- Every Assault has enough ammo to solo a Tank, the chance you are attacking the Tank alone is close to none.

There is a reason most Tankers in BF V stay FAR away from the battle ... and close to a resupplystation ... moving in is a certain suicide
  • Callisto90
    NLBartmaN said:
    You forget a Tank:

The chance you encounter a Tank that is (close to) empty and already damaged is very big

- Tank canons CAN'T aim down or up (just a little, but not worth mentioning), so staying under the canon keeps you safe

- Directional audio (footsteps) is broken as can be, before the Tanker even knows you are close to him, you have already planted all your dynamite

- Every Assault has enough ammo to solo a Tank, the chance you are attacking the Tank alone is close to none.

There is a reason most Tankers in BF V stay FAR away from the battle ... and close to a resupplystation ... moving in is a certain suicide
    - Quick repair and smoke does wonders.

-Everybody has attrition, mute point

- Contradicts your final statement

-Disagree, they travel fine and relatively fast if you're not plowing through buildings and fences.

- Not true, Sure you can't aim straight down. But tanks move way WAY faster than infantry. Simply reversing and aiming down and shooting near someone is all it takes.

-Like i said not an issue for TPP which most people use if they're not camping in the uncap

- True, but a tank is rarely without a machine gunner or another tank close by. Takes 1 shell vs the entirety of the assualts arsenal. Or multiple assualts using rockets. And even then a rocket does 14 damage if it doesn't glance, That's 9 rockets to take down a tank that uses it's quick repair , smokes and runs away.
  • Mishkin37
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    (Quote)

Heck NOThe Assault needs to lose the best guns + best AT weapons combo like yesterday.The BF3/4 balance of spreading the AT tools on 2-3 classes other than the class with the best guns needs to return.If one wants to be the ultimate infantry hero they should not have a half their weight in explosives in their pocket just in case a tank comes by so they can both delete infantry and solo tanks at the same time.

Interesting, I thought the BF3/4balance wasn’t great.

Assaults had the best guns (remember...the M16A3 was the “easy mode” gun everyone used...or maybe the A4). Plus they could heal and revive.

I like that the medic class now is forced to get in close and revive, since their SMGs lack range.

I like that Assaults can hang back a bit but will lose up close to a Medic.
  • TropicPoison
    2504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN said:
    You forget a Tank:

- Quick repair and smoke does wonders.

-Everybody has attrition, mute point

- Contradicts your final statement

-Disagree, they travel fine and relatively fast if you're not plowing through buildings and fences.

- Not true, Sure you can't aim straight down. But tanks move way WAY faster than infantry. Simply reversing and aiming down and shooting near someone is all it takes.

-Like i said not an issue for TPP which most people use if they're not camping in the uncap

- True, but a tank is rarely without a machine gunner or another tank close by. Takes 1 shell vs the entirety of the assualts arsenal. Or multiple assualts using rockets. And even then a rocket does 14 damage if it doesn't glance, That's 9 rockets to take down a tank that uses it's quick repair , smokes and runs away.
    Except you can respawn with all that explosive ammo again right away, also keep on topic of this thread you're derailing it, and you're obviously an assault player.
  • Callisto90
    Except you can respawn with all that explosive ammo again right away, also keep on topic of this thread you're derailing it, and you're obviously an assault player.
    Doesn't mean you respawn directly next to the tank you were trying to kill, also it's called a rebuttal, and you can't complain about derailing and then throw a snide remark about what class i play while also not adhering to the topic.
  • DingoKillr
    4124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 said:
    (Quote)

Heck NOThe Assault needs to lose the best guns + best AT weapons combo like yesterday.The BF3/4 balance of spreading the AT tools on 2-3 classes other than the class with the best guns needs to return.If one wants to be the ultimate infantry hero they should not have a half their weight in explosives in their pocket just in case a tank comes by so they can both delete infantry and solo tanks at the same time.

Assaults had the best guns (remember...the M16A3 was the “easy mode” gun everyone used...or maybe the A4). Plus they could heal and revive.

I like that the medic class now is forced to get in close and revive, since their SMGs lack range.

I don't think balance was great in BF3/4 but the idea of BFV Assault best Anti-Infantry and Anti-Vehicle is not balanced too.  Why can't we mix it up some what so we have Anti-Infantry, Anti-Vehicle, Medic and Support.
    Why can't Anti-Infantry have AR weapons and Sniper weapon with mostly Recon gadgets!
    Support having vehicle repair with bipod weapons like LMG/MMG is silly. 
    Anti-Vehicles have shotguns and DMR. 
    I think BFV medic is close to what is a good config. 

You know what I have serious doubt of any balance between classes or vehicles covering gadgets or ranges too. Why? Because there are parts of this community they want all glory just playing a single aspect, they will be the loudest voice in alpha and beta, going of this community insist that DICE listen. BFV 2.0  is coming. 

• buckiebull
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Number one a proper anti cheat system above all else or people will just leave for other games but then again will they buy the next Battlefield after that last disaster!
  • Squigib0
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm a BF Veteran and have owned every single game and expansion since BF1942.....  I don't know what's happening, but I'm losing faith in DICE/EA every single day.  -  I've stopped preordering anything from EA and DICE just moves project managers from one failed franchise to the next.  Same guy that created Battlefront 1 went on to BFV.   Only after he left working on Battlefront, did it start to get better.  Now he's destroying the Battlefield franchise.  This next "Battlefield" or whatever they are working on?  I really don't care, and that saddens me.  Since BF3 there has been a slow decline of the diehard player base.   I feel they are catering now only to consoles, and then porting to PC.  BF started on PC and should stay on PC.  If they want to create a console version, then make a CONSOLE ONLY version.  Sick of these PORTS and you know they all are.   Sorry to say, that I don't have much faith in DICE or EA anymore, and I was once a raging fanboy.  Not anymore.
  • trip1ex
    5183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 20
    Hawxxeye said:
    Mishkin37 said:
    (Quote)

Because of that the Assaults do not have a hard counter in BF1/V.
    in BF3/4 an assault without access to a nearby rocket stationary or an available tank would be completely countered by a bulletproof vehicle, the same way that a sniper/recon can hardly scratch a tank in the recent games.
    In BF1 it was not as bad because the assault had shorter range focused weapons so the BF1 assault was basically the BF3/4 Engineer with even more extra explosives that belonged to the support/recon.
    In BFV the assault class went full R with BF3/4 assault weapons + the BF1 medic semi autos that are at the worst cases viable for all engagements and at  the best cases the best for several engagements + all the combined explosive arsenal of the BF1 assault + the grenade launchers from the  BF1 medic (and the BF3/4 assault).

Now lets make a more direct comparison:
    In BF3/4 terms to create the BFV assault from the BF 3/4 one you do the following things:
    >You swap the revive pads and medic crate for the engineer's AT/AA launchers and AT mines
    >You take away the C4 from the support (and the recon if it is BF4) and add them to the assault with nothing in return
    > You take away all the faster and lower recoil semi autos from the recon or the classwide weapon pool (depending on if it is BF3 or 4) and make them assault exclusive

Can you now see that there is a ridiculous concentration of power on the BFV assault that no single class should have? It swapped some of its kit with another class and outright stole weapons and gadgets from 2 others classes for nothing in return
    Behold the Action Man

lol.   I do miss the BF42 classes.  They separated out engineer and AT from Assault.  AT just had a pistol and a bazooka. There was no Support class.  Assault had the BAR in that game tho.    BF2 was similar I think plus it added 2 classes. 

But if you think about it, Assault in BF1/BFV is basically the engineer class in BF4.   I know I defaulted to playing engineer in BF4 most of the time because I could help take out vehicles and help clear flags with the same class and those tasks are what is needed most on a team in BF generally speaking.  I'm just saying I think that's where it evolved from and it's too far from the engineer in bF4.

• PSJackman4
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    1.  Elegant.
    2.  Simple.
    3.  Succinct.

But it ain't a Haiku

Trust they destroyed
    Ignorance and incompetence
    Can't be restored

Much better.
    Not the exact 5-7-5 pattern for a haiku, but my english teacher would approve :)
  • sabersun
    149 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does not matter. People will complain. :-)
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 21
    @Squigib0 I have yet to see an EA press release that specifically mentions BF6 will be available on PC. Plenty of focus on next generation Consoles, though!
  • Hawxxeye
    7087 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 21
    trip1ex said:
    lol.   I do miss the BF42 classes.  They separated out engineer and AT from Assault.  AT just had a pistol and a bazooka. There was no Support class.  Assault had the BAR in that game tho.    BF2 was similar I think plus it added 2 classes. 

But if you think about it, Assault in BF1/BFV is basically the engineer class in BF4.   I know I defaulted to playing engineer in BF4 most of the time because I could help take out vehicles and help clear flags with the same class and those tasks are what is needed most on a team in BF generally speaking.  I'm just saying I think that's where it evolved from and it's too far from the engineer in bF4.

The assault WAS engineer in BF1 while the Medic was the actual Assault
    In BFV the Assault is both BF3/4 Assault and Engineer fused together with no compromises
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on