can dice recognize how op is zh29?

Comments

• Terminator000001
    825 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    iigloo said:
    (Quote)
    Just because everyone can use it, it doesn´t mean, it´s balanced. AT rifles to OHK up to 100m, even if you hit the toes of the enemy. That´s even more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 

But still, anyone can use it so nothing to bring up to discussion.
    That´s no excuse for bad balancing. 
  • TFBisquit
    2221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It never ends, does it. Game is dead, was crap to begin with, and still some seem to think things aren't how they're supposed to be.
    But I got news for you all, game is out of the window, so balance is out of the window too. The rest is what you're stuck with, if you choose so.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    1403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RCS in BF1 was 2hk up to 70 m btw.

true but the RSC never had any magnification beyond 2x on the factory or 3x for the optic i believe. plus BF1 and BFV are two games on the exact opposite of the spectrum in design. hard to compare apples and pears
    And that's because BF1 has a better feel of balancing stuff. Instead of what BFV has with "let's give everyone 3x scope and call it a day" joke.
    I'm not saying BF1 got the balancing perfectly with all abominations like SMG-0-SKILL but that's another side of the story.

at least the balance made sense and was intuitive. you would not be constantly questioning everything due to performance etc.
  • CT1924
    1141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hear me out here... bolt action rifles. They can ohk. You just need to aim much more precisely. Also, I can dodge once I get that first hitmarker. Which I do.
  • CT1924
    1141 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)
    And that's because BF1 has a better feel of balancing stuff. Instead of what BFV has with "let's give everyone 3x scope and call it a day" joke.
    I'm not saying BF1 got the balancing perfectly with all abominations like SMG-0-SKILL but that's another side of the story.

SMGs have skill at range. Just sayin. Also grease gun. 2hk with headshots. Also, maybe add an 8x scope, and remove glint from 3x? I don't main recon, but it seems fair. Coming from the person being sniped at.
  • NuttysKunKs
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    I will explain the reason I do not find the ZH as exciting as a PC player.
    .Yes it is 2 hit kill at any range but:It has a low RoFLow mag capacitySlow reload
    .A low RoF means that there is more of a chance that the target will be able to react between being hit 2 times, usually dodging and hiding but sometimes can even also shoot back and kill you before the second shot hits.The low mag capacity along with the low RoF means that you have only very limited shots to hit the target twice before you need to reload,which can be deadly to you.The slow reload just makes the low mag capacity worse...This is why I find the Model 8 the better SLR for up to 100m and for beyond 100m I would use a bolt action weapon.The Model 8 has that actually  fast enough RoF that it can potentially kill someone before they can react at the cost of an even slower reload..All this shows how recon is not meant to be a good combat class in BFV against players of similar skill.

Low rof but low ttk at any range. Plus you have a massive target to aim at.

You have basically no time to react if someone decent is using it. Especially with BF netcode.

Also most people don’t expect 2 body rounds to kill then.

I find hitting this 1st and 3rd shot while using the 2nd as suppression works very well mid/close range.
  • NuttysKunKs
    507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CT1924 wrote: »
    Hear me out here... bolt action rifles. They can ohk. You just need to aim much more precisely. Also, I can dodge once I get that first hitmarker. Which I do.

Against poor players ;) I only need to have 33% accuracy to kill you with 1 magazine.

Also I can kill you 120m away in a second by only hitting your body lol

120rpm is it? That’s 2 rounds per second.

It feels dirty sometimes at how easy it is once you get your eye adjusted to the recoil.
  • Hawxxeye
    7087 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 23
    I will explain the reason I do not find the ZH as exciting as a PC player.
    .Yes it is 2 hit kill at any range but:It has a low RoFLow mag capacitySlow reload
    .A low RoF means that there is more of a chance that the target will be able to react between being hit 2 times, usually dodging and hiding but sometimes can even also shoot back and kill you before the second shot hits.The low mag capacity along with the low RoF means that you have only very limited shots to hit the target twice before you need to reload,which can be deadly to you.The slow reload just makes the low mag capacity worse...This is why I find the Model 8 the better SLR for up to 100m and for beyond 100m I would use a bolt action weapon.The Model 8 has that actually  fast enough RoF that it can potentially kill someone before they can react at the cost of an even slower reload..All this shows how recon is not meant to be a good combat class in BFV against players of similar skill.

Low rof but low ttk at any range. Plus you have a massive target to aim at.

You have basically no time to react if someone decent is using it. Especially with BF netcode.

Also most people don’t expect 2 body rounds to kill then.

I find hitting this 1st and 3rd shot while using the 2nd as suppression works very well mid/close range.
    I find that nobody worth his salt is giving me a time land a second shot if they are aware of me.
    The distant enemies are already a much smaller target and are doing their best to headglitch.
    The close up enemies can always kill before the second hit, especially if they avoid 1-2 shots between the first and the second hit.
    I consider the times where it was possible to land 1 hits in a row with SLRs to be the exception rather than the rule.
    This of course could just be a "me-problem" but even on the receiving end I have very rarely see anyone being a threat with SLRs...Meanwhile I have seen plenty of very dangerous people with SMGs, ARs and SARs
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • NuttysKunKs
    (Quote)

I find that nobody worth his salt is giving me a time land a second shot if they are aware of me.The distant enemies are already a much smaller target and are doing their best to headglitch.The close up enemies can always kill before the second hit, especially if they avoid 1-2 shots between the first and the second hit..I consider the times where it was possible to land 1 hits in a row with SLRs to be the exception rather than the rule..This of course could just be a "me-problem" but even on the receiving end I have very rarely see anyone being a threat with SLRs...Meanwhile I have seen plenty of very dangerous people with SMGs, ARs and SARs

Good job 80% of the player base are easy and run around like headless chickens in the open.

Even the best players run through open ground making them vulnerable at times.

Spend a day with it playing different styles and you’ll be laughing at how you dominate mid/long range engagements.
  • Celsi_GER
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 24
    Every class has it's best weapon. So what?
    Yes, the ZH-29 is pretty strong, 2HK for almost all distances. But in return, while sniping with it, you are pretty vulnerable to everything which you have not zoomed in to.
    You long-range-kill me 1 time with it, I will quite surely ignore you. You kill me a second time with it, I will remember your location and come for you in a way you won't see me coming.
    Have a nice respawn, then.

But let's say they nerf it due to this thread. Then another model will be the "best" weapon in recon class, and another person will create a "nerf this" thread for it. And then for the next best weapon. And so on and so on.

Unless all weapon have the same strength (which would be quite boring, would it), such "nerf this because it has a little advantage" threads are pretty useless.
  • G-Gnu
    1526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No one @ DICE knows how to balance guns anyway, so the answer to that is a big fat NO.
  • Hawxxeye
    7087 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    (Quote)

I find that nobody worth his salt is giving me a time land a second shot if they are aware of me.The distant enemies are already a much smaller target and are doing their best to headglitch.The close up enemies can always kill before the second hit, especially if they avoid 1-2 shots between the first and the second hit..I consider the times where it was possible to land 1 hits in a row with SLRs to be the exception rather than the rule..This of course could just be a "me-problem" but even on the receiving end I have very rarely see anyone being a threat with SLRs...Meanwhile I have seen plenty of very dangerous people with SMGs, ARs and SARs

Good job 80% of the player base are easy and run around like headless chickens in the open.

Even the best players run through open ground making them vulnerable at times.

Spend a day with it playing different styles and you’ll be laughing at how you dominate mid/long range engagements.
    Out of curiosity, with which scope do you use it  Nutty?
  • BlackWidow88x
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The ZH-29 is a very noob friendly gun. Skilled players tend to gravitate to other snipers such as the Lee Enfield or the Kar98 which allow a 1 shot kill to the head at any range. The ZH-29 can't even get a 1 shot kill to the head at 10 meters. 
  • GrizzGolf
    1326 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's not that OP. I like it. 
  • NuttysKunKs
    (Quote)

Iron sights, found the scope exaggerated the recoil too much. Irons are very clean too.

Don’t know if I prefer the lightened stock as I move my soldier to counter the horizontal recoil.

The detachable magazine gives u 6 rounds.

I make a habit of reloading before I empty the chamber so there’s no long ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ action after a reload. Fast way to our 5 rounds in!
  • CSO7777
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The ZH-29 is a very noob friendly gun. Skilled players tend to gravitate to other snipers such as the Lee Enfield or the Kar98 which allow a 1 shot kill to the head at any range. The ZH-29 can't even get a 1 shot kill to the head at 10 meters. 
    I don't agree on this. Most high scoring players actually use the most effective guns. And the ZH-29 is perhaps the best gun in the recon-class.

You have a select few players (like Stodeh) that can really dominate with BAs, but the advantage of the ZH-29 is that it is somewhat useful at all ranges (ROF is not good but still better than BA-rifles). Most players using BAs are just camping and going for long-range kills, which is often not really very helpful for winning games (and they often get 10-15 kills in a round). The ZH-29 can be played pretty aggressively and do fine, which makes the recon class much more useful.

With the awful movement/netcode in BFV, getting headshots is not easy. The ZH-29 is much more "forgiving" and often much more effective than BAs.
  • talhaONE
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stg44 is the only in game that could use nerf.
  • Hawxxeye
    (Quote)

Iron sights, found the scope exaggerated the recoil too much. Irons are very clean too.

Don’t know if I prefer the lightened stock as I move my soldier to counter the horizontal recoil.

The detachable magazine gives u 6 rounds.

I make a habit of reloading before I empty the chamber so there’s no long ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ action after a reload. Fast way to our 5 rounds in!
    The problem I find with the iron sights on the recon weapons is that I know that the assaults and medics on the other end are having glint-less scopes trained at me...
  • Blackidus
    346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I avoid the ZH and use the Selbstlader 1906 instead, exactly the same damage, a bit higher ROF and with ironsights or the smallest scope you get the clip reload.
    I also prefer the ironsights on the 1906 wich makes it easier to go as an offensive scout.
  • Lancelot_du_Lac
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OP Thanks for the 'heads up'. I'll give it a try!