Cosmetic should ALWAYS be optional in every video games.

Colonel_Clegg
5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
If you are the kind of guy who think cosmetic don't completely ruin the atmosphere of a game you are blind !
We all know cosmetic only purposes is money. Ok!
But ... We should always have a option to turn them OFF.
The default option should always be the most " Classic" setting the game can't  offer.
Everyone wear a helmet.
Everyone wear a original uniform. 
The uniform should match the map design ( forest = green camo, winter = winter uniform, desert = desert camo ect...
The weapon should look original, made of wood and steel.
You know what i mean here. 

And for all the others who like the cosmetic thing, turn it ON and enjoy your self.
Go run in the desert of North Africa.
At 40° degree celsius.
With a British black woman. 
Who wear a white ski suit.
And a gaz mask.
Who shot Japanese woman. 
With a German bolt action rifle, painted in golden plate.
And finish her off with a criket bat.
Who constantly say. Hello old friend !

Comments

• SirBobdk
    5088 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would be nice to be able to turn it off.
    But I think it should be done seperatly for infantry and vehicles. I find vehicles ok.
  • Shrapnel-69
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    100% correct mate and i also would like to see rid of all the stupid camos and have just plain old real uniforms, There are loads of different ones like say british desert army have shorts and germans paratroopers with real camo pattens. I think facial hair should be an option dont you think...
  • ScUTaRO1
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 21
    I like to change uniform with different characters, but some outfits are really bad in BFV. They're not compatible with WW2. DICE did everything they can to ruin it since it's been released.

• TeamHOFF86
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 21
    I do get what you're saying, and I really want to agree with you, however...

I liked BF3 & 4's customisation - nothing OTT, you earn them as you rank up so some were a bit of a badge of honour.

I disliked the excessive weapon camos in BF1 but some of the player customisation was alright.

Some of the BF5 character models look terrible, and I'll direct that at a lot of the "elites". I hate seeing Japanese soldiers in Europe/random-desert-setting. I like the idea of BF5's mix and match character models, but they're severely lacking in a lot of respects. I didn't buy the game until 10 months after release after being put off by the pre-release trailer.

I really dislike the weapon skins and find they're too gimmicky, however given that I don't really see anyone else's weapons, I don't mind if weapon skins are in the game.

BUT, if DICE want to supplement their income through selling skins, which means that I don't need to purchase a one-off "Premium Pass" to receive DLC, then I can live with that.

All that I ask is that the paid content is tasteful and not garishly outlandish and completely out of keeping with the setting of the game.

OR, and here's a thought, save the outlandish skins for the "trendy" Battle Royale game mode.
    Post edited by TeamHOFF86 on
  • heresPaul
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    100% correct mate and i also would like to see rid of all the stupid camos and have just plain old real uniforms, There are loads of different ones like say british desert army have shorts and germans paratroopers with real camo pattens. I think facial hair should be an option dont you think...
    I stand to be corrected but I’ve always thought most WW2 soldiers (not counting U-boat sailors) were notably clean shaven, must of had time for a regular shave 😐
  • fs2097
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WOn't happen because they're selling these stupid skins. Remember when they said this will be the best WW2 game ever???? LOL!!!
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2217 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Won't happen, unless they can monetise it. im sure some been counter has already done the maths to see if money generated would offset the loss of mtx transactions on cosmetics