Sliding - really? get rid of it.

Comments

  • mesterKG
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 21
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    It's part of the game, it works as intended, it's not an exploit,everything else is a matter of taste, or vinegar in a bottle.

    Works as intended, you say? How do you know that? Who intended this to be sliding upstairs round a corner with type2a blazing? Did they intend constant sliding and gunning or a movement mechanic that would save your life by sliding into cover in a do or die fashion?

    I'm thinking the latter. And if I'm right then I like the idea, but think it could be improved upon. Longer cooldown is the simplest solution. Make it like jumping where consecutive slides get less and less powerful... And remove the ability to change direction.
  • Nutcrusherr
    317 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mesterKG wrote: »
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    It's part of the game, it works as intended, it's not an exploit,everything else is a matter of taste, or vinegar in a bottle.

    Works as intended, you say? How do you know that? Who intended this to be sliding upstairs round a corner with type2a blazing? Did they intend constant sliding and gunning or a movement mechanic that would save your life by sliding into cover in a do or die fashion?

    I'm thinking the latter. And if I'm right then I like the idea, but think it could be improved upon. Longer cooldown is the simplest solution. Make it like jumping where consecutive slides get less and less powerful... And remove the ability to change direction.

    Believe it or not it was already nerfed a few months back..
  • The_BERG_366
    2666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrizzGolf said:
    How do I slide? 
    by standards its double tap of your crouch button. But you can map it to any button you like. 
  • SunnyTheWerewolf
    362 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    talhaONE wrote: »
    Jetpacks could also be useful in this game. So Dice should introduce jetpacks to BF5 because "ItS uSeFuL".

    What a garbage logic.


    Well, jetpacks were in BF1942, so the inclusion of them wouldn't be that far-fetched.
  • Hawxxeye
    7087 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 21
    talhaONE wrote: »
    Jetpacks could also be useful in this game. So Dice should introduce jetpacks to BF5 because "ItS uSeFuL".

    What a garbage logic.


    Well, jetpacks were in BF1942, so the inclusion of them wouldn't be that far-fetched.
    *pictures a scenario where an assault flies up with the jetpack and bazookas an approaching plane on the face*
    In all seriousness, a jetpack with have a more "only in battlefield" feeling than the gritty authentic balderdash BFV is proud off.
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • InS_Hypno
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mesterKG said:
    TFBisquit wrote: »
    It's part of the game, it works as intended, it's not an exploit,everything else is a matter of taste, or vinegar in a bottle.

    Works as intended, you say? How do you know that? Who intended this to be sliding upstairs round a corner with type2a blazing? Did they intend constant sliding and gunning or a movement mechanic that would save your life by sliding into cover in a do or die fashion?

    I'm thinking the latter. And if I'm right then I like the idea, but think it could be improved upon. Longer cooldown is the simplest solution. Make it like jumping where consecutive slides get less and less powerful... And remove the ability to change direction.
    buddy if you are waiting and someone is pushing you, you should win that fight

    Sliding ain't the problem
  • cashm0n3y08
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem I have with sliding is not the spam, now mind you this might just be me, might be a net code issue, but when someone is sliding it feels like it throws off the hit detection in some cases. There have been a few times where I've been shooting as someone who's sliding and something just seems off, not getting hit markers when I should. This could also be exasperated on console with the 30hz servers and poor frame rates at times. 
  • trip1ex
    5183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's something that the game/servers can't handle.  there is a such a delay in BF that this stuff just isn't in sync. 

    It's like in BF1, even to this day, it's hard to get used to that bayonet charge locking onto you even tho it feels like the enemy  is 5m away.    Same with some of the cavalry play.  

    But at least the bayonet charge and horse feels like it is ww1.  

    The slide is, as was said above, "out of some arena shooter."    

    also if its effective then you are kind of forced to slide around.  You're forced to spam it.  

    I also don't like it because in first person it doesn't do anything for me.  It just lowers your camera slightly.

    but I don't play BFV much at all so I don't care in the end.  lol.
  • mesterKG
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)
    buddy if you are waiting and someone is pushing you, you should win that fight

    Sliding ain't the problem

    Not sure what you mean, but you are maybe underlining what I think is the problem. Sliding would be nice and cool of used to get out of harms way in a last ditch effort.. Do or die.. Not as a way to get around map and round corners more efficiently.. Not as a pushing tactic. If sliding was implemented with a little more realism, ie. Loss of forward momentum upon completion and no direction change while sliding, it would not be 'misused'. I'm not saying its an exploit as in cheating. It's there, use it. Have fun and all that, but I will state my opinion on how the game can be better.
  • InS_Hypno
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mesterKG said:
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)
    buddy if you are waiting and someone is pushing you, you should win that fight

    Sliding ain't the problem

    Not sure what you mean, but you are maybe underlining what I think is the problem. Sliding would be nice and cool of used to get out of harms way in a last ditch effort.. Do or die.. Not as a way to get around map and round corners more efficiently.. Not as a pushing tactic. If sliding was implemented with a little more realism, ie. Loss of forward momentum upon completion and no direction change while sliding, it would not be 'misused'. I'm not saying its an exploit as in cheating. It's there, use it. Have fun and all that, but I will state my opinion on how the game can be better.
    might as well remove revives since it unrealistic and lead to abuse?
  • Major_Pungspark
    1570 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno said:
    mesterKG said:
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)
    buddy if you are waiting and someone is pushing you, you should win that fight

    Sliding ain't the problem

    Not sure what you mean, but you are maybe underlining what I think is the problem. Sliding would be nice and cool of used to get out of harms way in a last ditch effort.. Do or die.. Not as a way to get around map and round corners more efficiently.. Not as a pushing tactic. If sliding was implemented with a little more realism, ie. Loss of forward momentum upon completion and no direction change while sliding, it would not be 'misused'. I'm not saying its an exploit as in cheating. It's there, use it. Have fun and all that, but I will state my opinion on how the game can be better.
    might as well remove revives since it unrealistic and lead to abuse?
    That is your opinion, maybe just start a thread about remove revives. We get that you slide around the maps, hope you like it when everyone else starts sliding 75% of the time. 
  • mesterKG
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)
    might as well remove revives since it unrealistic and lead to abuse?

    I'm not arguing to get more realism as such, but a solution to my problem with the slide would be solved by making it a bit more real. I do not have a problem with reviving and I am very happy with the animation required to perform it. Just a touch of realism that the sliding lacks.
  • InS_Hypno
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mesterKG said:
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)
    might as well remove revives since it unrealistic and lead to abuse?

    I'm not arguing to get more realism as such, but a solution to my problem with the slide would be solved by making it a bit more real. I do not have a problem with reviving and I am very happy with the animation required to perform it. Just a touch of realism that the sliding lacks.
    And yet with the fact that bad revives don't get punished it has way more of an impact than any amount of sliding

    Makes you wonder
  • mesterKG
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)
    And yet with the fact that bad revives don't get punished it has way more of an impact than any amount of sliding

    Makes you wonder

    What's a bad revive? Only thing I can think of is reviving without making sure it's clear.. But this is quickly punished by being shot.
  • InS_Hypno
    444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    mesterKG said:
    InS_Hypno wrote: »
    (Quote)
    And yet with the fact that bad revives don't get punished it has way more of an impact than any amount of sliding

    Makes you wonder

    What's a bad revive? Only thing I can think of is reviving without making sure it's clear.. But this is quickly punished by being shot.
    When you get revived and immediately killed afterwards

    It used to kill you off permanently, ain't the case anymore
  • mesterKG
    116 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh yeah, I understand what you mean. I liked it the way it was before. Die again too soon after being revived and you cannot be revived. Forgot about how that used to work.
  • HillbillyJohn
    509 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If for no other reason the sliding should be removed because of how ridiculous it looks.  This is Battlefield, not air hockey.
  • Magikf1ngers
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No clue how it's even done, you're meant to double tap crouch when running but never seems to work for me . Would be surprised if hit detection remained consistent when doing this.
    It doesn't.  Besides, on the PC - if you have the default layout, you have to double tap crouch while holding down sprint.  It takes out all of the sway and whatnot of normal movement and makes it glass smooth.  That's why the 2A ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ love it so much - they can hold on target much easier while moving faster than sprint with zero penalty.
Sign In or Register to comment.