why is my K/D so bad in BF1?

124»

Comments

• HANSGRUBER30
    3059 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Record some of your game play and watch back your gunplay, not just the ones you win but the loses as well and see what worked and what didn't study them like they are the dead sea scrolls. I did this to help improve my gameplay and found it helped me out a lot.
  • disposalist
    8849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Record some of your game play and watch back your gunplay, not just the ones you win but the loses as well and see what worked and what didn't study them like they are the dead sea scrolls. I did this to help improve my gameplay and found it helped me out a lot.
    Very true. I often found, watched back (even slowed down) lots of the "oh, that wasn't fair" moments were totally my fault and lots of "that should have hit" moments were clear misses and lots of "where did he come from?" moments were actually where I wasn't paying attention.

It really helps in identifying what you are doing wrong and where you can fix it.

Not that I watch myself to improve often, but I did used to make BF1 vids and, so, ended up watching a fair amount of my own footage.
  • Ronin9572
    1157 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Colt6940H wrote: »
    I’m rank 132 and my K/D sucks, as does my internet speed. I get killed dozens of times a day by guys using the basic guns.

Sometimes rank just means some of us just spend too much time playing BF1 and not knocking out the honey do list. My wife has some choice comments about this sometimes.

We've all been there before!
  • Nudelauflauf9F
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For what thinking about KD? this is a casual game, the purpose of this game is enjoyable massive FPS game. Talking about KD, they shall remove kind of status in this game. It leads everyone using cheat and anything! You can see in ASIA! every match,every mode, every server! better tinking about how to solve peoples like that than thinking about KD in this game. If wanna thinking about KD, play another game that created for competitive.
  • WetFishDB
    2288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For what thinking about KD? this is a casual game, the purpose of this game is enjoyable massive FPS game. Talking about KD, they shall remove kind of status in this game. It leads everyone using cheat and anything! You can see in ASIA! every match,every mode, every server! better tinking about how to solve peoples like that than thinking about KD in this game. If wanna thinking about KD, play another game that created for competitive.
    Whilst KDR obsession is utterly pointless, it can't be ignored altogether.  Obviously in TDM it's hugely important.  But even in Conquest getting more kills than deaths contributes to the overall team score and the outcome of the game.  Dying over and over isn't going to to help anyone.  Being able to kill people and survive is kinda fundamental in a FPS if you want to contribute to winning games and improving, so the OP is entirely reasonable in wanting to improve.
  • disposalist
    8849 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    WetFishDB said:
    Whilst KDR obsession is utterly pointless, it can't be ignored altogether.  Obviously in TDM it's hugely important.  But even in Conquest getting more kills than deaths contributes to the overall team score and the outcome of the game.  Dying over and over isn't going to to help anyone.  Being able to kill people and survive is kinda fundamental in a FPS if you want to contribute to winning games and improving, so the OP is entirely reasonable in wanting to improve.
    Though one can get around a KD of 1 and make a MUCH higher contribution to the team than a camper with a KD of 10...
  • WetFishDB
    2288 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB said:
    Though one can get around a KD of 1 and make a MUCH higher contribution to the team than a camper with a KD of 10...
    On objective modes like Conquest, absolutely!  As I said, obsessing about it is pointless, but being able to effectively kill enemies AND play objectives is where the most effective players are at, so staying alive and killing enemies is still important - just not in isolation.
  • CSO7777
    1717 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB said:
    WetFishDB said:
    On objective modes like Conquest, absolutely!  As I said, obsessing about it is pointless, but being able to effectively kill enemies AND play objectives is where the most effective players are at, so staying alive and killing enemies is still important - just not in isolation.
    I agree on KD is not that important and obsessing over a stat can just result in the game being more work than fun.

But having a very low KD is not that fun, because it means getting slaughtered over and over. Having a KD at least around 1, will probably make the game more fun/tolerable to play (for most people).

And having a very low KD is often a indicator that something is wrong, with they way you play...
  • the_yakuza17
    193 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB said:
    WetFishDB said:
    Agreed. That's why having good medics that revive and allow teammates to continue on are important to a team's success in most game modes!